'File is Damaged and Cannot Be Opened' Mac Issue

Charon

I downloaded a fresh pre-patched Mac copy from the new website, unzipped it, and put in the Applications folder, but anytime I try and open it (whether that's doubleclicking or right-clicking and selecting open) it starts the the verification process before stopping halfway through and giving me this message. I've tried it with and without a Mods folder in the Data folder, have already tried redownloading, have no idea why this is happening, and haven't been able to find any definitive reasons or solutions. Help?

I've had the same issue here. What I did was unzip the file on Desktop and then start (right click, open) the game on Desktop. The game launched as it should have and I then (after having closed the game) moved it to Applications.

Okay, still don't know what's causing the issue in the first place, but I found out how to bypass it entirely and get the game running without issue from that point on, courtesy of Reddit. You need to open up Terminal, and enter this:

xattr -cr /location of an app

Example: xattr -cr /Applications/Self\ Service.app

For the location of an app, you can just drag-and-drop the app itself into the Terminal window and it'll autofill all the location data. Then just hit Enter to execute it. Once the process is finished, which should only take a few seconds at most, you should be able to open the app without it trying to verify it and running into whatever's causing the 'App is damaged' issue.