Impossible Battle - not sure if continuation is possible (V13)

Milotic

One of the Adventure 2 battles (potential spiloer) :

Spoiler

So I've reached the Madelis battle undegrouind, unfortunately I chose not to use the intercepters wish (granting me my team instead of Melia's). In addition to that im playing on intense which means Set battles, and no items. Melia's team is just not capable of winning under these conditions. If anyone has been able to get past this portion under these circumstances please enlighten me, becuase I literally will not be able to progress with the story ( I also cant go back and get my team, or change the difficulty temporarily for this battle)

I've tried many strategies (changing the feild, different leads, etc. but its all to no avail. Mega Houndoom is all of a sudden the bulkiest mon ever, Cincinno which should die to Sun boosted heat crash from Mega Lax (I calc'd it, it does 100% min) upon switch in manages to live on 1 hp every single time, and proceeds to outspeed Melia's entire team and flinch bascially everything. Salazle (which is sash) basically hits everything on Melia's team for super effective damage and can change the field to a firery one (again boosting it's own fire moves and the invetable mega houndoom which ohkos everything with 100% accurate fire blast.

I basically have to pray for hax (which literally never happens) if anything i'll get crit more or miss my attacks cuasing me to automatically soft reset cuz I need everything to go perfect just for me to stand a chance (but ultimately still end up losing anyways)

4 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

hint: use fast mons that can hit hard physically or is a water type, hell running drizzle can mess with the rain royally too

Unless im missing something, im pretty sure I cant change my team, Im stuck with Meila's team until this adventure is finished. Thats why its such a issue haha, didnt realize that i'd be stuck in a situation like this, otherwise i'd have just brought my own team

Just now, Milotic said:

Unless im missing something, im pretty sure I cant change my team, Im stuck with Meila's team until this adventure is finished. Thats why its such a issue haha, didnt realize that i'd be stuck in a situation like this, otherwise i'd have just brought my own team

its almost as if you were given the interceptor's wish for a reason, hmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder what it could possibly do

2 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

its almost as if you were given the interceptor's wish for a reason, hmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder what it could possibly do

It's literally not in my bag, they ask you if you want to use the wish before you begin the adventure and you answer yes or no.

How do you access the wish mid-adventure?? Its not an item in your bag, and i dont remember seeing a different method of using it.

start melia's adventure over if you can and when you get the option to use interceptor's wish, say yes then check ur party at first opportunity

also it is in your bag, its a key item but it has no mid adventure use as far as i know

7 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

start melia's adventure over if you can and when you get the option to use interceptor's wish, say yes then check ur party at first opportunity

also it is in your bag, its a key item but it has no mid adventure use as far as i know

Yea I know your character has the item, but in Melia's Bag the item isnt available to be used (have no idea if thats intentional or not). Also to my knowledge you cant start the adventure over. Im literally trapped underground until I complete this battle. Cant change the difficulty either it seems

3 minutes ago, Milotic said:

Yea I know your character has the item, but in Melia's Bag the item isnt available to be used (have no idea if thats intentional or not). Also to my knowledge you cant start the adventure over. Im literally trapped underground until I complete this battle. Cant change the difficulty either it seems

you can start it over if you revert to a previous save so long as you have backups enabled in the settings, just find the right one and ur good

I also play on intense mode and yes the fight does feel impossible without interceptor’s wish. I was also stuck at that fight and had to revert back to my old save and start from the beginning of the chapter again (redoing Erin’s route) because all of my 50 other backups were from the Melia’s route. I highly recommend loading up your save with v12 debug to tone the difficulty down to normal or easy, much more enjoyable for me even though I love v12 intense mode. Having difficulty fights without access to pc, forcing players to revert to an old save file, is just tedious, and this happened so many times.

The devs wouldn't put an impossible battle in the game if you're using someone else's team. Just try a few different match-ups and see which of Melia's pokemon best counters Madelis'. 

Spoiler

I forgot what I did but I know I started with Gardevoir to beat crobat, and then sacrificed it to bring in Snorlax to fight the Cinccino. Snorlax 2-shots cinccino unless it flinches, but if that happens just reset and try again. The rest of the battle shouldn't be too difficult. There is a battle in path 3 where you use someone else's team and it makes the Madelis battle seem like a cakewalk imo.

On 7/20/2021 at 6:42 PM, mudkippi said:

I also play on intense mode and yes the fight does feel impossible without interceptor’s wish. I was also stuck at that fight and had to revert back to my old save and start from the beginning of the chapter again (redoing Erin’s route) because all of my 50 other backups were from the Melia’s route. I highly recommend loading up your save with v12 debug to tone the difficulty down to normal or easy, much more enjoyable for me even though I love v12 intense mode. Having difficulty fights without access to pc, forcing players to revert to an old save file, is just tedious, and this happened so many times.

I managed to do it somehow, took hella manipulating of the AI tho which is just crazy lol. Had to change the field, predict switches, toook a lot of attempts but we got it done. I also had no good backup saves to use so I had to figure it out haha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harsh Bhakta said:

you do mean the battle in the den of souls, correct?, you fight cassandra ,not madelis

Spoiler

That comes later, the Madelis battle is early on in the route before Melia learns about the disease and such.

Lead with meganium to deal with cincinno, put a reflect and just Giga Drain, try to stall her houndoom by sacrificing your already weak mon, usually it always start with Sunny Day so its ability Solar Power with damage it every turn and it will be enough for megalax to 1 shot it while tanking 1 hit. Her most dangerous pkmn is Crobat it is super bulky and fast, if she switches to it, deal with it as fast as you can

TBHi really hate melia's Togekiss, why the hell didn't she teach it Air slash and Dazzling Gleam, its STAB for god sake, honestly there many instances that having these move will make the battle so much doable, her ace is just a liability