(Spoiler) Stuck at a battle

Rozetheeuwu

Saki's battle is too hard for me (Im playing on normal)

What is it with steel type gym's field effects making these battles so much harder then they need to be?

I can't just change the field effect normally anymore (before this I always just changed to misty terrain to make my life easier, but it doesn't work the same way anymore).

Anyway, I don't know what to do. Any advice?

Edit: I forgot to say that I can't get past her first pokemon

Edit: I did it!

Spoiler

Used wonder room like suggested then used soak, took down the aggron with my meganium (I also put up a light screen). Took out the bastiodan with d-bond froslass (fuck that thing and it's crest!) Put bronzong asleep with sleep powder and used grass pledge, venusaur went down and used fire pledge with charizard and created a burning field, sadly it went down but drought ninetails came in and took out the bronzong and metagross, I forgot corvoknight had a occa berry and it went down, I revived Charizard then the game crashed or something? Idk I was able to revive both frosslass and ninetails without corvoknight actually being able to attack because a error kept popping up. Took it out and then D-bonded the duralodon with frosslass again

Edited by Rozetheeuwu

For this gym, I used these two mons: 

imgur link for both of them: https://imgur.com/a/i0pujgK

Strategy: Hypnosis the aggron turn 1. If Hypnosis misses, restart. If Hypnosis lands, click substitute and minimize up. If the sub is broken, use substitute again. If the aggron is asleep, you have clicked minimize three times already, and have a sub up, switch into Blaziken and start bulking up. Bulk up to +6 and click substitute if the sub gets broken again. Use leppa berries to restore pp of substitute if it gets too low. From there, just use High Jump Kick to win. (Stacking Shot would be better in this scenario, but I forgot to teach my blaziken it. 

Items used: Leppa berries (like 3). Ultra Potions (30+)

• Like 1

I was having some issues with her too but I managed to cheese her pretty hard. The issue I was running into was that several of my pokemon were just worthless after the physical special split so I had to repurpose them for support. I'll explain essentially how I won in hopes that you could have a chance too. Essentially what you need is the TMs for thunderwave and attract, as well as some male pokemon that can set up (hone claws, bulk up, whatever) and resists steel type moves (so saki won't use whatever the fuck that busted move was called). For me that was a blaziken.

1. sacrifice some mon you dont really need for the fight to paralyze the aggron

2. switch to your attract mon and attract it. You should be able to survive the blizzards and stuff, if only barely. Heal any time you get hit and then whenever you are at full health use a set up move. When youre at max, kill the aggron and then just wipe her team.

NOTE: the next thing she send out will be her bastiodon which has some annoying crest that makes you take half the damage you deal as recoil. Because the bastiodon has sturdy, you will want to use a weak move to break the sturdy while taking minimal damage before using a kill move. In my case I just set up stealth rocks to break its sturdy instead. After that all you have to worry about is the mega metagross. Which I only managed to beat because my sweeper had speed boost. Yeah no this fight is bogus actually i wish you the best.

This whole version was crazy hard. Felt like I had to unlock the secrets of the universe just to beat geara's fucking parasect. Like seriously the thing dealt 70% to my defense invested tangrowth with phantom force????? And just ohko's everything else??? It outsped my blaziken after a speed drop from sticky web????

?????

I had extreme trouble with Saki compared to every other battles in V13 and I have to do research on the field and everything.

I discovered that Wonder Room is activated at start of battle and discovered that it is extremely broken when paired with glitch field. Wonder Room allows defense to be swapped with special defense and then for the glitch field, the higher value of special defense or attack will count as special attack, which is why you see pokemons like Aggron and Bronzong kick ass with those special moves when their special attack stats aren't high (because their ridiculously high sp def value is now its sp atk).

First thing first, I know wonder room has to go so their sp def drops and thus also their sp.atk as a result. Go catch a golduck (who learns wonder room by levelling) and quickly level it up to 85, use it for first pokemon, this golduck can optionally be just a fodder to disable that wonder room, and the battle will get a lot easier. Get team of pokemon that uses fire, ground and status moves that either burns or paralyzes, and you should be fine. The wonder room is what's making Saki's pokemon so broken and seemingly unbeatable. I resetted around 10 times and can barely get past 2 of her pokemons because it's too tanky and either one-shot or reduce my pokemon to half hp on top of that extremely powerful unique move that reduces either atk/sp.atk or def/sp.def.

Hope it helps.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 3:25 AM, Addiction101 said:

For this gym, I used these two mons: 

imgur link for both of them: https://imgur.com/a/i0pujgK

Strategy: Hypnosis the aggron turn 1. If Hypnosis misses, restart. If Hypnosis lands, click substitute and minimize up. If the sub is broken, use substitute again. If the aggron is asleep, you have clicked minimize three times already, and have a sub up, switch into Blaziken and start bulking up. Bulk up to +6 and click substitute if the sub gets broken again. Use leppa berries to restore pp of substitute if it gets too low. From there, just use High Jump Kick to win. (Stacking Shot would be better in this scenario, but I forgot to teach my blaziken it. 

Items used: Leppa berries (like 3). Ultra Potions (30+)

Genius!

Got lucky and didn't need even to use items!

Here is the OP plan.

Bring a golduck with wonder room. Use wonder room t1, to get rid of the permemant wonder room that is in place during this battle. Bring a Sheninja with a seed. This will make it unkillable (unless the devs nerfed it since I last did the fight). The only way it can die is to hitting the Bastiodon, cause of the crest. Use Sheninja to stall out/kill most of her team. Win with whatever other 4 mons you brought. 

Remember that glitch field gets rid of the physical special split, so be sure to bring mons that benefit from this (I.E. Don't bring Arcanine since fire becomes special, so Arcanine kind of sucks here, but something like Chandalure would be pretty good). 

EDIT: Shedninja move set that worked for me is

- Hone Claws

- Dig

- WIll-O-Wisp

- Shadow Ball (Ghost is Physical, cause of glitch field) 

You can use this set to stall out the mons that have rest and other set up moves. This plan let me win with No Items, Set Mode, No Mega/Z-Move on Normal.

If you allow yourself to use items then this will be much easier, just use a bunch of PP restoring items on Sheninja and you can stall out all of her mons (of healing moves), you can buy leppa berries somewhere, and you can get tons of pp items from the chasm in the desert (use itemfinder). Do be warned that struggle can kill you, so don't let them struggle!

Edited by pizzagod13