Sleep moves on V13

7ravens

Let me just preface this by saying that I play on intense difficulty.

With the release of ep 13 I decided to do a new playthrough to see all the new material added throughout the game. One thing is I've noticed that gym leaders

are significantly more difficult that before. A lot of it comes down to wild Pokémon such as meditate (before gym 3)  and swoobat (before gym 1) being moved

to different parts of the game. So far I think thats been okay but what really gets me is all the super-accurate sleep moves that the new leaders are getting.

The 3rd gym with the stantler crest and hypnosis is kinda nuts to play against since stantler hits like a truck and few mons will outspeed it at that point in the game, especially with the ev training moved later in the game. The 4th gym with the unburden drifblim and super accurate hypnosis( from the field) that just puts your whole team to sleep without you being able to play is just not fun. As far as Im aware the only insomia mons you can get at this point are noctowland araidos, both of which cant take on the drifblim (since ghost is super effect against normal on the field, and dark is nerfed so you cant sucker punch it with ariados). Just wondering how the devs thought we were supposed to take this on.

*edit at this point we also get drowzee pumpkaboo and shuppet with insomnia. Not that any of those mons are particularly good against a ghost gym.

Edited by 7ravens

3rd Gym I think I got by fine with an Pikachu outspeeding and Paralysing it before it can Hypnotise me, and killing with Thwackey afterwards. Or if you have a Carkoal, it resists all of Stantler's attacks.

4th Gym, the easiest way to deal with Drifblim is a Strong Jaw Boltund with Crunch and an Awakening.