No EV cards? lvl 15? No Lillipup? Unuzlockable.

MrStormy

I've been doing intense mode hardcore nuzlockes for about half a year now and the venam fight was always a consistent 1HKO with herdier as long as you had above 0 IVs in atk and speed. I'm not saying that I wanted it to remain an incredibly easy fight but with the pokemon available I don't see a world in which I come out with more than 1 pokemon alive. Spoink in worthless due to alolan grimer, seviper takes too much damage and is unreliable at best with iron tail, no starters evolve due to the level cap so no braixen, hoothoot is an absolute joke and the nidos are literal infant rats due to the level cap as well.

I'm stuck, anyone have literally any idea that would be at least work 10% of the time?

Maybe if you get woobat and geodude? Maybe chingling but its a low percent encounter also just try not losing mons against random trainers by overleveling to the cap as soon as possible and just use reverse candies if something goes up the lvl cap by your rules But I dont think this is really possible without insane amount of luck and not being able to ev train makes it even more luck based and harder

Edited by Vum

5 minutes ago, Vum said:

Maybe if you get woobat and geodude? Maybe chingling but its a low percent encounter also just try not losing mons against random trainers by overleveling to the cap as soon as possible.

Also braixen does evolve at the level cap  and vivillion can be good with confusion. But the most important thing is ev training imo.

in v13 you cannot access geodude, woobat or vivillion, the EV cards are unbuyable, in fact you can't even get speed or hp, the lvl cap is 15 and starters evolve at lvl 16 and I don't even know if you can get a chingling during the night anymore, I got a hoothoot which wasn't available before

3 minutes ago, AccursedMuffin said:

The powder moves (Poison Powder, Stun Spore and Sleep Powder) become 100% accurate on the corrosive field, so maybe try Butterfree or something like that?

I'll give this a try but caterpie's rates seem to be astronomically low, specially for a mon that needs as many IV's as possible

Just now, MrStormy said:

I'll give this a try but caterpie's rates seem to be astronomically low, specially for a mon that needs as many IV's as possible

Nah they're fairly common on the rooftop of Chrisola Hotel at afternoon, I'm grinding one up to try right now.

Just now, AccursedMuffin said:

Nah they're fairly common on the rooftop of Chrisola Hotel at afternoon, I'm grinding one up to try right now.

afternoon? my clock is at 3 pm and I find like 5 skitty, 3 meowths and 2 glameows before finding 1 caterpie, I might be getting incredibly unlucky tho

1 hour ago, AccursedMuffin said:

The powder moves (Poison Powder, Stun Spore and Sleep Powder) become 100% accurate on the corrosive field, so maybe try Butterfree or something like that?

a 29+ speed butterfree actually stands a great chance against Venam it seems! just gotta get lucky with shed skin on seviper...

edit: the butterfree isn't enough but this specific team actually has a chance to win! the chances are like 20% and the sacks depend on how lucky or unlucky you get with both your sleeps and the opponent's sleeps but hey, it's passable!

llllll.png