Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Houndour pokesnax post gang event

loveDBZ

Question

Okay, I know I'm not crazy, I have read SEVERAL posts about this event after the aqua vs magma gang event. I cannot for the life of me trigger the event. And the posts I've read haven't given a clear answer, so here's to hoping this does.

On my old save file I accidently triggered the event and don't remember how. It was before Shade cause I remember having a houndoom to help beat him (which I need now). I've already beaten Shelly, right now the orphans and the lot are in the railenet waiting for me to beat Shade so that shouldn't be an issue. Was the even moved or replaced? If not how do I get this event!?!?!

I've heard so many things "Has to be morning" didn't work "has to be night" also didn't work "Has to be windy" nothing.

What is the specific weather, time, and day that needs to trigger this event? Is it just random? 

I'm playing a challenge run where I have to only use shinies, so I don't want to trade either, I want the event.

Thank you in advance to anyone who helps!! 

7 answers to this question

I've seen a theory that kind of goes along with my own experience, where it doesn't appear until you get to Spinel Town (since that's where you get the Good Rod which is what you need for Carvanha if you're Magma). It's possible you could've had Houndour earlier if on that save you joined Magma Gang, or it might've been available earlier in a previous version that I'm not aware of.

53 minutes ago, Rendolf said:

I've seen a theory that kind of goes along with my own experience, where it doesn't appear until you get to Spinel Town (since that's where you get the Good Rod which is what you need for Carvanha if you're Magma). It's possible you could've had Houndour earlier if on that save you joined Magma Gang, or it might've been available earlier in a previous version that I'm not aware of.

That sounds like a solid theory. I wish it were confirmed though. And I do remember in my previous saving having that houndoom before Shades gym and defeating him with it, so it could have changed, or it could be that I'm just unlucky? I'm not sure. 

2 hours ago, loveDBZ said:

And I do remember in my previous saving having that houndoom before Shades gym and defeating him with it, so it could have changed, or it could be that I'm just unlucky? I'm not sure. 

Well that's part of what I'm saying. You might've chosen to join Magma Gang that time around in which case you get a Houndour early on instead of the Carvanha you get from joining Aqua Gang (and that might be before Shade, I can't remember exactly when that quest becomes available)

16 hours ago, Rendolf said:

Well that's part of what I'm saying. You might've chosen to join Magma Gang that time around in which case you get a Houndour early on instead of the Carvanha you get from joining Aqua Gang (and that might be before Shade, I can't remember exactly when that quest becomes available)

I didn't, I always chose Aqua, never Magma.

6 hours ago, Starry Knight said:

HOundour u do get one from Magma but u can also get one as event, trying to dig up what Ame said about it the other day and Natu

That would be wonderful even if just for confirmation. I appreciate it.