Specific music sources

0 SPD Slowpoke

Desolation has a pretty impressive range of music, so much that I actually want to find out where a lot of BGM tracks come from. Most of them are labeled with titles and artists in the game folder, but there's a few I haven't managed to track down. Does anyone know the sources of these?

Feeling - Beauty

The track that plays in the Silver Rise cavern. It took me forever to find because, as it turned out, Caz actually used RPGmaker to modulate the pitch to make it fit the atmosphere much more, which is really a commendable commitment.

Battle - Hardy

This is labeled as Tellur Town Autumn from Pokken Tournament, but the uploads on youtube sound different. I have no idea if this is a specific remix or somehow altered.

• Upvote 1

The Battle - Hardy soundtrack is a reduced tempo and pitch version. I tried to recreate the sound and made it to -2 pitch and 85% or 90% tempo. 

I meant to say that the Pokken tournament (the original one) version can be obtained by reducing Battle - Hardy by the indicated changes

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Developers

Everyone else has tracked down all the tracks except Feeling - Beauty. I did modify some of them to fit a bit better. As for Feeling - Beauty in 5.1 and before, I'm actually not certain of the source. I believe it was from Alex Roe (RoeTaka), but I can't be certain. For that same reason, this track is one of many that has been replaced for Episode 6.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 10:56 AM, Caz said:

Everyone else has tracked down all the tracks except Feeling - Beauty. I did modify some of them to fit a bit better. As for Feeling - Beauty in 5.1 and before, I'm actually not certain of the source. I believe it was from Alex Roe (RoeTaka), but I can't be certain. For that same reason, this track is one of many that has been replaced for Episode 6.

That is really unfortunate, I think it's one of the best pieces in the whole game in both the song itself and its placement.