Is this Ciel or the Ringmaster?

Gham

*minor spoilers ahead but also this has been out for two years so like maybe thats ok*

In the restored Reborn city , if you go to Beryl Ward and go into that hidden apartment in the garden east of the fountain, a couple is found talking about their daughter who locked herself in her room and was a social outcast (maybe its me) but one day up and went to the circus, following "some girl". Is this Ciel following the Ringmaster (whatever her name was)? They both seemed bold and not shy tho. Could also be rawr but her backstory she told when we fought her doesnt line up with that.

It is actually Terra that they're talking about, so it's hard to know what caused her to change so much. Also depending on which routes you've taken, it's possible to find out who the other girl they were talking about was, but that just adds even more confusion...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rendolf said:

It is actually Terra that they're talking about, so it's hard to know what caused her to change so much. Also depending on which routes you've taken, it's possible to find out who the other girl they were talking about was, but that just adds even more confusion...

did not know that! the title for this post was originally "is this Terra" but then i was like nah it couldnt be. also do you know what choices wouldve gotten more info? I havent done a full playthrough in a minute so i dont remember if i heard of it or not.

I don't remember the exact choices, but they are made at the orphanage and Saphira, Laura and Charlotte's home 

In the end these choices make it so that Saphira is abducted by meteors and you are in tanzan depths with both her and Laura

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alisekoroleva said:

I don't remember the exact choices, but they are made at the orphanage and Saphira, Laura and Charlotte's home 

In the end these choices make it so that Saphira is abducted by meteors and you are in tanzan depths with both her and Laura

oooooh, ok every time i always stay downstairs, however i forget who that saves other than Shelly. cause whats his face is always like 
"deeeerrrrrr, sounds like they are having trouble upstairs! guess u better abandon your friends herehuh" and even in playthroughs i do just to make different choices im like hell no i aint going

5 minutes ago, Rendolf said:

The choices for that info should be not fighting Doctor Connal at the Yureyu Building and then staying downstairs at the Belrose House. You get some info pretty soon after that and then even more quite a bit later, at Ametrine City.

off the top of your head do you know where/when in ametrine city? like post episode 18 or was there lore given when Terra told you her backstory in the glitch world?

3 hours ago, Gham said:

off the top of your head do you know where/when in ametrine city? like post episode 18 or was there lore given when Terra told you her backstory in the glitch world?

It's right after you beat Blake at the peak pretty much.

On 2/28/2021 at 10:46 AM, Gham said:

Could also be rawr but her backstory she told when we fought her doesnt line up with that.

Terra tells us two different backstories and both are those of the protagonists of Batman and Star Wars (Bruce Wayne and Luke Skywalker) because she seems to be quite a bit unhinged. 
Her actual backstory is told by DJ Archlight (I believe I'm remembering his name correctly, it's been a while since I completed ep18) in the profiles TV segment prior to fighting her (as can all the gym leaders' backstories). 

I haven't met the couple you're referring to but what you describe lines up with Terra's backstory as told by DJ Archlight. 

The reason for her dramatic change in personality, however, remains unclear. 

At first I thought the Terra we met and fought might not be the real one but some form of humanoid computer program clone like Clu in Tron Legacy except a massively glitched one or perhaps a virus. The fact that she is able to transcend into a computer, manipulate (more specifically screw up) the realm and be deleted adds up with this. 
This could also be the mysterious reason Lin refused to fire her from Team Meteor despite numerous complaints that she breaks more things than she fixes (I believe this is a tidbit you get from Taka in Tourmaline Desert if you go the Reshiram route).

I haven't renounced that theory per say but am not quite as convinced anymore and if this couple is indeed Terra's parents and they mention her joining the circus that is just another contradiction to consider on top of the PC also transcending into the computer and Samson attempting to un-delete Terra.