When you've been breeding IVs for 10+ hours

Drahydra

I did my breeding with a Larvesta and Flame Body, was near the train station on the tracks and biked there up and down, after 2x up and down, I could go and fetch the next egg :D so at any time I had 1 Larvesta and 4/5 eggs. I breeded, for a almost perfect Beldum, i think for like 3 days or so. Breeding is so time consuming....

11 hours ago, Candy said:

I feel thee. There was a time when I, too, bred for hours xD

Do you have the speed breeding mod? It was a life changer for me

Nope. Vanilla. I've been keeping a 5IV w/Destiny Knot and a 4IV holding a Power Band (the missing from the 5IV) and it's been about 3 boxes full now. Anything I'm doing wrong, or do I just keep at it?

1 minute ago, Drahydra said:

Nope. Vanilla. I've been keeping a 5IV w/Destiny Knot and a 4IV holding a Power Band (the missing from the 5IV) and it's been about 3 boxes full now. Anything I'm doing wrong, or do I just keep at it?

I think the 5IV should be the one holding the power item, since it forces that IV value on the offspring (not sure if that's just a typo).

It's probably easier if you get a 6IV ditto (they've been around and I have one too if you'd like one).

I do recommend getting the mod if you're planning to shiny breed :p

15 minutes ago, Candy said:

I think the 5IV should be the one holding the power item, since it forces that IV value on the offspring (not sure if that's just a typo).

It's probably easier if you get a 6IV ditto (they've been around and I have one too if you'd like one).

I do recommend getting the mod if you're planning to shiny breed :p

To clarify: The female is holding the destiny knot and has five 31s, in HP, Att, Def, Sat, and Spd. The male has four 31s, one of which is in Sdf, and he is holding a power band to pass it on. Is there something I'm missing?

19 minutes ago, Drahydra said:

To clarify: The female is holding the destiny knot and has five 31s, in HP, Att, Def, Sat, and Spd. The male has four 31s, one of which is in Sdf, and he is holding a power band to pass it on. Is there something I'm missing?

I think you misunderstand how the Destiny Knot works: it ensures 5 IVs are passed on from either parent. So, which parent is holding the Destiny Knot doesn't matter, the outcome's the same. The Power items on the other hand, do pass on one specific stat from the Pokémon that's holding it.

In your case though, I don't think it makes a difference which mon is holding a Power Item and which is holding the Destiny Knot. It does matter, however, when you are breeding with a 6IV and a 5IV, because then you have to give the 5IV the Destiny Knot and the 6IV the Power item of the stat the 5IV one is missing (which is probably the scenario @Candy was thinking of).

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 2/17/2021 at 1:52 AM, Jace3 said:

I did my breeding with a Larvesta and Flame Body

literally i dont think Volcarona with flame body has left my party once in the last year lol. Biking up and down the tracks of Peridot Ward is the way to go.