Grinding money

Bender17

Hey there,

Well, I ran out of money when I was doing the forest restoration sidequest.
And I began to think how would it be better if there was a way to grind some pokecash.

One way of doing this would be having trainers that we could battle over and over and grinding money.

The only way that I did to gain some money is fighting in Oceana Pier on that factory that has panels that kills us.

Best method i think is to have a pokemon with thief an go to the moonfield in the phasial cave, there you can encounter wild cleffa and sometimes they have a comet shard with them which you can sell for 60.000. i recommend using bufferfree bec it has also compound eyes.

You can maybe train up a pickup team, starting at lv 31 pokemon with the ability have a 1% chance of dropping blue moon ice cream which can be sold for 10k and starting at lv 61 they can also pick up big nuggets. If you have the rejuvenation modpack installed mining rocks may contain a comet shard, this i think is the easiest method since you can always soft reset the rocks until you get a comet shard out of any of them. As said here before you can go to the moonfield, but not only cleffa has the possibility to have a comet shard, clefairy, solrock and lunatone also have a chance to have a comet shard. Staryu at Terajuma shore have a chance to have a star piece. Paras at the spring in Sheridan has a small chance to have a balm mushroom as well as a higher chance for the other mushrooms. And the last one i can think of that has anything of value are grimer and muk that both have a chance to have a nugget. Those are all the best ways to get more money aside from trainer battles.

I'm currently using the moonfield comet shard method.  Using Galvantula with compound eyes.  Mons in the area also drop moonstones, sunstones and stardust.  So you can sell those too.

I also have the other 5 slots filled with a team of pick up mons, great way to stack up on max repels for any future pesky caves with a high encounter rate.  I've even gotten a couple of leftovers and more PP ups than I know what to do with lol.

Interesting to note about this method, is that the cleffas can also drop leppa berries, so you don't need to go back to the pokemon center every time you need to refresh your number of Thief's PP.

And for those still working on the 'That's a stone, Luigi' achievo, i've been catching every clefairy that spawns once every blue moon and just using the moonstones that drop off the mons in this area.