Loss of data?

Max_fnd

So since I have been playing my game on my school laptop, I recently graduated and so we had to reset our laptops to remove all the school admin stuff, And I made sure I backed everything up. Everything that was on that laptop was backed up onto a USB multiple times, yet I've just recently decided to start playing again, and everything is gone? The game itself is fine,  but my save is gone. Is there any possible way to get my save back?, I've loved playing the game But I really don't fancy playing through half of the game again Just to get back to the point I'm at. Any advice?

Is all my data gone forever? (I'm guessing so) Most importantly though, would there be any way to easily get back to the point I was at?, Or Am I forced to play through the entire game again just to reach this point?, Because I'm really not too keen on doing that. I love the game but it's been real difficult and quite time consuming, I really don't wanna do it all again.  My very first time I played I ended up quitting because I was stuck on the ice gym. That was a few year ago and I've loved returning to the game to finish what I started, but after not getting all too much further and everything being fresh in my mind, re doing it is not on my to-do list. Thanks for any help in advance

Hi Max, did you back up the contents of the Saved Game folder of that laptop into your USB? Because Reborn saves are usually in Saved Games<Pokemon Reborn on Windows. If you didn't then yeah you're gonna have to start again (unless if you know someone at the point you got to then you could always ask them for their save).

To expand on the above the exact path that RGSS save files are held in is:
This PC > Windows > Users > White > Saved Games > Pokemon Reborn

If you only backed up the game and not this folder than I'm afraid your save file is gone. 

I don't know the Mac equivalent as I've never played an RGSS game on the one I used to use.

The good news is that you might not have to start a new file.

You can also inquire in troubleshooting for someone willing to share a save file that's at the needed point. I've never required this but I've seen such requests.