Johto Adventures! (IC)

anethia

As soon as Odin awoke, she realised exactly the extent of what she had done. Tears welled in her eyes.

"Why?" She asked herself. "..why?" Odin stood up. She ran outside as quickly as she could, and spotted her. She ran towards her. She eventually caught up.

"I-I'm.. I'm so sorry! I don't know why I did that, I'm so sorry!" Odin said. Tears that could not be stopped flowed down, splashing against the ground. "I'm so sorry!" The Turtwig was growling at her, and it was obviously restraining itself. "Go ahead." She whispered. "I deserve it.. I was horrible and.. I shouldn't have.. I'm so sorry." She tenderly extended a hand which held the medicine she had made. Her eyes clouded with tears, she could barely see her. But she saw the injuries. Her knees wobbled, and she barely held herself up. She merely placed the medicine down, before walking off.

She bolted franticly through the trees, looking, searching. She saw the Oran Berries. She plucked one, two, three, before running to find Rawst Berries. She found them, plucked three, and dropped them into a bowl. She crushed them and added water, making a paste she had to hope would work. She ran back, relieved to find them still there.

"Please.. forgive me. I never wanted this to happen. And if I could change what I did.. believe me when I say I would. I know this won't be much.. but I want to help. I got carried away, and did something so cruel.. and I don't know why." She laid two Oran Berries at the Turtwig, and held the other one and the Rawst Berry mix out to the other trainer. "If we ever become friends, which I hope happens.. I wish we can pretend that never happened."

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The raccoon sighed.

"Dissociative identity disorder... I thought this was just a sociopathic Trainer, but one who changes personalities on the fly is worse." Telmaris looked at the tag on her front paw. "Yep, they're all fine. If this is what the world is changing to, all six of us are in danger."

She looked at Vulpix intently.

"You know, Vulpix... one, I need a name so that I don't keep addressing you by species name while I talk in human tongue. It's demeaning to you. So I'm gonna need something else. Two---you can come with me and see what humans are really like. It will not always be pleasant. You will hate them sometimes, you will love them sometimes. If you wish to know more, then I have a dangerous task for you."

There was much to do.

Edited by RisingManes

Vulpix scratched at his neck with his hind paw, raising an eyebrow at what the zigzagoon was talking about. "What identity disorder? Socio-what?" he barked in pokespeak, tilting his head. He had no idea what this Telmaris was talking about. Narrowing his eyes at the next statement that the zigzagoon spoke, his fur bristled angrily. "Team Magma called me #60603, and I have no interest in humans--they're all horrible, filthy creatures who care for no one but themselves. They're a worthless, greedy lot, humans are." Vulpix spat as he padded over to the puddle formed by water dripping from the ceiling, taking a sip from the rippling water.

"...whoa. Numbers? Damn, talk about impersonal. Uhh... the digital root of that number is 9, so I'll call you Nonary. Is that okay?"

Telmaris frowned at his later statement.

"Yeah, see... the problem here is, I traveled with a human. They're entirely different from your experience. I didn't just have horrible experiences by the hands of humans. I also had made a promise to the one I was friends with. That I would see her wish come true. But for that, I need to travel across the world."

She saw an opening in the cave, from which she saw the unconscious girl. "They're only as bad as Pokémon are. For example: that girl risked her life to save mine, just as you did."

"But maybe I should show you this instead."

She lifted her paw for the Vulpix to see.

TheRacoonsTag_zps3d4a8ce1.png

"I'm not alone. Six of us made a vow to go on a strange journey. But we've become scattered... you could say our Trainer died. So I have to look for the other five."

She looked at him with pleading eyes. "Won't you come with me? You're the only one who showed me care. All other wild Pokémon showed me disdain... you're the only one who went out of his way to tend to my wounds. So it stands to reason that humans can't be worse."

"...and right now, a human and her Deino are making a terrible mistake. Don't you at least care for the Deino?"

Edited by RisingManes

Vulpix glared down at his paws with a light growl, his ears folded back as he thought of that deino being forced to fight to the death for his no-good dirty rotten pig stealing trainer. "Grr, fine. I'll help you, even though I think you're wasting your time, dedicating yourself to this human." the fire type relunctantly agreed, shaking paws with the injured zigzagoon. "But first, we gotta get you feeling better." he added before going off to pluck another oran berry from his stash.

"Alright. So I'll explain what's going on: I think that... trainer... is... pardon my French... fucking insane. Literally. I heard her sobbing, then being hateful. Two personalities in a single human. That's why she's so dangerous. Poor Deino... I don't think he really wants to fight, but..."

"So I'm going to need to know what you're capable of. Me---tackling, growling and leering are all I'm good at. And being a rare coloration. You, on the other hand... you can attack from a distance, can't you?"

"... derp, I can't math right sometimes. The digital root of your number is six. So, Hexad."

Edited by RisingManes

6:34 AM Cherrygrove City Pokemon center

The sun rose early today. This was a great time to head out. After saying good bye to the nurse, I went towards the next route. Apparently, there is a man named Mr. Pokemon who lives on this route. It is said that he is very eccentric and is obsessed with eggs. I felt that I should go see him first before going to Violet City.

The path to his house was very short. While there were some wild pokemon, they were usually of normal, bug, or grass type, in which Dusk and Seishin have no problem busting through. However, there was a man who charged out of his house, just to give me an Apricorn Basket. But after several more paces and wild encounters, I finally reached my first stop, Mr. Pokemon's house.

"Such a strange man..to live out here." I have no problem with rural locations, but this is just the textbook definition of the boonies. "Oh well, might as well drop in."

One would say that Silph Laboratory was quite messy. This was worse. MUCH worse. There is paper all over the floor, something in which Silph took care of at the least, wires and machine parts laying about, and messy shelves that lack any form of organization. Of course, we could not forget the old gentlemen sleeping on his desk with a Kricketune Alarm in front of a round, white and purple object. "That must be an Egg." I thought. "Perhaps I should wake him up.." But there was no need, as his Kricketune Alarm Clock blared, with Mr. Pokemon jumping in to motion. "Crap, he might think I'm a burglar." But what happened was even stranger.

"Oh, did you wake me up?" I looked at him with a dumbfound expression. "Ah, you must be then. Tell me, are you here to see my new glorious Egg?"

"Eccentric is right. But sure, it tickles my fancy." His eyes lit up. "Wonderful! Now, come this way, and look at this egg from Unova." As mentioned, it was white and purple, though the purple is on top with a fire pattern. It was beautiful, if not unnerving as well. "Well, I normally would love to take this with me, but I've been so busy. Perhaps you might raise it?" Raise an Egg? Come now, I've had trouble keeping down a blue jackal that loves kicking my shins for a day. He expects me to raise an Egg? But, if the man needs help then..

"I'll do it."

"Great!" He handed me the Egg in a large case. "Now off you go!" And then he shoved me out of his house. I was undecided whether he wanted me to raise it or use as a way to remove me from his house..or maybe the Egg itself. "Okay, I am officially going to be a father."

Edited by Lunar081

Having gotten fed up with waiting for the man to respond, I'd decided about 6 hours earlier that running through Cherrygrove was my best bet. With Rascal holding tightly to my backpack, I'd set off and kept going until I got to Cherrygrove City. After stopping by the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon after their battle earlier (the one that had resulted in Ironside joining my team), I went to the Mart to pick up some supplies. Once inside, I heard people talking about a rampaging Garchomp that passed through the city, heading North toward Mr. Pokemon's house. I immediately inquired as to the house's whereabouts, then began running as fast as I could toward the house.

Upon my arrival at the house, I saw a decimated battlefield, a sobbing trainer, and a shaken-up Garchomp. No sign of Orpha, though. Jory approached the sobbing trainer and the other trainer whose Pokemon were pinning the crying one to the ground. "Did a girl get off that Garchomp's back?"

"...oooor I could go ahead and charge on my own. Yeah, thanks a lot."

Telmaris ran back into the fray. There she stood, still scarred and battered. Her amber fur was cut in certain places, yet she stood, uncaring of her ill-fitting condition.

"You know, you all need to chill out. So what if I'm dying now? So what if that girl is unconscious? Would she want you to get angry at me? No! She went out of her way to save my life on her own free will. She stood against you. She prevented you from making a mistake you'd regret.

I've made my choice. If anyone can hone the power I hold in this miniature shell, it's her. I'll make it official as soon as she wakes up."

Telmaris turned her gaze up north.

"You know, we're halfway to Violet City. I'll go on ahead and scout the area. And If I hear you fighting again, God help me, I'm going to tell my friend to sing opera in front of all of you. That friend happens to be a Jigglypuff."

The amber Zigzagoon ran up ahead, up, up to the Dark Cave.

"It's alright if you don't wanna join, Hexad. Sorry for trying to goad you into it. It's my journey."

• 3 weeks later...

Dark. So dark. Nothing but blackness. Bleak blackness. I am walking on a path, and on this path may no one walk.

I am walking on a long road. Where it begins, where it ends; what it leads to, where it leads from, I do not know. No one knows. But I walk on nonetheless.

Sounds; no, outlines; no, pictures. Pictures appear by my side, floating by in an ephemeral mist. Pictures of my mother and father smiling. Pictures of us as a family, laughing and loving.

Pictures of a car. Headlights. Screaming. Silent screaming. Sounds occur with the pictures. A crash, a scream, more screams. Sobbing. A weak voice. Red. So much red. So much black. So much sad.

Crying. Mourning. Sadness. Grief. Black. Too much black. Tears. Tears. So many tears. Shadows, words of consolence.

Darkness. Black. Bleak. Flickering. The scent of smoke. The constant scent of smoke. Smoke and... Something else. Something evil. Something bad.

Yelling. Anger. Distance. All this distance.

Why? Why did it happen? Was it me? Yes. It was me. All me. All my fault. All my fault. Myself. My happiness. My pride. My foolishness.

I hug my arms around myself, drawing into myself as the darkness surrounds me. All my fault. Why.

"Orpha."

Orpha..? Is that my name? Orpha. Orpha. A high voice pierces the dark. The blurry outline of a girl materialises before me. This girl. Someone important. Someone important to me. Who? Who? Who?!?!

Eve.

Yes. Eve. That's right. My joy. My love. My happiness. My salvation.

"I love you, Orpha."

Yes. The words. The words sound right. A new set of pictures appear. The shadows multiply.

Eve helping me bury the Vulpix. Eve and I, meeting in the pouring rain, the rain which disguised the tears against her bruised face. Eve, being pulled along by her arm. Eve, averting her gaze under her boyfriend's questioning. Eve, crying into my breast. Eve, holding myself against her on the smooth white bed. Myself, standing between Eve and her boyfriend, shielding her body, holding back tears.

Light slowly begins to fill the area.

Eve and I, smiling, laughing. Eve facing off the Champion, myself in the stands. Eve and I, jumping around Mimi and kissing as the Garchomp blushed.

Eve and I, taking comfort in each other. Soft sighs. Fleeting kisses.

The path becomes brighter, some strange light illuminating its passage. I see Eve, with a sad look on her face, waving at me. She looks different. She is dressed wholly in a white robe. Her sad smile is uncharacteristic. Her body seems... Immaterial. I reach for her, and feel my hand stop in front of her face, stopped by something unseen, something unfathomable. Realisation dawns on me.

No. It can't be. Not Eve. Definitely not Eve. Not her. Not after everything. Tears, unbidded, trail down my cheeks. Eve extends her hand to me, like she did so long ago in the rain. An offer. I understand. Herself, in exchange for everything else. A choice between either being with her forever and losing everything, or losing her for now and getting a second chance.

An easy choice, to be sure. Smiling, I take her hand and step with her into the warm, warm light.

-------------------------------------------------

Next to Orpha's still body, a cellphone glows, displaying a text message.

"Orpha.

Terrorists attacked my hotel. They have guns. I'm going to try and stop them. I love you forever. Please remember me.

Goodbye."

Running, running, running in a zig-zag pattern.

How long until the group got there? She didn't know. She didn't care---a sudden bout of anxiety had befallen her. To the steadfast Telmaris, this was a foreign emotion.

"Manes... I didn't have to do anything at all in this region. Rather, I couldn't do anything. The way things are going, they're going to get worse... and I'm powerless to stop the flow of events. I'm hoping the lot of you, and Little Boy Blue and Little Girl Red get to do something worthwhile in the Sinnoh region..."

She looked down at the bracelet.

"Guess I'm going the rest of this journey alone."

Edited by DaveStrider