Subforum Rules

Nyrias

As per request and success of the poll, we've created a Roleplaying subforum for those who wanted it.

However, being as it is a part of the forums, make sure to follow the standard rules.

1. Be respectful, or at least pretend like it.
  2. Attempt to act intelligently (no chatspeak, surely not in a roleplaying subforum.)
  3. No trolling each other.
  4. Don't purposely annoy others.
  5. No X rated RPs.
  6. Please follow the ruleset of the roleplay you are participating in.

If anyone has any other suggestions for rules, PM me on forums, and tell me what it is. Have fun~

If one fails to follow any of these rules, please notify me via PM and I'll take care of it in any way I can.

RP in Pokemon Reborn? This will be interesting. I think I'll sit back and watch what happens before I get involved.

I really think there should be a length rule. People who only post two sentences in RP are so lazy....

RP in Pokemon Reborn? This will be interesting. I think I'll sit back and watch what happens before I get involved.

I really think there should be a length rule. People who only post two sentences in RP are so lazy....

I have been guilty of this before, but only because, at times, there are really only a few things a given character can do under certain situations, usually because one cannot take control of another person's character. As such, there should be exceptions to the rule, such as for situations where any extended actions make little sense in the context besides upping the word count. Generally, though, I think it should be up to whomever moderates/oversees/whatevers a given RP to make their own judgement over what is "too short of a reply" in a given RP.

Edited by NeoDarklight

• Administrators

Actually they probably don't presently give $R. I'll fix that later.

I'm not sure how I feel about a minimal content rule- not all replies, or RPs will require long posts.

Maybe it could be specified per thread?

Actually they probably don't presently give $R. I'll fix that later.

I'm not sure how I feel about a minimal content rule- not all replies, or RPs will require long posts.

Maybe it could be specified per thread?

^This. This is what usually happens for forum-based RPs. With exceptions for certain situations.

I understand leaving it to the author. I can agree with that, since if I ever made one I require a decent amount. Still, I think there should be zero circumstances when someone should post less than two sentence. Even if you describe the setting or scene in more detail for the sake of development would be fine. Also, normally one someone posts very short replies, a lazy chain reaction often happens. Then the quality of the rp plummets, to the point it may cause the entire rp to end. Maybe I just been rping too long, but I believe this is especially true in forum posts, where you have to wait sometimes hours for a reply, it isn't fun to see a two sentence reply after a long wait. I think anyone can post a fleshed out paragraph (4-7 sentences) at least. I guess this goes with the other members leaving off in a bad spot.

But yeah... If people don't mind short replies, I guess just leave it to the GM-OP, whatever you want to call it.

Edited by Wish

@Wish: Yeah, I've seen that happen before, too. Unfortunately, there are also situations where one character somehow gets some sort of dominance over a situation (usually only happens in conversations), severely limiting possible character actions, and that's usually what causes that sort of thing to happen. It's part of what killed the Muse Gate RP after 3 years of running. It's back up now, with a soft reboot setting the whole thing 3 years after the events that stalled it. If you would like, I can send you the link to the site in a PM, as I think you might be suited for it.