Mono-Steel, help with Shade

DraculOkeanos

I'm having a lot of trouble with Shade - specifically, his Rotom I just have nothing for.  My current team is Forretress, Empoleon, Onix, Todegemaru, Wormadam-T, and Klang.  I did not roll any usable Pokemon from the Mystery Egg, nor did I get Bronzong.  Is there any strategy that could work for him (it?) 

Edited by DraculOkeanos

I did a Mono-Steel not too long ago and I remember I also had trouble with Shade, but I don't fully remember what my winning strategy ended up being (although I can say I did get lucky with a Pawniard). Now that I think about it, if you can get the lights on then Klang's Gear Grind does double damage and Automatize gets a boost, so you can try sweeping with those. Shift Gear would get a boost too, but you won't learn it for a pretty long time so that's too bad.

13 minutes ago, Rendolf said:

I did a Mono-Steel not too long ago and I remember I also had trouble with Shade, but I don't fully remember what my winning strategy ended up being (although I can say I did get lucky with a Pawniard). Now that I think about it, if you can get the lights on then Klang's Gear Grind does double damage and Automatize gets a boost, so you can try sweeping with those. Shift Gear would get a boost too, but you won't learn it for a pretty long time so that's too bad.

I _can_ do that - Todegemaru has Discharge for that - but the trouble is that Rotom is still boosted on that field.  One thing I'm thinking is Sheer Force Mawile should put in some work, hopefully though it won't get 1shot tho...

I have Mawile and Pawniard do you want 'em?

I also have an Aegislash and a link stone and metal coat for your onix😉

Wait this isn't online play...shit

Edited by DelRad