Apologies if these are silly questions

RABB11

Hi! First off, if the maker(s) of Spork are reading this, thank you! This has to be my favourite Pokemon game I've played. The attention to detail, the commitment to the original feel of the games alongside some really cool new ideas is absolutely fantastic.

I started playing on PC some time ago but decided to switch to Android using Joiplay this week and starting a new save. It works fine, but I can't seem to access the debug menu anywhere. That wouldn't normally be an issue, but I went for Wimpod as my starter and when it evolved it didn't learn First Impression. I can obviously copy my save over to the PC version and fix it that way but in case this happens again I was wondering if you guys knew what was going on there?

Second (cheeky) question. Is there a rough estimate on when the Gen 8 reupload is coming? I dont have a Switch so I'd love to play with some Gen 8 Pokemon in Ceolis instead!

Right, second silly question. Trying top copy my save from my phone to my PC. The Spork folder on my phone has Game.rxdata, which I have read elsewhere is the save file, and Game.rxproj. On PC (which I have a fairly lengthy save on) all I can find is Game.rxproj. 

What am I copying over and where?

screenshot.png

I have not tried using Android since I do not have one. I've heard that Joiplay does let users play games from RPG Maker. But unfortunately I won't be of much help there. Even the user, Ice Cream Sand Witch (ICSW), isn't used to that feature.

Again, apologies for not being able to troubleshoot this specific case.

(For a second, I thought I got an email, but apparently not. This is the public club. 😄 )

• Global Mods

I'm really glad you're enjoying Spork! 

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with Joiplay as Vince&Sylveon said, so I wouldn't know how to troubleshoot issues on it. You might get a better answer by going directly to the developer(s) of the app. 

For Gen 8 Pokemon, they'll be added in the next reupload, which at earliest will probably be late this month. I did recently learn in the past few days that Palletite is currently IRL situation + semester starting soon, so it might be later as there are some sprites that will be updated next reupload along with the shiny Gothita line. 

I hope you're able to find a solution to the Joiplay issues, sorry I wasn't able to help.

For your second silly question:

With Joiplay, right, to play the save file (Game.rxdata) must be in the folder where the game is launched. On PC, it is stored in a different folder located elsewhere called "Saved Games". You can access this by going to your computer drive (C:) > Users > (Your user) > Saved Games:

BRPlaQJ.png

Within it should be a folder called "Pokemon Spork", which will have your previous Game.rxdata(PC). This is also where screenshots and errorlogs are stored. To play the save from your phone, either temporarily move the Game.rxdata(PC) that was there to a new folder or rename it (Game1). Only one Game.rxdata can be played at a time. Move/copy your Game.rxdata(Andriod) into the "Pokemon Spork" folder.

It seems like Pokemon Essentials Debug features aren't available in Joiplay at this time. But if you make changes from your PC then move the save back on your phone, that should work !

• Like 1