Trouble with Titania

DecShep

I'm struggling with her right now. I have a decent team that I can beat most of her team, I struggle to beat her Klefki or Aegislash. Scizor is a mixed bag.

Team: Infernape, Metagross, Escavalier, Scrafty, Empoleon and Absol

For her Sandslash, I start with Meta to use Brick Break on her Veil. I think Meta needs a few more levels because I only get it to red and still take an EQ. But still beat Sandslash easy.

Then she sends out Escadrill, I send out Escavalier (who holds Magic Seed) so first turn I use Swords Dance, while it uses Sandstorm, then I use Drill Run and beat it in one shot (since she uses Swords Dance). Then she sends out Empoleon, I keep my Esca in. She uses Scald which Esca can take once. Now here is where I need my luck. If her Scald doesn't burn, and Drill Run doesn't miss, its an easy kill. If I get burned or miss, Esca dies.

Here she is a bit random, she usually sends out Scizor. My first run I used my Iron Fist Infernape to use Fire Punch. She spammed Roost so I just kept punching until I won. Then she sent out Klefki. I always keep forgetting about fire moves becoming part dragon so it obviously fails, she finishes of Infernape.

Empoleon has HP ground but it doesn't do much after its calm mind spam plus healing. (So far Empoleon hasn't had much use, except for Scizor once when Infernape died when she didn't roost spam) Scrafty is kinda useful to intimidate scizor but thats it. I have Absol with focus sash+perish song to take care of aegislash. 

So, it seems like my best bet is to get a ground type. I caught Gliscor (my favorite pokemon <3) which I would EV train its Atk/Spd but I also caught an Escadrill, lvl 78 while the Gliscor is only 65. On top of that Esca has Earthquake while Gliscor can only have Bulldoze.

Which would you recommend or other ideas to use against her?

*Could I use an Aggron for her Klefki? I caught a shiny Lairon with Heavy Metal. I imagine a double weighted Aggron using a field boosted Heavy Slam would demolish a tiny Klefki.

Edited by DecShep

For Klefki, Aggron would work, but you can also consider a Bisharp: Dark typing makes it immune to Prankster and Steel makes it neutral to Fairy and gives it a STAB, field-boosted Slash that should easily take it down. You also get Low Kick via move tutor which should do excellent damage to her Fighting-weak mons. Could swap it for Absol since Sucker Punch absolutely demolishes Aegislash in Blade Form and her AI should notice you're an easy OHKO and just attack (if not just keep spamming Knock Off/Night Slash with Defiant to offset King's Shield).

Empoleon would be a bit more comfortable to take down with a strong Electric type like Mega Ampharos or Rotom-Wash, as they both resist Water and Steel, and the latter also resists Ice and takes only 20BP from Grass Knot (idk if it has that, haven't fought here in a while, but it's irrelevant regardless soooooo). Could replace your own Empoleon since it's not doing anything in this battle.

Other than that, seems like you have a strategy pretty well down. If you still can't win consider picking up a Swampert and sweeping with Curse + Leftovers, since Sandslash isn't the strongest attacker and you can constantly boost your Defense and offset the residual Hail damage (or remove it entirely with Rain Dance, since the only attack you need is Earthquake).

42 minutes ago, Seel The Deal said:

For Klefki, Aggron would work, but you can also consider a Bisharp: Dark typing makes it immune to Prankster and Steel makes it neutral to Fairy and gives it a STAB, field-boosted Slash that should easily take it down. You also get Low Kick via move tutor which should do excellent damage to her Fighting-weak mons. Could swap it for Absol since Sucker Punch absolutely demolishes Aegislash in Blade Form and her AI should notice you're an easy OHKO and just attack (if not just keep spamming Knock Off/Night Slash with Defiant to offset King's Shield).

Empoleon would be a bit more comfortable to take down with a strong Electric type like Mega Ampharos or Rotom-Wash, as they both resist Water and Steel, and the latter also resists Ice and takes only 20BP from Grass Knot (idk if it has that, haven't fought here in a while, but it's irrelevant regardless soooooo). Could replace your own Empoleon since it's not doing anything in this battle.

Other than that, seems like you have a strategy pretty well down. If you still can't win consider picking up a Swampert and sweeping with Curse + Leftovers, since Sandslash isn't the strongest attacker and you can constantly boost your Defense and offset the residual Hail damage (or remove it entirely with Rain Dance, since the only attack you need is Earthquake).

I have a strong Ampharos+mega stone but no ring. I bought all the pokemon from 7th street but not til post restoration. idk where arclight is. I'll try the sucker punch as well.

A jolly Excadrill can two shot Klefki with Earthquake. 
Charizard one shots Scizor with a Flame Plate boosted Flare Blitz. 

For Ageislash, I set up Grassy Terrain to remove her fire resistance (the Fairy Tale field changes fire moves to dragon) and put it to sleep with Vileplume holding a Magical Seed. Then I swapped into Charizard and one shot it with that same Flame Plate boosted Flare Blitz that took out Scizor. 

I did not Grassy Terrain with Scizor or any of the rest of her Pokemon as I wanted to save Vileplume and the magical seed provided free turn for Ageislash so I am not sure how the one shot was possible there. It would seem Scizor is broken. Or at least was in 18.2. 

Lucario one-shots Sandslash and Empoleon with Close Combat and Flygon and Excadrill with a Magical Seed can team up against her Excadrill (since Flygon can outspeed Excadrill but then the damn thing sets up Sandstorm and activates Sand Rush then proceeds to one-shot Flygon with a field boosted Smart Strike). 

58 minutes ago, DecShep said:

I have a strong Ampharos+mega stone but no ring. I bought all the pokemon from 7th street but not til post restoration. idk where arclight is. I'll try the sucker punch as well.

The Mega Z-ring side quest isn't available until after defeating Titania. You'll then find Arc in front of the mart vendor in the Grand Hall. 

Edited by Lucifer Morningstar

Its so funny how even little differences change everything. I finally beat her, literally all I did was level up Metagross from 74-81 (yeah I know it shouldnt have been that low in the first place, I'm a dumdum) and it one shot sandslash. then my regular plan followed through as normal but with my new aggron who took out klefki and perish song'd aegislash.

But thank you both for giving me your advice 🙂