Your Super Smash Bros Roster

Godot

Ok, we all distinguished who we want in a super smash bros game...

However, the usual topic normally centered towards who you wanted to see in smash 4... and I would shoot down your hopes and dreams...

Imagine if you were tasked with making your very own smash roster... who would you add?

Rule! No more than 50 characters in a roster!

What Godot thinks the smash 4 roster will actually look like...

Super Mario (5):

Mario

Luigi

Peach

Bowser

Yoshi

Donkey Kong (7):

DK

Diddy Kong

Legend of Zelda (10/11):

Link

Zelda/Impa

Gannon

Metroid (11/13):

Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Star Fox (13/15):

Fox

Wolf

Kirby (16/18):

Kirby

Metaknight

King Dedede

Pokemon (21/25):

Pikachu

Red (squirtle, ivysaur, Charizard)

Mewtwo

Lucario

Blaziken

Kid Icarus (23/27):

Pit

Platunea

F-Zero (24/28):

C. Falcon

Earthbound/Mother (26/30):

Ness

Lucas

Fire Emblem (28/32):

Chrom

Lucina

Classics (32/36):

Ice Climbers

Game & Watch

R.O.B.

Lil' Mac

Animal Crossing (33/37):

Villiger

Wii (35/39):

Wii Fit Trainer

Mii

Warioware (36/40):

Wario

Pikmin (37/41):

Olimar

3DS eShop(38/42):

Dillon

JRPG (40/44):

Matthew

Shulk

3rd Party (44/48):

Sonic

Megaman

Wonderful Red

Pac-Man

Godot's Fantasy Smash Roster

Super Mario (6/7):

Mario

Luigi

Bowser

Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

Yoshi

Geno

Donkey Kong (9/11):

DK

Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong

King K. Rool

Legend of Zelda (13/17):

Link

Zelda/Shiek

Gannondorf/Gannon

Skull Kid

Metroid (15/19):

Samus

Ridley

Star Fox (17/21):

Fox

Wolf

Kirby (20/24):

Kirby

Metaknight

King Dedede

Pokemon (24/30):

Pikachu

Red (squirtle/ivy/char)

Soul (cynda/bay/gatr)

May (Mudkip/grov/blaz)

Classics (28/34):

Pit

Lil' Mac

Game & Watch

C. Falcon

Fire Emblem (31/37):

Marth

Ike

Robin

Pikmin (32/38):

Olimar

Mother/Earthbound (35/42):

Ness

Lucas

Claus

Animal Crossing (37/44):

Villiger

Tom Nook

Wii (38/45):

Mii

JRPG (40/47):

Isaac

Shulk

Advanced Wars (41/48):

Andy

Custom Robo (42/49):

Ray MK III

3DS eShop (43/50):

Dillon

Hmmm, alright, let's do this, shall we?

Mario

Luigi

Peach

Bowser

Yoshi

Wario (Haters gonna hate, he's awesome if you know what you're doing...)

Link

Zelda

Ganandorf

Toon Link

Toon Zelda

Midna

Kirby

MetaKnight

King DeDeDe

Marx

Prince Fluff (Bitches love Prince Fluff...)

Pikachu

Pokemon Trainer (Maybe this time around he could have the Kanto starters at different stages? Like Bulbasaur, Charmeleon, and Blastoise.)

Mewtwo (His final smash could be Mega Mewtwo.)

Victini (JUST NOT JIGGLYPUFF DAMN IT!!!)

Ike

Marth

R.O.B

Game And Watch

Ness

Lucas

Samus

Donkey Kong

Diddy Kong

Fox

Wolf

Olimar (Just make him not suck this time around, kkthx Nintendo?)

Snake

Sonic

Crono

Phoenix Wright

Commander Shepard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would include more characters, but I can't think of many right now...

Did you not play smash with other people?

Olimar did not suck, he was actually one of the top tier characters and was considered the only legit counter to Metaknight

The top 5 brawl characters were...

5. Ice Climbers

4. Diddy Kong

3. Solid Snake

2. Olimar

1. Metaknight

Some other broken as fuck characters were Wario, Marth, Zero Suit Samus, and Falco.

Sure Oli wasn't easy to use... but once you had him down he was completly untouchable. And killed everyone and everything... no mercey

Edit: oh ya forgot Toon Link, that kid was op as all holy hell too

Kay, some of the characters I'd like to see, but probably won't:

Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)

Why he should be in: This is the most badass doll of all time. I mean, come on! Shooting stars out of his elbows?!? Also a fan favorite.

Why he probably won't be: he's a Square Enix brainchild, which already is grim-looking. If all Nintendo could get out of that game was one VGM for Fortune Street...

Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)

Why he should be in: Goroh has a pretty big role in F-Zero as one of the main 4. I feel like the game could use a more acrobatic and...off-kilter swordfighter.

Why he probably won't be: I don't know if there's a way to give him someone, without too much character depth, enough of a "kit" to make him worthwhile to play.

Slippy (Star Fox)

Why he should be in: he's about as iconic if not more so than Falco. There's a bunch of things that he could do, as a mechanic, that'd make him cool.

Why he probably won't be: while he'd be cool, he'd surely get annoying to play as and against after a while. If only he wasn't condemned to have that voice.

Banjo (Diddy Kong Racing / Banjo-Kazooie)

Why he should be in: Banjo is one of the unsung heroes of the Nintendo 64. A jack-of-all-trades adventurer, there's a ton of ways to fit him in.

Why he probably won't be: Banjo, like Conker, was a victim of the Nintendo-Rare split. Since his series was only prevalent in Nintendo for about ~5 years, my hopes aren't up.

Shiida (FE: Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light, FE: Awakening)

Why she should be in: a speedy lancefighter would bring something totally different to the table. Also a pretty well-established character in the series alongside her husband.

Why she probably won't be: Probably not well-known enough as she isn't the star of any game. Also Shiida herself is super dependent so it'd be weird for her to fight by herself.

I can't think of any legitimate others...

First of all I'm going to start with whom I think is absolutely going to be in the next game (including ones already announced):

SSB64 -

1. Mario
  2. Link
  3. Kirby
  4. DK
  5. Samus/Zero Suit
  6. Fox
  7. Pikachu
  8. Yoshi
  9. Luigi
  10. Captain Falcon
  11. Jigglypuff
  12. Ness

SSBM -

1. Zelda/Sheik
  2. Peach
  3. Mr. Game&Watch
  4. Ice Climbers
  5. Bowser

SSBB-

1. Diddy Kong
  2. King Dedede
  3. Olimar
  4. Pit
  5. ROB
  6. Sonic
  7. Wario
  8. Wolf

Recently announced-

1. Megaman
  2. Villager
  3. Wii Fit Trainer

Now with that out of a way, I'm going to make a list of characters I believe could be cut from the next game, a probability rate, and why I think this is the case (I aim to keep bias out of the reasoning) this list only includes characters that are currently in the most recent game:

Falco - (40% chance of making it back)

I don't think Falco really deserves to have a character slot for one simple reason, he's just too much like Fox. By removing Falco you can also make room for another Star Fox character that would have a completely different move set than both Fox and Wolf, and that character is Krystal.

Ganondorf - (65% chance of making it back)

I honestly see some doubt regarding Ganon as a smash character. He's not only a direct rip-off of Captain Falcon, he also deserves much better than this. Ganondorf is supposed to be a dark lord, and yet, all they could think of was giving him Captain Falcons move set? Really? If they really don't know how to give Ganon a proper moveset, it makes more sense to just boot him from the roster in favor of a different zelda character.

Ike - (10% chance of making it back)

This is extremely unlikely. There tends to be a trend that in each new game they replace the second Fire Emblem character with the most recent main protagonist. So as a result, Ike is likely going to be replaced by Chrom.

Lucario - (30% chance of making it back)

Lucario is another character I believe is going to get the boot for a couple reasons. First of all, it's highly speculated that Mewtwo will most likely return and replace Lucario. Then it has to be considered that Blaziken is recently up for discussion due to the fact that he gets the special treatment compared to all the starters. While I can't completely deny Lucario coming back, it's just that the competition for the character spot will likely get the best of him. Either Mewtwo or Blaziken will most likely replace Lucario. The only real glimmer of hope Lucario has is the fact that he gets a mega form just like Blaziken and Mewtwo.

Lucas - (40% chance of making it back)

Lucas is another character that is pretty much a complete copy of another character, in this case it's Ness. Unless they can give Lucas a move set that truly makes him different from Ness, I don't realistically see him coming back for the next game.

Marth - (90% chance of making it back)

While it's very likely Marth will return for the 4th game, it also has to be considered that there's always the possibility Marth can be replaced by another Fire Emblem character, just like Roy was and how Ike most likely will be.

Meta Knight - (75% chance of making it back)

Meta Knight seems pretty self explanatory. While he was a popular character, he also caused a crap load of issues in competitive matches, was extremely overpowered, and was ultimately banned for the most part in competitive play. Unless they give Meta Knight a reasonable nerf, they may consider scrapping him completely for a different Kirby character.

Pokemon Trainer - (75% chance of making it back)

I don't necessarily believe the concept of the character is going away, I believe the one specifically from Brawl is going to get replaced by an updated trainer.

Snake - (5% chance of making it back)

It's pretty clear that Snake was pretty much a one game deal. Not only did he not fit in the environment of the game, he only got into the game due to begging. There are likely plans of a better 3rd party character that will ultimately replace him. Not to mention Metal Gear is hardly related to Nintendo now a days like it was in the old days. Snake making a return is extremely unlikely as a result.

Toon Link - (10% chance of making it back)

There really doesn't need to be another Link. The gimmick was cool the first time around, and it makes sense that if they brought it back in Brawl that it would have to be Toon Link instead. However, it doesn't change the fact that you're putting Link in a new outfit, quite literally. The idea of a second Link could be scrapped entirely in favor of a different and unique Zelda character, which I'm sure there's plans for. So there for it's hard to see this gimmick making a return.

Finally I'll make a list of characters I believe have a high enough chance that's realistic to make it into the game (this includes returning characters from previous smash bros games) the rule is that each character must of been in a Nintendo game at some point. To save space, I'm not going to give a reason for each character like I did previously:

1. Bowser Jr.
  2. Ghirahim
  3. Mewtwo
  4. Chrom
  5. Ridley (Metroid other M version)
  6. King K. Rool
  7. Dixie Kong
  8. Shulk
  9. Avatar or Lissa (Fire Emblem Awakening)
  10. Prince Fluff or Knuckle Joe (Kirby Series)
  11. Blaziken
  12. Black Shadow or Samurai Goroh (F Zero series)
  13. Tom Nook
  14. Knuckles, and/or Tails, or Shadow (with the assumption that Sega is practically first party to Nintendo)
  15. Magnus and/or Palutena
  16. Medusa (assuming only Magnus or Palutena gets chosen)
  17. Paula, or Jeff, or Poo [Derp] (Earthbound, Jeff is most likely due to his uniqueness)
  18. Pokey (assuming one of the three options above aren't chosen)
  19. Krystal
  20. Little Mac
  21. Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame-jo)
  22. Dillion (Dillion's Rolling Western)
  23. Llyod Irving or Pacman (Namco rep, hopefully Llyod because he would be a better fighter/character)
Edited by Neutral

Rather than change lucas I would think changing ness makes more sense... the idea behind why ness isn't like how he actually is in his original game is because he was designed to fight like a mix between paula, Poo and of course himself. As for a 3rd mother character, a lot of people wanna see Claus, Lucas's twin Brother.... essentially think of lucas with a sword

I don't think red's pokemon are getting changed around... due to how pokemon is standing right now

Lastly oh hey look someone brought up Takamaru, a lot of people on smashboards seem to be bringing him up recently, haven't they

People are bringing up Takamaru due to a rumor going around that actually makes a lot of sense. It's claimed that for the 4th game Sakurai wanted two things. He wanted A, the game to introduce more retro characters, and that B, he wanted to have characters that would represent the east and west. Those characters would end up being Little Mac and Takamaru respectively.

Did you not play smash with other people?

Olimar did not suck, he was actually one of the top tier characters and was considered the only legit counter to Metaknight

Sure Oli wasn't easy to use... but once you had him down he was completly untouchable. And killed everyone and everything... no mercey

You have a great sense of humor.

• Administrators

m0sr.png

6Msptva.png

Yeah he's pretty funny isn't he?

Now let's stay on topic- this isn't a character debate or a prediction thread, it's "if you could make the roster who would you put in"

• 2 weeks later...

The SSBB roster was good, but some of them were just totally unnecessary...like Bowser, or maybe Ganon. and there were basically 3 Foxes with different colors. So keep all the rest and put in Doctor Mario, Mewtwo, Octillery, Ampharos, Isaac from golden sun, Alex from golden sun, Jeff from Earthbound, Gallade, and especially Raiden from Metal Gear Rising. That Sword. Yes.

my roster

Mewtwo

Lucario

Genesect (replace Rob, fights similarly)

Pokemon trainer- with different starter trios for each gen.

Pikachu

Ness- preferably with some revamped moves, or at least reduce the execution time. so. slow.

Lucas- this guy is pretty boss and has a much faster play style than ness with a lot of excellent moves.

Isaac/Mathew

Ike

Ephraim

Lyn

Hector

Ganondorf

Link

Zelda

Mario

Luigi

Bowser

Cpt Olimar

To be continued when I'm not about to fall asleep.

Raiden was in Playstation Allstars (aka playstation smash bros), and the Metal Gear Franchise is more aligned with sony and Microsoft... but ok

i agree but solid snake was already in SSBB so adding another character from that franchise is by no means Farfetch'd

• 2 weeks later...

my roster

Mewtwo

Lucario

Genesect (replace Rob, fights similarly)

Pokemon trainer- with different starter trios for each gen.

Pikachu

Ness- preferably with some revamped moves, or at least reduce the execution time. so. slow.

Lucas- this guy is pretty boss and has a much faster play style than ness with a lot of excellent moves.

Isaac/Mathew

Ike

Ephraim

Lyn

Hector

Ganondorf

Link

Zelda

Mario

Luigi

Bowser

Cpt Olimar

To be continued when I'm not about to fall asleep.

Haha, it won't happen, but I could totally see a tanky, powerful masterchief that would feel a lot like playing snake. Me and Godot have disagreements on what the moveset would be.

Isaac and Felix- Probably mostly play the same, but would simply use different psynergy/djinn for special attacks. Not sure if Meggido or Judgement as final smashes.

Golden_Sun___Venus_by_Chizuri.jpg

Jenna and Garet- Garet would be a bruiser hand to hand fighter or else use an axe weapon. Jenna would use a staff and tend to attack from a distance with fire attacks.

GaretPromo.jpgGSJenna.jpg

Megaman.exe- Life Sword or Giga Cannon advances as Final Smash. Down B changes style/element and affects charged buster shot effect. Step sword attack, guts punch smash attack, etc.

MasterStyle.png