Lost to Scarlett

ThyMajicConch

So I am currently stuck on the Scarlett battle in Blackview, the battle itself is hard as hell for me but not the problem. Each time I lose, a cutscene of Shiv fighting Nova plays and at the end of said cutscene, it just becomes a black screen, It still lets me open the menu but nothing else. Any ideas what to do now?

• Developers

This is a glitch that has been addressed for the next upcoming update. For now, make sure you don't save if you lose to Scarlett.

37 minutes ago, Caz said:

This is a glitch that has been addressed for the next upcoming update. For now, make sure you don't save if you lose to Scarlett.

Thank you, Caz! Thankfully I was smart enough to not save after, I look forward to the update!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caz said:

Even so, it would be too hard to beat Scarlett with a less than 3 or 4 pokemon. He should have prepared before the cutscene about being captured and sent to jail.

Edited by RoyChaos

8 hours ago, RoyChaos said:

Even so, it would be too hard to beat Scarlett with a less than 3 or 4 pokemon. He should have prepared before the cutscene about being captured and sent to jail.

I was pretty prepared (at least I thought I was). I went in thinking that the fight would be the same as the old version so the Lucario and mega Cincinno definitely caught me off guard. I have no problems with losing since I got Scarlett’s bow which should be enough to keep her from dying right? Assuming it is, all I have to do is wait for that bug to get fixed so I can move on

22 hours ago, Caz said:

Also if you had a take a guess, when do you think the update/patch will come out? Just wondering

• Developers

Not for a while yet. Are you completely unable to win with your current team? Do you not have access to a PC? Even after the patch, losing will only send you back - it’s not like there’s a story related reason why you should intentionally lose.

1 hour ago, Caz said:

Not for a while yet. Are you completely unable to win with your current team? Do you not have access to a PC? Even after the patch, losing will only send you back - it’s not like there’s a story related reason why you should intentionally lose.

Afraid I can’t. I get absolutely wiped by the time I reach her Cincinno because her Lucario just crushes everything after getting its attack up. I don’t remember seeing a PC when the gang war starts. I saved in the room before you go to the roof to fight Scarlett.

Alright, what's your advice from there? I can try to put a team together to beat her somehow. Thankfully I somewhat remember how to go back to an old save, just gotta figure out which one

Hmmm....ok, well I have something for you. High speed high atk./spatk. Pokemon help you here. Ex.: Blaziken, Roserade. Also some steel types can do good on her mega. Make sure you have weather on your side to make it easy, or screens/entry hazards (toxic spikes) if you're using tanky mons. A fighting or fire type on lucario coz they have good moves on lucario even without TMs. This is at the top of my head. 

8 hours ago, BRS swag said:

Hmmm....ok, well I have something for you. High speed high atk./spatk. Pokemon help you here. Ex.: Blaziken, Roserade. Also some steel types can do good on her mega. Make sure you have weather on your side to make it easy, or screens/entry hazards (toxic spikes) if you're using tanky mons. A fighting or fire type on lucario coz they have good moves on lucario even without TMs. This is at the top of my head. 

Hmm good plan. My Magmar usually is able to do some serious damage to her Lucario and my Ambipom is pretty damn fast, not enough to outspeed her mega but still fast 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...