MKXP Port for Rejuvenation v12.2

DemICE

"But Dem, why did you waste half of your Sunday on something that will most definitely be a thing in v13?"

Because i lost a bet.  
Well at least this means y'all get to enjoy lag-free v12  a few months earlier than expected 😎

This also comes with the recent hotfix for Strength.

It also comes with 2 little extra Quality of Life features i thought people would appreciate:

-An option to change the controls  (like in Reborn)

-During battle,  when you swap pokemon,  the selected fight option will automatically jump back to [FIGHT].  The lack of this was kinda annoying for me because i play on Set mode, so i do hard-switches a lot, and i end up just pressing the Pokemon option again by mistake.

Things to keep in mind:

-If you use any font other than Emerald, you will have to switch to that, because thats the only one MKXP supports, otherwise you will basically play with no fonts.  (those familiar with Reborn MKXP should know this already)

FIXED:   -Small visual non gamebreaking issue that is gonna get fixed little by little: some sprites that have been saved in Indexed format, appear distorted.  They will be eventually changed to RBG format.

Download HERE!

If you already have this downloaded, and just want to fix the distorted graphics, download just this and put it into the graphics folder:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/8pjgfyaa3ey8p9r/Graphics.zip/file

• Like 7

I fixed the instances of distorted graphics (hopefully) 
I updated the full download,  and i also added the fixed graphics separately, for those who don't need to do a full redownload.

19 hours ago, Gino_8 said:

Can this run on Mac?

thats a very good question.  i used  the reborn mkxp as a base for the port,  and that one comes in 3 versions,  windows, linux and apple.  i used the windows version since the friend that won the bet (and me) had windows,  so while i can say that it surely runs on windows,  i cannot be sure to tell you if it will or won't run for Mac.  maybe it will with some issues, or not at all.

However this does sound like an incentive to see how easy it is to make MKXP ports for  linux and  Mac too.

Just to add to the Mac conversation: The game-z.exe does not run on Mac at all, but the game.exe still does with CrossOver (or Wine if you're running an OS from pre-Catalina).

But it's not a proper native Mac port like those that Reborn and Desolation have.

• 4 weeks later...

@DemICE Out of curiosity, what changes did you make (other than mentioned above)? I know Reborn had a bunch of annoying alignment stuff, and then there's some Essentials-specific changes (https://roza-gb.gitbook.io/mkxp-z/troubleshooting/essentials).

For Mac: Honestly, I expect that taking Reborn's AppImage and replacing the stuff in (just) the Resources folder should work. At least as well as Reborn, anyways.

1 hour ago, Aeodyn said:

@DemICE Out of curiosity, what changes did you make (other than mentioned above)? I know Reborn had a bunch of annoying alignment stuff, and then there's some Essentials-specific changes (https://roza-gb.gitbook.io/mkxp-z/troubleshooting/essentials).

For Mac: Honestly, I expect that taking Reborn's AppImage and replacing the stuff in (just) the Resources folder should work. At least as well as Reborn, anyways.

I didn't really do any other changes. If I did, i would have written them there.  I didn't want to spend too much time on this because  Rejuv is expected to have its own official MKXP version, coming v13,  with probably more improvements than i would hope to include.

If i have time before i leave for vacation,  i might look into the Apple thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if a Mac port has been explored any further? Just tried to replace the stuff in the resources folder and probably did it wrong.

Thanks for doing this in the first place! It is super appreciated. 

Edit: I did just now read Jan's dev post and am so glad V13 is officially getting something for Mac 🙂