Stuck in the ruins where you fight Groundon.

NoctBun

For some reason I absolutely cannot find the exit anywhere, at most I can find the entrance to the gym but nothing is prompting me to be able to get past the sea of magma ( as I don't have Magma Drift; just got the Magma Stone ), and Escape Ropes don't appear to be working no matter what level of the dungeon I'm at. I'm at a lost.

8 hours ago, NoctBun said:

which ones? I'm not seeing any that's prompting an interaction. 

Oh maybe you havent activated it yet. How does the cave look like? Could you send a screenshot?
I'll just explain everything up to you getting Magmadrift, which is very soon after arriving in the volcano. Since this might be spoilers if you havent progressed that far yet, I'll hide it so you can decide if you just want a hint, or if you're ok with seeing the whole solution:

Spoiler

On the upper floor, in the big room where you meet the NPC who gives you the Emotion powder. There is a small blue crystal you have to interact with, then by surfing you will be able to reach another room with a big red crystal, after activating that one there will be big stone pillars in the previous room on the upper floor. Hit them with Rock smash to create a path over the magma, then in the next room you should get Magma drift after a cutscene.