The Mysterious Case of Budew Eggs

Commander

So I discovered something rather humorous happened when I was trading for the Budew...it came out as an egg.

image.png.3a865d82dee6b8c23c1cbcd593693322.png

A very mysterious egg.

Budew is not supposed to be an egg. In fact, nobody so far has experienced this scenario so it'd be easy to believe I screwed up my game. I tinkered a little bit and...lo and behold I was able to get a normal budew and working backwards I found something crazy to be the culprit. Something in a million years you'd never guess could cause this...a Pokesnax.

Most people probably won't experience this glitch as Pokesnax aren't obtainable under normal circumstances. I don't even remember how I got one. My only guess is that I picked one up using Pickup as it is still an obtainable item from the pickup list which...was what my Zigzagoon was doing.

This doesn't really break the game but if you are experiencing anything weird, I'd check your bag for a Pokesnax and remove it since it's linked to a lot of placeholder code. I'll try looking more into where that Pokesnax came from in the meantime.

• Upvote 1

• Veterans
On 7/2/2020 at 3:10 PM, Commander said:

So I discovered something rather humorous happened when I was trading for the Budew...it came out as an egg.

image.png.3a865d82dee6b8c23c1cbcd593693322.png

A very mysterious egg.

Budew is not supposed to be an egg. In fact, nobody so far has experienced this scenario so it'd be easy to believe I screwed up my game. I tinkered a little bit and...lo and behold I was able to get a normal budew and working backwards I found something crazy to be the culprit. Something in a million years you'd never guess could cause this...a Pokesnax.

Most people probably won't experience this glitch as Pokesnax aren't obtainable under normal circumstances. I don't even remember how I got one. My only guess is that I picked one up using Pickup as it is still an obtainable item from the pickup list which...was what my Zigzagoon was doing.

This doesn't really break the game but if you are experiencing anything weird, I'd check your bag for a Pokesnax and remove it since it's linked to a lot of placeholder code. I'll try looking more into where that Pokesnax came from in the meantime.

you did this

like i'm seriously genuinely just

you fucked with the code.

you turned your budew into an egg.

you were fucking obnoxious to the devs about it.

but you fucking did this.

now i know what you're thinking

"cass its switch 999 pls believe me i can game dev"

and here's the thing

that switch doesn't exist in desolation

you put the switch in

you triggered it

and then when you solved the problem you made you patted yourself on the back for it (re: this thread)

stop wasting everyone's time.

edit: hi so it looks like i should add some clarification here because this is now cycling around the internet.

if you add pokesnax into your bag and then trade for budew in desolation, you will not see commander's issue.

the switch exists in the code, but because it is not implemented into rmxp, changing the switch does nothing.

by modding the game, commander caused the bug he reported by making the switch exist.

i had told him this in advance, and despite that he posted here.

this was not the first time he had bothered the devs for a bug that was caused by him, hence the harshness.

• Hmm 2
  • Upvote 1

• Developers

I have removed Pokesnax from the Pickup table for the next patch. Unfortunately I'm still a bit rusty on actual Pokemon content itself (like Pickup even being a thing), so having Pokesnax still obtainable was an oversight.

• Upvote 1