Pokemon Reborn Engine?

dani0702

6 hours ago, dani0702 said:

What is the engine Pokemon Reborn uses, It is not pokemon essentials, I don't think? Pokemon desolation said that they used the same engine as reborn. If anyone knows that would be cool

RPGMaker XP ->
Pokemon Essentials
-->Added with their own coding 

• Supporter

Pokemon essentials is actually not an engine.

From the Essentials wiki: Pokémon Essentials is a pre-fanmade RPG Maker XP game project that is designed to be edited to create a role-playing game with the game mechanics of the main series Pokémon games.

So Essentials more-so refers to an already made pokemon game with a lot of assets, which serves as a starting point for making your own fangame.

Back to the engine part though. Normally RPG Maker XP games use the engine that comes with said RPG Maker XP. This engine is from 2004 or so though, and really not optimized.

So it's generally really slow. A few months ago someone made a new engine which is way more up to date and faster, called MKXP. from:https://github.com/night-burst/mkxp-z

This is the new engine that reborn (and now desolation as well) uses.

• 3 years later...
On 7/2/2020 at 7:22 AM, Toothpastefairy said:

Pokemon essentials is actually not an engine.

From the Essentials wiki: Pokémon Essentials is a pre-fanmade RPG Maker XP game project that is designed to be edited to create a role-playing game with the game mechanics of the main series Pokémon games.

So Essentials more-so refers to an already made pokemon game with a lot of assets, which serves as a starting point for making your own fangame.

Back to the engine part though. Normally RPG Maker XP games use the engine that comes with said RPG Maker XP. This engine is from 2004 or so though, and really not optimized.

So it's generally really slow. A few months ago someone made a new engine which is way more up to date and faster, called MKXP. from:https://github.com/night-burst/mkxp-z

This is the new engine that reborn (and now desolation as well) uses.

It's good to have informations like this. Really love Reborn, rejuv and deso. I was planning on having some fun using RPG Maker XP+ Essentials by myself just for fun, so those informations are really useful (I might not use MKXP right now though, since I am beginning my first experiences with rpg maker, but will consider that on the future)