Help with IV breeding?

Ghostofskuld

Okay, I’m really stubborn to get a Gible with perfect IVs in HP, Atk, Def, Sp. Def, and Spd because I really like Garchomp. I wanna know, am I just unlucky or is it just impossible for parents to breed a baby with an IV stat higher than theirs? For example, Is it possible for the two Gibles below, who both have 30 ivs in def, to breed a baby that has 31 ivs in def?
unknown.pngunknown.png

Edited by Ghostofskuld

• Global Mods

When breeding, it'll pick 5 random stats (since you have a parent holding destiny knot, otherwise it's 3), and for those stats, it'll randomly take the IV of one parent. For the remaining stats, the IV will be totally random.  

So in your current setup, There's a 5/6 chance it takes the sp.def IV of a parent (which from both would be 30) and then the other 1/6 times, it'll be random, and so have a 1/32 chance of being 31.

you should also use a power item to guarantee a specific stat of the parent holding it to be inherited, it will make it easier to get perfect IVs. Since you can change the nature in 7th street there's no need to use an Everstone on one parent

You might also want to chain breed all 31's you want first on a single pokemon using the strat Edo mentioned (Power items and Destiny Knot), so it's easier for you to breed other pokemons in the future without relying on the 1/32 chance of getting the desired 31 random stat. Just catch a bunch of pokemons that belong to the dragon (our other groups if you feel like it) group and start the chain. Once you get your first 5~6 x 31 IVs males, things will get a lot easier.