• Yes
    • No but I do play Rejuvenation
    • No, I don't play Rejuvenation
  2. 2. How well does the music loop?

• Seamlessly
    • Decently
    • Poorly
    • I don't plan on using this mod/ Can't judge

Have you ever found yourself in the midst of an epic clash between good and evil atop an active vulcano, accompanied by an epic orchestral piece of music, only for the music to suddenly fade out, followed by a short silence and finally the music restarting back at the intro?
Have you ever found yourself fighting the Angel of Death herself, encouraged by the upbeat music to finally bring justice to the world, only for the music to suddenly -

Ok, you get the idea. Well, I am here to offer you the solution to your problems! Introducing the gaming industries latest invention...

Pokémon Rejuvenation - Looping Battle Music Mod

Alright, so after the maybe just a little bit over the top introduction, let's get into what this is, how it works, etc. As the name already implies, this mod makes the music in Pokémon Rejuvenation loop - but of course not the same way it already does, rather this mod aims to make the music loop seamlessly like it does in most video games.

The current version has properly looping music for all battle themes and there are currently no plans to update this mod with other music from the game.

That being said, I think that the battle themes are the most important since you hear them a lot and there's a good chance they will reach the looping point while playing.

It is also noteworthy that the looping music files are significantly smaller (~60% the size of the .mp3 files) in file size, thanks to the fact that a lot of the original music loops once or twice on the file itself so that it doesn't anticlimacticly restart after just 90 seconds.

Unfortunately though, the metadata (title, artists, etc.), while still there, isn't visible anymore. Also getting the Evil Gym music to loop properly was a nightmare...

How to install

In order to install the mod, you need to extract the mod's .zip folder (which you can download by clicking here) into your Pokémon Rejuvenation directory. It will need to replace your Scripts.rxdata, metadata.dat, and trainertypes.dat files (note that this should usually be compatible with any other mods that don't change any of these three files).

It is possible that your browser will warn you about the download, due to it containing .dll files. If you don't believe me that the files are harmless, feel free to confirm for yourself by checking them via virustotal.

Go to \Audio\BGM and remove all .mp3 files that now have a .ogg file with the same name from the folder (whether you put them somewhere else or delete them is up to you).

This forces the game to use the new .ogg music files in situations where the music isn't controlled by the metadata.dat or trainertypes.dat file, even if it tries to access a .mp3 file (which to my surprise actually works).

Credits

This mod wouldn't have been possible without the Essentials script "RGSS FmodEx Extension" by 塗 ゆり. You can learn more about it on the script's Pokécommunity thread. All I changed on the script itself were really minor edits to fix compatibility issues the plugin had with Rejuvenation.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...