Prehistoric Team

SadMoney

Hey guys, I am doing a new playthrough and am planning a prehistoric theme for my team.

I decided to use any pokemon that can learn ancient power through level up or breeding.

What other pokemon could fit this team?

Please give any suggestions and explain how they fit the prehistoric theme.

Thanks guys

I think you need to use some pokemons that can be obtainable from fossils, like Kabuto, Omanyte, etc. They fit the prehistoric theme perfectly, and they can learn Ancient Power by level up.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Silver Boy said:

I think you neet to use some pokemons that can be obtainable from fossils, like Kabuto, Omanyte, etc. They fit the prehistoric theme perfectly, and they can learn Ancient Power by level up.

Yep, I'm planning to use them. All fossils learn ancient power so they would be eligible for my team. 

I was thinking of any pokemon that fit the prehistoric theme that dont learn ancient power

1 hour ago, SadMoney said:

Yep, I'm planning to use them. All fossils learn ancient power so they would be eligible for my team. 

I was thinking of any pokemon that fit the prehistoric theme that dont learn ancient power

Then use some dragon type Pokemon, like Druddigon or Dragagle. They resemble ancient creatures, so they fit prehistoric theme. 

• Upvote 1

Well, not all pokemon which learn that move have a prehistoric look. Take Togekiss for example. So if you want the theme to make sense you might wanna make some exceptions as to which pokemon are okay.

I once did this exact theme run when playing Pokemon Gaia and allowed everything that looked like from ancient times. So dinosaurs/dragons as well as pokemon from ruins, like Sygilyph.

Just now, Edo said:

Well, not all pokemon which learn that move have a prehistoric look. Take Togekiss for example. So if you want the theme to make sense you might wanna make some exceptions as to which pokemon are okay.

I once did this exact theme run when playing Pokemon Gaia and allowed everything that looked like from ancient times. So dinosaurs/dragons as well as pokemon from ruins, like Sygilyph.

You're absolutely right. 

What pokemon did you use on your run?

11 minutes ago, SadMoney said:

You're absolutely right. 

What pokemon did you use on your run?

Don't remember all anymore, but my starter was Infernape (since it's based on an ancient story), Sigilyph and Golurk (from ruins), Crustle (this one's a little farfetched, but the idea was that the sediment layers from its shell look like the sediments from different eras) and Carracosta as fossil mon, forgot the sixth one. I remember pondering to choose Venusaur since it's partly based on a dinosaur or Tangrowth since it's an Ancient Power evo. And I might've had Xatu for a while before I replaced it with Sigilyph.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Edo said:

Don't remember all anymore, but my starter was Infernape (since it's based on an ancient story), Sigilyph and Golurk (from ruins), Crustle (this one's a little farfetched, but the idea was that the sediment layers from its shell look like the sediments from different eras) and Carracosta as fossil mon, forgot the sixth one. I remember pondering to choose Venusaur since it's partly based on a dinosaur or Tangrowth since it's an Ancient Power evo. And I might've had Xatu for a while before I replaced it with Sigilyph.

Cool, let me know if you have any other ideas on what you would like to see on a prehistoric team

16 hours ago, SadMoney said:

Cool, let me know if you have any other ideas on what you would like to see on a prehistoric team

1 hour ago, Siv said:

Mamoswine is a viable addition.

Ancient power evos are a good idea. Yanmega also seems to be based on a prehistoric dragonfly so it fits pretty well too.

• Like 1

Apart from ancient power users and what everyone else said: Venusaur, Blastoise, Nidoqueen/king, Victreebell, Gyarados,  Gliscor, Donphan, Sceptile, Slaking, Exployd, Torterra, Drapion, Abomasnow, Hippowdon, Scolipede, Krookodile, Galvantula, Volcarona, Chesnaught, Avalugg, Golisopod.
If genVIII is included in E19 also consider Rilaboom, Drednaw, Centiscorch, Duraludon, Dragapult
When it becomes available, Genesect would be a choice too.

EDIT: Golem, Steelix, and Rhyperior used to be able to learn Ancient Power via move tutor in hg/ss, In my book they also fit the bill for a prehistoric team.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ichiru said:

Apart from ancient power users and what everyone else said: Venusaur, Blastoise, Nidoqueen/king, Victreebell, Gyarados,  Gliscor, Donphan, Sceptile, Slaking, Exployd, Torterra, Drapion, Abomasnow, Hippowdon, Scolipede, Krookodile, Galvantula, Volcarona, Chesnaught, Avalugg, Golisopod.
If genVIII is included in E19 also consider Rilaboom, Drednaw, Centiscorch, Duraludon, Dragapult
When it becomes available, Genesect would be a choice too.

EDIT: Golem, Steelix, and Rhyperior used to be able to learn Ancient Power via move tutor in hg/ss, In my book they also fit the bill for a prehistoric team.

That's a lot of good pokemon there.

Unfortunately gen8 will not be included. Would have loved to use the fossil pokemon like dracozolt