Lag with new laptop

Kwstas

So today I got a new laptop and while it has better specs than my desktop, Rejuvenation seems to lag especially when there is some speech going on. Does anyone know why or what I can do?? I only remember it has an Intel i5

Thanks

From what I know, it's normal for this fanmade games to lag a bit, even in the best computers. I'm not an expert about programming, but I think it has something to do with the rendering of the game.

I know that desincreasing de number of backups the game makes is a way to reduce the lag. Also, try to close any other app that's open in your PC. That's usually what I do, and it works most of the times (and my computer is a bit old so xD).

The lag also may get better at certain spots (for example inside buildings, where the map is smaller, and there's less stuff happening).

I hope I could help you! You could also search for some post about this topic here in the forum, because I'm sure I have already seen one post about how to decrease thr lag of the game (I tried to find it, but I couldn't).

15 minutes ago, PokefanPT said:

From what I know, it's normal for this fanmade games to lag a bit, even in the best computers. I'm not an expert about programming, but I think it has something to do with the rendering of the game.

I know that desincreasing de number of backups the game makes is a way to reduce the lag. Also, try to close any other app that's open in your PC. That's usually what I do, and it works most of the times (and my computer is a bit old so xD).

The lag also may get better at certain spots (for example inside buildings, where the map is smaller, and there's less stuff happening).

I hope I could help you! You could also search for some post about this topic here in the forum, because I'm sure I have already seen one post about how to decrease thr lag of the game (I tried to find it, but I couldn't).

Yeah thanks! I tried playing it on medium screen size but I can't play on small tho haha. I just find it odd tho because I don't have any lag problems with my desktop pc and it's more than 10 years old. The game runs pretty smoothly when I'm moving my player etc. It seems to get a little laggy when I interact with a NPC or something

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kwstas said:

Yeah thanks! I tried playing it on medium screen size but I can't play on small tho haha. I just find it odd tho because I don't have any lag problems with my desktop pc and it's more than 10 years old. The game runs pretty smoothly when I'm moving my player etc. It seems to get a little laggy when I interact with a NPC or something

Yes, I also find it odd when I have lag in some places in the game, but then the game runs smoothly in zones that are really big.

Your case is stranger though, since you could play smoothly in your old computer. Well, I really don't know why that happens xD. I'm glad I could help!

• Veterans
5 hours ago, Kwstas said:

ok: hi, professional here. 

first of all, i'd expect medium screen size to run best, due to really stupid internal code related reasons.

lemme see a pic of your cpu load. while rejuv is running, pop open task manager (hold: ctrl +shift + esc) and show me something like:

image.png

i mainly want to see the CPU you have, what its utilization is, and what its speed is.

Hello. Do you perhaps not have your pc plugged in while you play? Such is the case of gaming laptops or any laptops in general, it won’t be able to run at full performance if it’s only running on battery. Try playing while charging.

5 hours ago, andracass said:

ok: hi, professional here. 

first of all, i'd expect medium screen size to run best, due to really stupid internal code related reasons.

lemme see a pic of your cpu load. while rejuv is running, pop open task manager (hold: ctrl +shift + esc) and show me something like:

image.png

i mainly want to see the CPU you have, what its utilization is, and what its speed is.

heyy thanks for posting. Here it is.
NySsUB8.png

• Veterans
4 hours ago, Kwstas said:

heyy thanks for posting. Here it is.
NySsUB8.png

ooooooooh dear.

so while that is technically an i5, it is still a very old one.

the lack of RAM is probably not doing your system performance any favors either, but even with some upgrades I don't think i'd expect a whole lot of additional performance from the game 😕

26 minutes ago, andracass said:

ooooooooh dear.

so while that is technically an i5, it is still a very old one.

the lack of RAM is probably not doing your system performance any favors either, but even with some upgrades I don't think i'd expect a whole lot of additional performance from the game 😕

Awwww well that sucks 😞 but anyway thanks for your time