Question about version 18.2

netbean

Hello guys,

After a long time without playing reborn, i thought its time to give it a go 🙂

I got few questions and i hope you can answer me:

1 - From what i see episode 18.2 is based on generation VII: but regarding the learnsets of pokemons, on which is reborn based : pokemon lets go: pikachu/eevee or sun/moon/ultra sun/ultra moon? Checking bulbapedia ( example https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Arbok_(Pokémon)#Learnset ) arbok does not have same learnset on one or the other

2 - There are some pokemons that have different learnset and other changes on generation VI or even the latest VIII, can  you confirm me that every pokemon is based on generation VII for everything?

3 - I wanted to change some controls to adapt the best for me, but i see some strange things like the ones in the photos. Why the control "Action" appears 4 times, "Cancel/Menu" 2 times and "Registered" 2 times? Is that a bug? If not can u give me an explanation of that each entry means?

image.thumb.png.8f22b7b1c075fc354724b64eeb71f73d.png

Thanks for your answers 🙂

Thanks!

1-2- I am not 100% sure but I think that all the learnsets (and Move Tutors) are from US/UM. 

3- I would say it is because each of these keys lets you do the given action (for instance, “Cancel/Menu” can be done with either Esc or X). 

Edited by Mindlack

Hello, allow me to answer all of those questions for you.

Pokémon Reborn as of Episode 18.2 is based on Pokémon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon both in terms of every Pokémon's overall stats, abilities exp needed for level up, egg groups...(well, you get it...), as well as in terms of their moves that they will be able to learn through level up, TM/HM, move tutor or breeding. However, there are no plans to include any Gen 8 stuff into Reborn, so even though the final Episode 19 is still in the making, it will NOT include any Gen 8 stuff. If at all there might be some changes to existing items, like the Gen 8 change of how vitamins work.

The multiple keys for the same action is indeed what it looks like: You may set a second or third key to do the same thing. Just think of it as being able to press either Enter or Space to "press the A Button" Of course you can set those to any keys that you feel like it fits you best. But remember that Reborn has no controller support without the use of external third party software, so you are limited to the use of your keyboard.

Wow,

thnx a lot to everyone for these answers, everything is clearer now, and it can help me prepare in advance the team that i could want in the long term 🙂

I also saw that in the forums there is a category for mods. I took the SWM modpack and kept some QoL ones from the modpack.

PS: Do you know if there is any ep18+ walkthrough of the game in the forums? (i think i saw one but was for ep16 or ep17). Or if there isnt i could use this one i saw up to the content of ep18 because ep18 doesnt change anything retroactively so everything before is still the same as in the walkthrough?

Thnx again!