Misdreavus

JABZYMADMAN

I am currently doing an intense mode run in pokemon rejuvenation. i am going to battle the 4th gym (the ghost gym) and i am looking for Misdreavus, to make it easier, but i cant find it, i thought it was in the graveyard area  in goldenleaf town at night, but i cant seem to find it. 

14 minutes ago, JABZYMADMAN said:

I am currently doing an intense mode run in pokemon rejuvenation. i am going to battle the 4th gym (the ghost gym) and i am looking for Misdreavus, to make it easier, but i cant find it, i thought it was in the graveyard area  in goldenleaf town at night, but i cant seem to find it. 

I think she only appears ~after~ you defeat the gym
If you want I can give a hint to defeat her but I will place in spoiler in case you wanna do it your own way

Spoiler

The way I did was simple, Normal Type Pokemons, but then you're wondering "MhicKy, you DAFT FOOL, the Haunted Field makes Ghosts hit Normal Types with super effect, how is that going to help me?!", well.. The trick is making it the Haunted Field no more, Flash can turn the field into Hallowed Field which decreases Ghost Type damage, a Normal type pokemon that can learn Flash this early is a Persia, you can also get a Alola-Rattata in the Sewers since he's Normal/Dark, a Bibarel is advised because he can learn Yawn to give you a couple free hits on the Dusknoir and a Pyroar is a good counter against the Mimikyu since she will use the Hallowed Field to increase it's fairy damage, the only non-normal type I suggest is Ribombee so she can kill the Spiritomb, she can learn Dazzling Gleam and the Hallowed Field will empower it which guarantees a OHKO, now, I would also suggest capturing some of the Venipede in the caves at Route 3 since they can come with Rawst Berry and her Chandelure and Dusknoir tend to Will-o-Wisp.. Not sure if you can get a Chesto Berry this early to put on the Persia so he won't sleep with Hypnosis cuz, if he does sleep, this whole strategy fails and you gotta restart..

In fact one of the best hints I can ever give is to always, ALWAYS, exploit the fields of the Gyms and if you can turn them into something else to your advantage, great!
That's how I defeated the Flying Type Gym with only a Steelix and a Lycanroc..

Edited by MhicKy

52 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

Hide contents

The way I did was simple, Normal Type Pokemons, but then you're wondering "MhicKy, you DAFT FOOL, the Haunted Field makes Ghosts hit Normal Types with super effect, how is that going to help me?!", well.. The trick is making it the Haunted Field no more, Flash can turn the field into Hallowed Field which decreases Ghost Type damage, a Normal type pokemon that can learn Flash this early is a Persia, you can also get a Alola-Rattata in the Sewers since he's Normal/Dark, a Bibarel is advised because he can learn Yawn to give you a couple free hits on the Dusknoir and a Pyroar is a good counter against the Mimikyu since she will use the Hallowed Field to increase it's fairy damage, the only non-normal type I suggest is Ribombee so she can kill the Spiritomb, she can learn Dazzling Gleam and the Hallowed Field will empower it which guarantees a OHKO, now, I would also suggest capturing some of the Venipede in the caves at Route 3 since they can come with Rawst Berry and her Chandelure and Dusknoir tend to Will-o-Wisp.. Not sure if you can get a Chesto Berry this early to put on the Persia so he won't sleep with Hypnosis cuz, if he does sleep, this whole strategy fails and you gotta restart..

That's a lot of pokemon, just Ribombee with Dazzling Gleam is actually enough, at least it was for me.

And I suppose it's important to have a very fast Normal type, cause else this strategy won't work out so well if you get hit with a supereffective Ghost move before you can use Flash.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Edo said:

That's a lot of pokemon, just Ribombee with Dazzling Gleam is actually enough, at least it was for me.

And I suppose it's important to have a very fast Normal type, cause else this strategy won't work out so well if you get hit with a supereffective Ghost move before you can use Flash.

Usually her starter always goes for Hypnosis so if you manage to get a Chesto Berry (or get lucky with a Quick Claw) or she simply misses that's your chance, for me Ribombee wasn't enough, specially considering she has a Mimikyu and there's nothing the Ribombee can do against that, that's why the Pyroar, his Fyre Type side allows him to take not very effective from Mimikyu's Play Rough and Ribombee wouldn't be useful against her Chandelure or her Dusknoir, that's where the Alola-Raticate comes in, Bibarel also learns Crunch so he can tangle with them as well, that's why I suggested those.
Another one I forgot to suggest was the Lilpup it's given to you in one of the buildings in East Gaeren, at that point he evolves to Stoutland and manages to learn Crunch as well.

Edited by MhicKy
Typos

1 hour ago, MhicKy said:

Usually her starter always goes for Hypnosis so if you manage to get a Chesto Berry (or get lucky with a Quick Claw) or she simply misses that's your chance, for me Ribombee wasn't enough, specially considering she has a Mimikyu and there's nothing the Ribombee can do against that, that's why the Pyroar, his Fyre Type side allows him to take not very effective from Mimikyu's Play Rough and Ribombee wouldn't be useful against her Chandelure or her Dusknoir, that's where the Alola-Raticate comes in, Bibarel also learns Crunch so he can tangle with them as well, that's why I suggested those.
Another one I forgot to suggest was the Lilpup it's given to you in one of the buildings in East Gaeren, at that point he evolves to Stoutland and manages to learn Crunch as well.

Are you talking about V11, or Normal mode? She starts with a Rotom in Intense mode on V12, which doesn't have Hypnosis.

Ribombee can take care of everything besides Chandelure, where I switched in Lycanroc. I used Draining Kiss as well to heal up, not just Dazzling Gleam. Mismagius can be problematic since Mystical Fire gets boosted on both fields, so it has to be either one-shotted (which should be possible if you use a Metronome and the field is already the Holy field), or it has to be weakened. Since she sends it in right after Chandelure when I had Lycanroc out, it lost half HP already. And Mimikyu can also easily be dealt with, since she uses her Z-move to turn the field haunted again, but which isn't effective, and then uses Shadow Claw to get it boosted, but the field can easily be cleansed before she attacks, so it does little damage again.

By the way, I'm not trying to criticize your strategy or anything like that, just trying to tell OP that they don't need to train up so many new pokemon for this gym battle. Using Normal types that way sounds interesting. When I once tried using Flash on Normal mode it didn't work out, because I wasn't using Normal types, so I kept taking damage while Flash didn't do anything.

52 minutes ago, Edo said:

Are you talking about V11, or Normal mode? She starts with a Rotom in Intense mode on V12, which doesn't have Hypnosis.

Ribombee can take care of everything besides Chandelure, where I switched in Lycanroc. I used Draining Kiss as well to heal up, not just Dazzling Gleam. Mismagius can be problematic since Mystical Fire gets boosted on both fields, so it has to be either one-shotted (which should be possible if you use a Metronome and the field is already the Holy field), or it has to be weakened. Since she sends it in right after Chandelure when I had Lycanroc out, it lost half HP already. And Mimikyu can also easily be dealt with, since she uses her Z-move to turn the field haunted again, but which isn't effective, and then uses Shadow Claw to get it boosted, but the field can easily be cleansed before she attacks, so it does little damage again.

By the way, I'm not trying to criticize your strategy or anything like that, just trying to tell OP that they don't need to train up so many new pokemon for this gym battle. Using Normal types that way sounds interesting. When I once tried using Flash on Normal mode it didn't work out, because I wasn't using Normal types, so I kept taking damage while Flash didn't do anything.

Well I was just explaining my side but yeah, I ain't playing on Intense Mode, just Reborn Style
I got quite stuck on sensei, needless to say, I ain't cut for the challenge so..
Anyway I forgot that gym leaders have different pokemons in Intense mode, whoops.. My bad..