The (Male) Nidoran that says its Female.

Nue

Ok, shiny hunting the male Nidoran that is at the dock and have notice that it gives it a female sign (It's 100% male isn't it?).  Don't know if its a glitch or not but kinda don't want it to evolve into a Nidorina cause of the game thinking its a female Nidoran. Has this happen to anyone else?

HUH.png.c4808fb1abd83769d6f7a8de65d15a85.png

This is actually the 3rd time it has shown up female I just managed to notice it before resetting over it. It seems to me to be using a 90% Male 10% Female ratio due to how long I've been hunting (Almost 3 hours on and off  looking for good IVs. Only seen 3 females so far). Hopeful the shiny I get won't be female.

2 hours ago, Aeilac said:

trans rights

Does that mean it will evolve into a Nidoking? I'm non-binary in game anyway so a female Nidoking would be nice to have but I don't want a bugged Nidoran evolving into a Nidorina when I want a Nidoking for my reserve mons. The Nidos usually evolve by what gender they are. Also, still haven't found my shiny yet most likey be hunting another day for it.

2 hours ago, redcellbestcell said:

This is actually a bug in the pokemon esseantial thingy, other game like Insurgence also have this problem.

It's like a 1 in a 100 chance to get one, you can just evovle it into a Nidoking normally.

You can name it "Cain" if you want to...

Thx! Got a female shiny earlier but it had zero ivs in almost all its stats. First time I ever seen that bug before.

21 hours ago, Edo said:

Male and female Nidorans are separate species, so even if the gender is off, the game can't "confuse" them and cause the wrong evolution.

I know but I have played games that glitch that out too just with different pokemon (EX: Pichu in Reborn won't evolve if bred from Alolan Raichu. They might of fixed that but idk since I'm waiting on the next update before playing through again).

Also, if anyone was wondering I FINNALY got a shiny Nidoran and luck of luck it was TIMID with perfect Sp. Attack IVs.

FINALLY.png.307eec5372a18611d2cf67e1f205176c.png