Defencive/ Bulky Team viable on INTENSE Mode???

scarzo

4 hours ago, scarzo said:

I'm thinking about a run with a more defencive team. Is it viable?? What do you recomend????

Probably empoleon or swampert for your starter, haryiama is a nice bulky attacker, hypno is good for special defense, carbink has great defense/special defense stats but everything else is low, steelix physical defense is almost unmatched but low special and hp. Vapodeon and umbreon are both good bulky/defensive mons, then i highly recommend either toxapex or skuntank since they learn toxic in their movepool

its definitely doable but to me it comes down to a matter of is it needed or not and personally............. i say it isnt needed in the slightest, the team that is in my signature has been the team that has stuck by me from my first run all the way to present day (except ive since swapped swampert for a vikavolt) and each party member is set for offensive output with minimal setup moves except for calm mind on sylveon and bulk up on blaziken......... as for a mega idk which im gonna resort to once we get them in v13, probably mawile due to huge power sucker punch hurting like heck

I don't know about a full defensive team, but there are plenty of good bulky/defensive mons (shadow slakoth, crest beheeyem, snorlax, amoonguss, hariyama, sableye, sylveon,  golisopod, to name a few). Sticky webs are also very strong for supporting these mons

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 11:59 PM, scarzo said:

I'm thinking about a run with a more defencive team. Is it viable?? What do you recomend????

Definitely viable been running a Steel monotype on intense and mind you the only offensive pkmn before GDC is Togedemaru, A-Dugtrio and empoleon the rest of my team  is very bulky and slow like escavalier and steelix. so i you are asking is it possible to clear the game on intense with only bulky pkmn then its definitely possible and i dare to say that some battle will be easier 

On 4/8/2020 at 6:40 AM, fellowry said:

Definitely viable been running a Steel monotype on intense and mind you the only offensive pkmn before GDC is Togedemaru, A-Dugtrio and empoleon the rest of my team  is very bulky and slow like escavalier and steelix. so i you are asking is it possible to clear the game on intense with only bulky pkmn then its definitely possible and i dare to say that some battle will be easier 

Well, your words give me more incentives to do this run....... Thanks