Breeding + RNG

Kenneth

This can become very annoying, at times. Was trying to breed Mareep into perfection (moster + field). For 3 days straight. Excessive egg production and all. On the span of two days, i got like 4 perfect IV ones, but all of them Females! On a species that has 50% gender possibility! And the other ones; all those i got (11 pokemon), with 31 to everything but 30 only to the last, random stat, were enough to make even the most sane and patient fellow, turn into a raging, foaming gamerkid.

Yesterday, i was done with it. And i passed on to breeding Skorupis (bug + water 3). Half an hour = 3 perfect ones. 2 perfect ones, only during the first 5 eggs that i ever hatched, from two 5IV parents, at that (1 in 96 chance). Guess what? ALL of them, females! On another species that has a 50% ratio... Today i returned, only to start hatching 5IV + 30 to the last stat, males. As if it got stuck at 30 to provoke me.

Breeding for legit players, who wish to avoid exploiting Debug... Is nasty stuff. Nerves of steel, are required. Free time. MUCH free time, too. Rrrrrrrrr (as miss crawdberry would say)

3 hours ago, Kenneth said:

This can become very annoying, at times. Was trying to breed Mareep into perfection (moster + field). For 3 days straight. Excessive egg production and all. On the span of two days, i got like 4 perfect IV ones, but all of them Females! On a species that has 50% gender possibility! And the other ones; all those i got (11 pokemon), with 31 to everything but 30 only to the last, random stat, were enough to make even the most sane and patient fellow, turn into a raging, foaming gamerkid.

Yesterday, i was done with it. And i passed on to breeding Skorupis (bug + water 3). Half an hour = 3 perfect ones. 2 perfect ones, only during the first 5 eggs that i ever hatched, from two 5IV parents, at that (1 in 96 chance). Guess what? ALL of them, females! On another species that has a 50% ratio... Today i returned, only to start hatching 5IV + 30 to the last stat, males. As if it got stuck at 30 to provoke me.

Breeding for legit players, who wish to avoid exploiting Debug... Is nasty stuff. Nerves of steel, are required. Free time. MUCH free time, too. Rrrrrrrrr (as miss crawdberry would say)

Seriously: who tf cares this much About stuf like that? 😄 But I guess you very unlucky tho

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, mcpershing said:

Seriously: who tf cares this much About stuf like that? 😄 But I guess you very unlucky tho

People who want to be the very best, like no one never was haha

@Kenneth it can be that frustating, yes. When I started breeding, it took me a very long time to do all the things I wanted. The problem of your breedings is that 6th IV, as there are no way to make them not random. You should try SpeedBreed mod (on the link I'll leave at the end) where all the aspects of breed remain the same, you just don't have to be running around for eternity.

Now, it seems you are breeding for a breeding team, as you are focusing on their egg groups. I have already a breeding team (composed off Remoraid, Spinda, Skorupi, Woobat, Phantump, Snorunt and Charmander) ready to trade. And as a non-orthodox way, I also have a 6IV Ditto. I know, the feeling of have your on mons will not be there, but well, it can speed up things for you xD

Here's the link:

See ya~

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Trufa said:

People who want to be the very best, like no one never was haha

@Kenneth it can be that frustating, yes. When I started breeding, it took me a very long time to do all the things I wanted. The problem of your breedings is that 6th IV, as there are no way to make them not random. You should try SpeedBreed mod (on the link I'll leave at the end) where all the aspects of breed remain the same, you just don't have to be running around for eternity.

Now, it seems you are breeding for a breeding team, as you are focusing on their egg groups. I have already a breeding team (composed off Remoraid, Spinda, Skorupi, Woobat, Phantump, Snorunt and Charmander) ready to trade. And as a non-orthodox way, I also have a 6IV Ditto. I know, the feeling of have your on mons will not be there, but well, it can speed up things for you xD

Here's the link:

See ya~

Thank you very much! Although, i would like to struggle enough, completing this run with mons that i catch/train/breed myself... I even refrain from utilizing human-traded mons. Besides, spending all this time making eggs has its productive aftereffects! I finally managed to rotate all weather patterns and catch all of the event mons!

My team (still in making) is: 1. Skorupi (finally managed!), 2. Cherubi (plant/fairy, first one i achieved), 3. Spinda (field/humanlike, second one i achieved), 4. Mareep (gave me hell but this is done too), 5. Remoraid (right now in the making), 6. Yamask (mineral/amorphous, will chain breed once i get the perfect Remoraid, to Stunfisk -> Yamask since it is Water1/Amorphous) and 7. Swablu (flying dragon, to chain breed from perfect Mareep to Woobat -> Swablu).

This way i am getting myself a complete roster, before even going past Luna! Those pokemon cover all groups and are all obtainable, before the Circus!

Your team sounds nice and interesting! I will keep in mind your offer, thank you very much! Will return to it, if you are still available, when i finish all tasks in game!

Ultimately managed. Both to get a "breeder's pack" and breed myself, 9 monsters.

Funny thing is, when i urgently needed 5 + 6 IV hatches, i wouldn't get any for endless hours straight, even days... But when i bred my team afterwards, i got everything fully maxed in less than 1,5 day...

RNG works in mysterious ways.

• Haha 1