(UPDATE) Call for Discussion of Pre-Calamity Aevium

PSFLeo

Hello everyone, I made a post a while ago here:

Explaining a theory I had on what the Terrial region looked like before the Calamity mess. I decided to replay the game again so that I could see if there was anything I missed the first time, or anything that made more sense now that we have a bigger picture to the entire puzzle that is the pre-Calamity world. Well, I found an interesting NPC that I somehow missed the first time in Gearen City's Violet Building that says the following:

1587566345_Screenshot(104).png.f42cabc29d845c8ca741c96bea8f1d6a.png273801874_Screenshot(105).png.e95086c6a3f3a887ad2f52aa9af44d3f.png
1685755660_Screenshot(106).png.c9d405e0cb178cc0843fe85308e5e8fc.png

Wait wait wait, so hold up. All of the regions were connected at some point? I don't know about you guys who probably didn't skip it like I did, but that means our new Terrial region should connect to the other regions somehow. Here's the Floria region and what, in my last post, we considered to be the pre-Calamity Terrial Region:

265646121_Screenshot(101).png.b635398704bd1e0a4dfc4a14c6c3947e.png

Well... either Jan planned this out and we got it right on the money, or this is the biggest coincidence ever. Let me highlight exactly where Terrial fits into Floria:

1515766074_Screenshot(101)m.png.b22cfbf0ddb0d09ebe6596bbe07da7d0.png

The edges look pretty similar. Obviously they aren't perfect, as the map of the Terrial region is a rough mock-up, but let's try to align these edges a little bit...

21598685_NewMeld.png.d70a29344ea2ff92c84b8cad9a348d10.png

Okay cool. Fits together really nice. We also know that the Terrial region is to Floria's north-west, as shown by the cutscene in which the gang travels from West Gearen to Route 7 (sorry, don't have a screenshot on me). I'm just gonna quick fit these things together, and let's see what it looks like:

NewAevium.png.4ac9e07421ce129e1cd82f8ee1e5386b.png

Looks sorta clean, right?

W R O N G

And I'll tell you why by putting in where, but with this setup, a lot of things don't match up.

FIRSTLY... I'll create a map here of where I deduced things should be, and we'll go from there.

NewAevium.png.764ccf495256b07c7d82e555f4908ee4.png

1. Modern Route 2 / Vivian's cherry blossom was planted in this general area. Needs to be buy southern coast.

2. Modern Amethyst Cave / Sheridan Village, DIRECTLY North of coast.

3. Modern Goldenwood area / SHOULD be Kugearen Woods, not matched up correctly

4. Modern Goldenwood area / SHOULD be Kugearen City (not near any coasts and far inland as it's north of Route 4, not matched up correctly

5. Modern Abandoned Manor / Past Abandoned Manor? I'll come to this point later.

6. Modern Akuwa Town / What should be Ambrette Town as Ambrette town is on the Northern coast

7. Modern Route 4 / What should be Route 3, also connected to some unknown cave system to the East

See what I mean though? There's hardly any room! And things definitely aren't arranged as they should be. The region almost needs to be at a slant to fit everything in as it should fit in here. Not to mention from Ambrette Town to Sheridan Village is coast-to-coast in this version of the Aevium region, making things seem pretty cramped. So this is where the call to action comes in: what do you guys think of this? I'm not sure what to make of it. So I'm just going to do my best to fit everything in as I think it would fit in here, sorry guys. Don't got much here.

OldAevium.png.23a02896c3626672f1495efcc35263d5.png

> i tried

Things just do NOT fit well in terms of how the map is lookin'. Let me just...

1203166464_itried2.png.df1d17187a46b6a29c5d5b170664a240.png

1732739077_itried3.png.f2cd92671bce4ba9659e503981fd890b.png

... eh. Well, the point I wanted to make about the Abandoned Manor was that these two signs:

1487539200_Screenshot(107).png.740324c72b492b3fe30a0113cd0e557f.png1928733769_Screenshot(108).png.e74662bcba2f05d97aef83242cd1934b.png

May be referring to the same thing, being the Abandoned Manor that we see Maria living in during the prologue/introduction of the game. It would make sense in the context of our new map: south of Hiyoshi City, south-west of Kugearen City.

And that's all I got. Obviously, Terajuma still exists and should be placed somewhere, but I wouldn't know where to put it. I do have a theory though, regarding the placement of the Spring of Preservation. It reacts to Anju's Pendant, so obviously the Spring of Preservation was guarded by Anju before she went Angie-mode. You'd think that this means Kristiline Town (which we know existed pre-Calamity, as Anju mentions that being her home) must be somewhere close. This leads me to believe that Terajuma originally was located in this general area:

1996673100_itried4.png.d1181004d68b7205302960fd6e3a2f33.png

but I can't be sure. This is where I'm trying (emphasis on trying) to start a discussion here on what a more complete region would look like. I could've gone wrong in multiple spots in this map which is why it didn't line up right (like the original alignment of Floria and Terrial), and two heads is better than one, and multiple heads is always better than two. So what do you guys think? Where could Terajuma be placed, is my placement of these spots correct considering my theory from the other post, or is everything just super wrong?

• Like 1

From what I remember from the lore, there's roughly a one day travel between Kugearen and Hiyoshi (said by Anju and Hazuki at Hiyoshi's time travel) so it is connected by ground. Goldenwood area (Griselda's castle) seems to originate at a northern place than Sheridan, given how Amethyst grotto pushes it into its actual location, and having a dock for Anju's ship before. Or maybe... In WLL we can actually see River's end and Goldenwood's area just west of Sheridan's area so... Most likely Storm-9 pushed Kugearen south, thus why Goldenwood park is north of it and west of Sheridan?

Thinking about Terajuma area, both them and Blacksteeple islands seemed to be south of Aevium, together but not connected to the mainland. And we also got Neverwinter's area north of Route 9, so we still don't have the full picture. But it's a good thread anyways. 

so if it was a big landmass and it broke away, then the borders are certainly dont need to exactly fit into each other. and the breaking up off the island would have resulted into new  landmasses on the broken up islands. so what i'll suggest is that you start from whatever we have in past and try to fit the present into it and not the other way round.

oh and btw, i looked into the voidal chasm and the boat there says gregorian so we definitely know the location of gregoarian lake and its even close to zone zero(present)/hiyoshi city(past). take this as your reference point and try to extrapolate the other places from this reference. you definitely are onto something and i'm loving your posts

6 hours ago, reaper. said:

so if it was a big landmass and it broke away, then the borders are certainly dont need to exactly fit into each other. and the breaking up off the island would have resulted into new  landmasses on the broken up islands. so what i'll suggest is that you start from whatever we have in past and try to fit the present into it and not the other way round.

oh and btw, i looked into the voidal chasm and the boat there says gregorian so we definitely know the location of gregoarian lake and its even close to zone zero(present)/hiyoshi city(past). take this as your reference point and try to extrapolate the other places from this reference. you definitely are onto something and i'm loving your posts

Hey sorry, completely forgot about checking that, got preoccupied with getting back into my dorm. Thanks for checking that, and good points made. That's definitely the way I should have approached it, just got my theory-trigger finger excited when I saw that NPC, haha.

9 hours ago, kithas said:

From what I remember from the lore, there's roughly a one day travel between Kugearen and Hiyoshi (said by Anju and Hazuki at Hiyoshi's time travel) so it is connected by ground. Goldenwood area (Griselda's castle) seems to originate at a northern place than Sheridan, given how Amethyst grotto pushes it into its actual location, and having a dock for Anju's ship before. Or maybe... In WLL we can actually see River's end and Goldenwood's area just west of Sheridan's area so... Most likely Storm-9 pushed Kugearen south, thus why Goldenwood park is north of it and west of Sheridan?

Thinking about Terajuma area, both them and Blacksteeple islands seemed to be south of Aevium, together but not connected to the mainland. And we also got Neverwinter's area north of Route 9, so we still don't have the full picture. But it's a good thread anyways. 

You're right, I completely forgot about that! We can also assume that the young Narcissa was from the time period we travel back to, as our older Narcissa was able to come back to our time from that point in time. I'll be looking more into placements and what-not later.