Aephiex's Ash-Greninja

Aephiex

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 8:43 AM, BurstNeon said:

Hello all, I've been a fan of Aephiex's Ash-Greninja for years and Ash-Greninja ever since I watched that one anime episode (you know the one). I wanted to have a team in reborn that all had a transformation gimmick (mega,primals etc) or something close to it. I tinkered a bit with modding for the first time and was able to replicate Aephiex's Ash-Greninja mod for E19! But not fully.

The mod I've awfully scrapped together now has a 50/50 chance to create a Battle Bond Froakie, which will keep its ability till its final evo. Upon KOing an enemy, Greninja will mega evolve into Ash-Greninja with base stats and all.

However, I'm not too sure if the Water Shuriken base power increase was done right, and the number of times hit should be 3 but I couldn't figure it out so if anyone could help me understand that, I'd be very grateful. Through my testing, there weren't any bugs but if they come up I'll try my best to figure those out too. I definitely didn't test it with the field effects but that shouldn't be a problem.

Ash-Greninja sprites were used from the original mod.

Aephiex's Ash-Greninja_v2-ish.zip 45.62 kB · 13 downloads

Thank you so much, sir. Always wanted to use this in my playthrough.

The only problem is that this mods seems to make Beast Boost ability not working.
I hope someone can help with this.

7 hours ago, The_Wox said:

Thank you so much, sir. Always wanted to use this in my playthrough.

The only problem is that this mods seems to make Beast Boost ability not working.
I hope someone can help with this.

I have no idea why Beast Boost didn't work, I don't think I really messed with it. I did manage to get it working though so happy playing!

• Like 1

@BurstNeon

Thank you very much! I just downloaded your mod and I look forward to playing through the game with it. I did notice however that my pokemon don't get experience or EVs when they knock out opponents with passive damage such as poisoning or wrap. This is a very minor problem and for all I know it may have been caused by updating to version 19.16 instead of the mod, but I figured it was worth bringing up.

1 hour ago, A Guy said:

@BurstNeon

Thank you very much! I just downloaded your mod and I look forward to playing through the game with it. I did notice however that my pokemon don't get experience or EVs when they knock out opponents with passive damage such as poisoning or wrap. This is a very minor problem and for all I know it may have been caused by updating to version 19.16 instead of the mod, but I figured it was worth bringing up.

I'm surprised you caught that. I fixed it up but I haven't tested it for every passive damage available. EVs can be gained as well.

2 hours ago, Shinrushi said:

sorry i wanted the sprites not stats

Me too. Trying to find the problem but I can't seem to find it. After the mega evolution animation the sprites remain the same but the stats change. If someone knows how to fix this plzz help.

On 6/11/2022 at 6:43 PM, BurstNeon said:

Hello all, I've been a fan of Aephiex's Ash-Greninja for years and Ash-Greninja ever since I watched that one anime episode (you know the one). I wanted to have a team in reborn that all had a transformation gimmick (mega,primals etc) or something close to it. I tinkered a bit with modding for the first time and was able to replicate Aephiex's Ash-Greninja mod for E19! But not fully.

The mod I've awfully scrapped together now has a 50/50 chance to create a Battle Bond Froakie, which will keep its ability till its final evo. Upon KOing an enemy, Greninja will mega evolve into Ash-Greninja with base stats and all.

However, I'm not too sure if the Water Shuriken base power increase was done right, and the number of times hit should be 3 but I couldn't figure it out so if anyone could help me understand that, I'd be very grateful. Through my testing, there weren't any bugs but if they come up I'll try my best to figure those out too. I definitely didn't test it with the field effects but that shouldn't be a problem.

Ash-Greninja sprites were used from the original mod.

EDIT: Fixed ultra beast related bug.

EDIT 2: Fixed an exp bug regarding passive KOs.

Aephiex's Ash-Greninja_v2.2-ish.zip 25.75 kB · 7 downloads

Thanks for updating the mod in Aephiex's place! One thing that has previously been mentioned by other users is that the sprites don't seem to change after Battle Bond activates. It's still the default Greninja sprite but the stat changes seem to be functioning well enough. No issues with field effects so far but I've only been in a handful of battles lately with Ash Greninja.

37 minutes ago, BurstNeon said:

I accidentally put in the wrong sprite in the graphics, whoops. It's all good now. Sorry about that.

Man, I really appreciate you doing this mod, but would you have no problem leaving the glowing sprite as it was and with these mods to make it look like that in battle if it's not too much trouble?658.png.8735e45e59150dd17185ac36cca11af5.png658s_2.png.80f93f05ac30e26993e8a32992ba5e23.png658sb_2(2).png.75e838bd3ea44402f795c58d65aa26a5.pngimage.png.08f3124f563cbc52cde9a8afd53f5d5e.png

11 hours ago, TailsDoll2537 said:

Man, I really appreciate you doing this mod, but would you have no problem leaving the glowing sprite as it was and with these mods to make it look like that in battle if it's not too much trouble?658.png.8735e45e59150dd17185ac36cca11af5.png658s_2.png.80f93f05ac30e26993e8a32992ba5e23.png658sb_2(2).png.75e838bd3ea44402f795c58d65aa26a5.pngimage.png.08f3124f563cbc52cde9a8afd53f5d5e.png

You've made me realize that I was using a custom shiny that I thought was reborn's regular shiny this whole time. I'm not all too good at spritework but I made the regular one as well. There'll be two Graphics files, one with the regular shiny sprite and one with a custom one.