V13 New Team Members

Rising Emperor

15 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

A bit out of the loop here, what happened to ice types?

Ice types aren't the best type to exist. they are weak to many strong typing and tend to be lacking in the defensiveness stats department so good ice types are hard to come by.

20 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

A bit out of the loop here, what happened to ice types?

They got eiscue, which takes absolutely no damage from the first Physical attack it takes, and can repeatedly restore this trait every round if it's currently Hailing (which Angie's fight has on by default), effectively making it immune to Physical attacks, as well as Galarian Darmanitan, whose Ability is literally a built-in Choice Band that stacks with other Choice Items (and is being a bit of a terror on comp. ATM. as a result). And then there's the Arcto-fossils, which sport a 75 signature attack that doubles in power if the user outspeeds the target, plus Slush Rush to ensure it actually does so (It doesn't help us that both Angie's preferred weather and Field Effect activate Slush Rush). Arctozolt seems to be particularly nasty because it does bring in the rarely-resisted BoltBeam Type pair (i.e., Electric and Ice) in its STABs alone. I'd be genuinely surprised if none of these monsters made it onto Angie's team!

Ice also got Mr. Rime, whose signature Ability would actually hurt her (I don't think any Ice trainer would be fond of destroying their own Aurora Veil, ya know?), and frosmoth, which... I'm still on the fence about in regards to how actually useful it is in this context. It might be the most aesthetically fitting of the bunch for our psycho frost maid, at least?

1 hour ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

They got eiscue, which takes absolutely no damage from the first Physical attack it takes, and can repeatedly restore this trait every round if it's currently Hailing (which Angie's fight has on by default), effectively making it immune to Physical attacks, as well as Galarian Darmanitan, whose Ability is literally a built-in Choice Band that stacks with other Choice Items (and is being a bit of a terror on comp. ATM. as a result). And then there's the Arcto-fossils, which sport a 75 signature attack that doubles in power if the user outspeeds the target, plus Slush Rush to ensure it actually does so (It doesn't help us that both Angie's preferred weather and Field Effect activate Slush Rush). Arctozolt seems to be particularly nasty because it does bring in the rarely-resisted BoltBeam Type pair (i.e., Electric and Ice) in its STABs alone. I'd be genuinely surprised if none of these monsters made it onto Angie's team!

Ice also got Mr. Rime, whose signature Ability would actually hurt her (I don't think any Ice trainer would be fond of destroying their own Aurora Veil, ya know?), and frosmoth, which... I'm still on the fence about in regards to how actually useful it is in this context. It might be the most aesthetically fitting of the bunch for our psycho frost maid, at least?

as if angie wasnt frustrating already

4 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

That's exactly right! Frankly, I feel like the claydol Crest is the most involved of the bunch, considering just how much it affects.

I'm not exactly sure if I'm remembering right (I haven't personally bothered with them myself), but aren't all of the older fossilmons already available in Rejuvenation? I don't imagine that there'd be too much of a delay toward getting the frankenfossils once those come online, so dracovish should be an available option by then. I still can't quite get over how ridiculously powerful that one turned out to be, TBH... 😅

Brb checking Claydol lol I thought it was a good crest if only merging SpAtk & SpDef

Edit: Yeah, I checked, 1-turn Solar Beam, so...

Edited by kithas