Whats your Story?

Geo

Would you like me to tell my story?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Really?

• DO EEET!!!
    • Don't waste your time bro.

Tell your story about why and how why you join reborn, explain your past before Reborn and present as of now also as well.

Story can be long or short.

I know I have a long story full of love, betrayal, ect... Infact ima make poll about if you want me to share it or not.

When Ame made the server of Reborn about 6-7 months ago, he asked me if I was interested in playing Pokemon, and the League and all of that. I'm guessing he only asked to get people involved so it didn't die out that time. I said yes, because first of all, I was even shocked that he wanted me to do something remotely involved with him, and because I really wanted to be close to Ame.
My past before Reborn was pretty lonely, even though it still kinda is now, at least I have people who care. Even though I'm so stubborn to admit that one. I had no friends, and the people I loved abandoned me. They all treated me horribly. And I didn't know why. I thought it was because I was annoying, ugly, not good enough. That's what I grew up with for 12 years. I'm surprised that this year was different.
[color="#696969"]My 13th year of not being okay... And I'm starting to come out of Hell. [/color]
And I'm surprised out of everything that's happened, Ame hasn't left my side like everyone else has. I owe him so much. I'm happy he loved me, even if it was for a short amount of time, and I'm happy I still have him in my life. And now I'm really happy to have all of Reborn in my life.
I've got some really good friends in there, such as Mash, Ika, Geo, Ashley, Saya, Kajj(even though we butt heads a lot, he's a good kid), NyuNyukinz, and of course, Ame. Even more people are coming in now, more than ever. I thought I was going to be alone forever... But thanks to Ame, I'm starting to see all that's good... Even though I'd rather stay in my fantasy world than to be in reality...
Present Day Reborn...
Hm...
Lemmie just say this...
[color="#FF0000"]i rUeL u AlL wIFf MaHH ClaWz!!1![/color]
I am head Kittystress and I rule Reborn and make you all fear me with mah clawz! Dun make me use you as example as a scratchin' post! :D I has my own throne, and everyone treats me like a queen! It's how it all should be. : ) I'm not around as much as I really wish I could be. Cuz of school and work... And my school/work mates make me go with them to places when I really don't want to do anything. But in the end, I come home to such wonderful people. And those who get out of line... Well... -brings out her claws- ...They don't last long. And then there's a tea party for everyone! Yaay! And then we bring in the wind that knocks all the ducks over and say that they're all ROFLING! Yaaaay! I love Reborn. It's a place where I like to get away from everything. And just be me.
And... I loyally wait forever... By the side of Ame... I wait until the day he comes home.

You people......*sigh*

So Long story.....

I was part of a Clan called Reaper on Shoddy, Even tho I was new to them I quickly became the 2nd best player in the clan, My old friends Coal, Starsky and Rave was the only people I talk to much.Eclispes and his sister Iris where in charge of operations there, Eclispes was alot like Ame but more judgmental, He always treated me like a little brother and troll me to get me to laugh. Iris who was 1 year younger then me had a crush on me, Eclispe told but...I just Ignored her and her emotions completely, there was time I acted as if she wasnt there but she was steadly nice to me. We used to hang out on the CAP server alot and other as well, the site however was still under construction at the time(don't know if it still is) so we used something like the Evo fourms(fourmotions I think) as a base, we had our own Xat chat too.I slowly grown to become the Nightmare league's Elite Four #2, our names where used since they we're close to the 4 elements Earth, Wind,Fire and Water(Coal, star"SKY", "Geo",R(W)ave ).Things was going smoothly then I met DracometeorX from youtube even tho his movesets was a tad off was manage to beat me easily, He was the first one to beaten without the use of Legendaries, Just NU/UU. He gave me access to his account a few times and we normally chat of Ebuddy about the Metagame and Ect. 4 months after that during May, we gotten bored of shoddy and decided to move to PO instead. I choose to go on my own to check it out, but however Iris and Starsky didnt want me to go and check without Rave but I ignored them and went ahead, I was trainning getting ready to actually log into PO 2 days Before I joinned Reborn when Rave came online and gave me MetaTank (which was the Metagross I used in the league) but sadly,.....I had to tell them, I might not return to them. This made Iris worried about me cause she havent even heard from since a week after I joined Reborn, when I finally came back to Shoddy, Coal was mad at me, Starsky was quiet, and Rave was trying to cheer up Iris. It appeared Eclispes wasnt with us.....I still have no clue what happened but he somehow knew he wasnt about to make it and put me in charge of the Nightmare league, but I declined it and the movement to PO and then I quit them and put Rave in charge. Iris was trying to stop me from leaving say, she loved me and she will miss me blah blah blah.But....My last words was "...I nevered cared about you, so why love someone without a heart and Logged out. Sure I use the name "[Reaper]Geo" but that was just a reminder.....Of how it went smoothly but ended up bitter at the end.

Present day:

I live in regret, but I have success in the league....I regret what I did and told her.but act like I dont care. I hate myself and sometimes I due take it out on others, I gotten better at controling that but its still a deep pain to bare. Even tho I made alot friends in Reborn and even I see DracometeorX under "UltimateBlaze" but I dont think its good enough to replace the ones I broke. Sure I can contact Rave, SS, and Coal, but I lived in fear of them hating me for what I did. Her brother died and I made her feel worse....Im a monster...The Geo you see in the chat is a illusion of the former me, Deep down......I regrat everything.

Sinful Reunion/Reverse of the Past:

December 11, 2010: I met Rave & the others on Poke experte when the server registry was down. I didnt know I was about to hand over web scripts to them for they're Affliates. They told me Iris went looking for me after I left and sadly....this made me flash back to when she came to Mysidia after i was done with my 3 battles. She pm'd me asking who I was but I said "who..." Her reaction was "...........Geo, I know its you." then she logged off.I updated my contacts on Ebuddy and Email to stay in touch with them after trying to settle things.

December 12, 2010: I ran into a server called "Graveyard server" It had a fourm game we used to play called Dark Loans....Could it be a sign? It shortly broke tho.

December 13, 2010: I found Rave today in a channel is Poke experte....He said I just miss Iris and Reaper was getting back together....but I laughed and ask him why? Coal rather spend his time in Beta, SS prefer Smogon and they rarely seem to come on or have time for games now. Rave started to to reconsider and go into Mysidia since he enjoys it there but He'll help me the next time Iris appear online.

(I JUST REMEBER THOESE BASTARDS NEVER GAVE THE URL TO THE SITE!!! >.> FUCKING MID TERMS)

copy paste ninja~...
Hmmmm.... I came from Smogon's CAP got attracted by a friend. I came went to beta and others then found Reborn (Gardevoir at the time) I came in and only me Geo Sigrun and Kotty were there. I was going to leave bit something compelled me to stay. Me and Sigrun talked awhile then Geo fought Julia (...sigh.....) after that I was intrigued but still almost left until kitty talked to me. Kitty you were there to keep me here and when we talked I laughed so much. Then We talked about You and Ame and I helped you when you needed it. And now you help me out! You are all good friends everyone of you!! But back to the story lol.

I got interested more and more so I stayed and brought with me Peking Bullet Phoenix Batl and Roy... Now all that's left is me and bullet... We still are pained by everyone leaving us. I stay in touch with myold boss Roy but the others... Only batl lol.... But what I'm trying to say is that I stayed with reborn not for the battles and all that but for the people and the way I felt accepted and like I mattered! Now I hope everytime someone new comes we can make them feel like I did but it'll be difficult with Kitty you trying to leave ( and you Geo being well... Neku now... Sigrun missing butt we have Nyu. But with that we have N8 Ika Bullet Doc and everyone to help make others feel wanted... I don't really know why I wrote this just wanted to write it down.... Thanks for reading and commenting if you want~~~

Well theres all that.... but of the past...my friends....the old Gym LEaders of CAP and the like....lemme see if I can name what happened...
Zapper-oh look me...
Bullet-duuuuuh....
Rubble-at Quantum now....
Nathan-I have no idea... into war games now
Peking-left to starcraft 2
Irony-.....havent seen him at all
Sean-..nothing....
Phoenix-.....I miss these people.....
Hoboson-....
Cheese-.....
Roy-.....now Roy....I always get false hope from time to time...Ame has seen it....I get over excited and....get crushed......
Batl-Mysidia now

Now...yes I admit I do go on CAP a lot now a days.... oh noooo...but its with false hope and me trying to find anyone I used to know...I miss all these people A LOT...and its sickening and saddens me that we lost so much..... the main person I have left is Bullet...with Rubble and Batl.....but its not the same...I miss PHX... I miss Roy....I miss them all.....Its part of the depression I have been feeling lately...... one of many things....home sick I guess.....oh well.... I have more but cant think.....Ill continue as I remember.....

Herpaderpderp, my story isn't much of one.

While back I was, dare I say, a Smogoner, and a not-entirely-terrible one, if I do say so myself. However, in the midst of arguably my worst slump ever, 2 weeks removed from making the quarterfinals of a tourney, I fell into losing 8 straight tourney matches (including a heartbreaker to Panamaxis). But anyway:

Pokemon Online came out, and I was a Beta Server lurker, and such. And I'm thinking "hey, stuff!" And I left the Beta server, and splashed around Mysidia and Dream League a bit. But then I didn't.

Something like August 8th, I went on Reborn for the first time. We had about...7?...people on the server that day and I'm like "hey, they could use company and stuff". So I waddled on in, and Ame was definitely there, and I think N8 and Mash *might* have been too. Kinda vague on it. Anyway, I distinctly remember telling everyone that I sucked. And then proceeding to win a tournament, beating Ame and a goddamn Rotom-W and his goddamn rain dance team in the tournament finals. And I'm like "hey, these people are worse than me! And, ya know, they're nice...and stuff" So I hung around, and I met the other peoples, and then stuff and then yeah.

Oh, and I met Kitty. And she was like "hai" and I'm like "hai" and yeah.

Oh, and I met Bullet. And I was like "random bullet pun" and he's like "not funny" and yeah.

Oh, and I met Ikaru. And I'm like "what the hell kind of name is that" and he's like "Ikaru" and yeah but that never happened.

Anyway, all in all, I couldn't really ask for more with everyone here. You've been very nice and welcoming and stuff and yeah.

AWKWARD STORY IS OVER!

almost

NOW IT IS!

not really

SHUT UP SMALL TEXT!

no u

Mkay, one more thing/I started writing haikus/Here. I think I'm good.

In conclusion, stuff.

I was on google, browsing pokemanz games. Then I saw this PO thingy. I was like, "ooo" *click*. I downloaded and stuff. And I was like, "hey, which server should I join?" So, I joined Mysidia. At first, they were all mean to me. It made me sad. They picked on me for being the newb and stuff. I actually cried once. Then, I left the server, and saw this place called, "Reborn". I was like, oooo. I went into it. And I was able to be myself! I was soooo happy! Reborn made me feel like home. Now, Reborn is my home. I built a house on the outskirts of the city. :D

An Ending at Mafia...

(00:41:29) Sunnyside: Geo........I heard you are looking for me.
(00:41:30) Geo:Who are you?
(00:41:35) Sunnyside: Iris....but..you hate me!
(00:41:37) Geo: Im...sorry
(00:41:41) Sunnyside: Are you really Geo?
(00:41:43) Geo:.....why?
(00:41:44) Sunnyside: I know for one my Geo-Kun is rude, Rave was right, you did change.
(00:41:49) Geo: XD well about that...
(00:41:54) Sunnyside: Geo, I still have a crush on you but....
(00:41:56) Geo: ....Its alright, I love you Iris and im really really sorry.
(00:42:04) Sunnyside: O_o....Your really are different.^^ even better now. <3
(Email exchange and d/c lag)
(00:50:29) Sunnyside: ........I feel like dying.....I cant believe its you.
(00:50:30) Geo:......Me neither.
(00:50:34) Sunnyside: Are you joining us or staying in Reborn?
(00:50:37) Geo: HOW DID YOU???
(00:50:45) Sunnyside: Coal spied on you and took a beating from your SD skarm I believe, idk XD.
(00:50:48) Geo: ........
(00:50:51) Sunnyside: Reborn seems interesting...but....I wont interfere with you.
(00:51:04) Geo: Its okey, Im sure they'll accept you.
(00:51:10) Sunnyside: Geo, I quit Wifi and simulated battles, I wont even try to come to PO now~
(00:51:17) Geo: I see, Lets chat with my friend Draco tomorrow then!
(00:51:20) Sunnyside: Geo-kun~Alright!!! GTG bye =^.^=

And So concludes my story, Not yet.......Draco and I have a score to settle.

I don't really have a story, per se, but I could enumerate the causal steps that led me here.

I met my friend DJ Lumberjack in Kindergarten. (You can all blame him for me being here~)
He got Earthbound as a Christmas gift one year, and we both fell in love with it.
We discovered the Earthbound fan site Starmen.net.
I downloaded an EB fan game made with RPG Maker 2000 from said site (can't remember the name of it, and it's not there anymore).
I got interested in RM2K and found GamingW.net while looking for tutorials and resources.
I downloaded a game called Sunset Over Imdahl from GW.
After finishing SOI, the game informed me of a contest held by its creator, so I joined the Alternative Gamemaking forum to enter the contest.
AG died after a while, but one of the members (Ruby Angel) introduced me to her friend's forum, Cedar Woods.
Cedar Woods died about as many times as Poke-Place has, so I spread to various other forums, mostly spending time at Epiphany Gaming.
EG eventually died, and many of its members got absorbed into Monkey Productions.
Somewhere in the mess of Cedar Woods, Epiphany Gaming, and MonkeyPro, I met Ame (Cyberian at the time).
Around the time Pokemon Diamond and Pearl came out, Ame told me about his then-unnamed Pokemon forum, and I joined up.
Right before the forum died (the first time), one of us came up with the name Poke Place (I think it was me, but I'm not 100% certain).
Poke-Place died.
Ame found a new server and started it back up.
Poke-Place Reborn died.
Poke-Place Re-Reborn died.
Poke-Place [Reborn] died.
I made Ame a Poke-Place sub-forum at MonkeyPro when HGSS was announced.
Ame found a new server and started it back up for real again.
Here we are today at Poke-Place [[Reborn]].
????
Profit

Been so long ago... I don't really remember much at all.

I just remember being on MonkeyPro and Gaia a lot. I don't remember who's idea it was to start the board, me or ame, but somehow Ame got us a board and made me coadmin. All I did was create the different forums and boards with pokemon themes (todays current organisation is all ame's) while ame did all sorts of computer nerd wizardry. We started off with mostly members from monkey pro and using actual game paks and wifi... which meant the board died a few times because of the awful logistics required to coordinate such battles. Anyways, during that time I made a few small efforts to recruit from Gaia and other places, but I think only Ice remains from them. If I remember right, the forum was precipitated by the epic pokemon rp we had going.

After a while, I dropped off the radar due to the fact that my parents are nazi's when it comes to me and my gaming. They have it in their heads that i'm an addict and that's why my grades weren't up to the usual A++ par. Instead of me just being tired of all the bullshit i had to put up with to achieve some bullshit letter grade that no one really cares about, least off all me. My work at school had become taken for granted, my effort totally unappreciated, and I can count on my fingers all the interesting and/or useful things I learned from the 5 years I wasted in classes. The things I learned from my friends, especially my guru roommate Kumar... that's a whole new can of worms.

So yeah, I couldn't play much if my DS lives in another state.

After a while I come back and am totally surprised to see this place alive. And using this newfangled doodad called shoddy. Interesting. So I jump back in and make my team, which actually does well for about half the leaders. Then more stuff in life happens and I get busy or something. I can't even recall. Oh, and then the whole army training thing kept me isolated from the world outside the barracks for months.

I come back and here I am, surrounded by mostly new faces and faced with another new battle program. oh joy. >.> And that pretty much sums it up to now. I'm an old member with a new attitude, new tricks, and few ties to anyone here. That is all.

• Administrators
Yep. I met Mael on the Cheatplanet forums, and then he and I got dragged onto about seventeen incarnations of xcvb's gaming forums and then I made him join WoA. WoA filtered into PokePlace, and so on.

[quote]Poke-Place died.
Poke-Place Reborn died.
Poke-Place Re-Reborn died.
Poke-Place [Reborn] died.
I made Ame a Poke-Place sub-forum at MonkeyPro when HGSS was announced.
Ame found a new server and started it back up for real again.
Here we are today at Poke-Place [[Reborn]].[/quote]I like the naming process.

Also, it turns out I still have my logs of when things started (for me anyway) ... it's the very first thing Bear said to me on whatever account he was using at the time:
[quote]16:05:27 Bear :: Okay so brb actually but as soon as I'm back I need to talk to you about potentially running a serverthingy
16:05:36 Nyu :: Kay
16:39:43 Bear :: Okay, so hi. otherNick was trying to run it but couldn't because he was missing a library and had the wrong bit linux and god knows what else, soooo do you think you could try/keep it up?
16:40:12 Nyu :: I can try[/quote]
The End (read: Beginning).

• Administrators
*sitting here bored in class; hey, look, a nice friendly topic to type out a lengthy response to*

Once upon a time, there was a young child, named AmethystStor- wait, that wasn't my name back then. "Back then," I was still parading around as Ghaleon, the main villain from Silver Star Story, or as I knew it, Lunar Legend.
And Ghaleon became FEleonLodist became Cyberian became Euphorian became Engel im Der Regen became AmethystStorm. O hai.

Once upon a time, there was also a kid who went to my preschool. Then I dropped out of preschool because they made me take naps and naps suck. Three years pass. That kid moves in to a house just a few blocks away, and he comes over to visit. So he brings his gameboy; and I have one too of course, but whereas I only have Star Wars and Tetris for mine, he has this weird game called Pokemon (Blue version).

Pokemon, huh? I'd heard of it. I saw the first episode in school once, and I must have seen a couple others on TV. Let's see, so I knew Pikachu, and Charmander, and one of my classmates wrote a story abouyt Jigglypuff and read it to the class for Show and Tell. And it sounded dumb. I wanted nothing to do with it.

And then my friend tells me that you can find Pikachu in the forest he's in, and he hands me the gameboy, and I wander around for a little bit, and oh, look, I find a Pik- Caterpie. Boring. I handed him the game back, and we proceeded to mess around in the back yard for a while (we had a tire swing, so we made up our own competition between each other; the Tire Swing Olympics, to see who could get the highest swings, best tricks, etc... I always won of course. Maybe.) And I cared nothing more for the whole Pokemon thing.

Oh, except for the fact that I begged my dad to go out and buy it for me the next day.

Pokemon was cool and all, but it got boring after I swept the Elite 4 with my super awesome legendary bird trio for the 9001st time. So later in the year, I went over to my friend's house (same friend) and since he had no tire swing, we were always at a loss for what to do. He digs through his games and finds this one... He says he wasn't supposed to buy it, since it was violent, dealing with swords and killing things and all the stuff six year olds should have nothing to do with, but they were out of Looney Tunes games so he got it anyway. He pops it into the Gameboy, and is reminded that he got stuck at the very outset. I take over. I find a shield, and use it to push the spike sea urchins out of the way, where, and thus uncover a sword lying on a beach. Thus begins our adventure in Zelda: Link's Awakening.
Which I also begged my dad to go buy for me the next day.

Flash forward. My friend, who continues to be this friend to this day, known to the older members of this place, WoA or MP as Rhapsody, and I made a habit of creating our own Zelda Maps, games, monsters, bosses, and also our own Pokemon. I recall drawing tons of design ideas... The only ones I remember were one called Hiya (I was seven; shut up) a Fighting/Psychic type that is actually not all that different than Medicham (perhaps crossed with Mr. Mime), and a three-stage Pokemon named Tornex. It was a Wind type... Yes, I created a Wind Type, because it's different from Flying. >.>; Rhap says that I made many different types: Magnet, Book... Bread Type... I remember none of it, and insist he was lying.

Anyway, one thing lead to another, and I became interested in legitimately creating these Zelda maps, and Pokemon, so I invested time in combing the web, searching for a program with which to create these games. Four years later, I found my holy grail, in RPG Maker 2003. I joined a community called Likwid, which was active and thriving and fun and amazing and all those other things communities should be.
Among the many members there is one I recalled named Seryu. Seryu was a moderator- no, Seryu was THE Moderator. He was the guy everyone knew not to mess with because he would mess you up- and he kept the site in good, clean order. During in my stay there, it was revealed that Seryu was only 12. I was 11 at the time, but I knew that was still pretty young for the internet- and the reactions of the other members confirmed this. Most people expected a person in his early twenties, and- sites don't have mouths of course, but the community's collective jaw plummeted.

In my further pursuits, I spread out and discovered a site called Rathnar Gaming, a second RPG Maker site which I probably would not have given a second look at had it not featured a beautiful picture of a young girl cuddling an adorable wolfie... What? Anyway, I stuck around their forum, and, it wasn't nearly as active as Likwid's but far from dead. Then I saw on their site and application for staff. I clicked it, because :D? They had some correctional issues across the site I thought I could help out as a moderator. The form loaded, and I was immediately discouraged by the second field: "Age-" Well, no way they would sign on an 11 year old to help keep a bunch of 16 year olds in check, nosiree. But then I thought, if Seryu, could do it, why couldn't I? I filled out the application, and was accepted within the week.

During this time, also, there was a third RPG Making site I somehow discovered called Kobras Realm. Kobras Realm was somewhere in between the sizes of Rathnar and Likwid, but not nearly as controlled as either. In this time, decisions were made on the site via the voting of an oligarchy, the Council, who would then meet and discuss site affairs and develop new policies and make it sound all very official for not a lot of work.

However, Kobras Realm would introduce several great people to me, the first of which was a girl name trance2, but who most people here would know as Ashen. Ashen was rather assertive than one would expect from such a girl, and as such, when I arrived was a moderator of Kobras Realm. In due time, she was promoted to admin, I believe, and eventually took over running most of the site. Hm... This gives me an idea....

Likwid RPG Making was an excellent site that Rhapsody and I both stayed on for quite a while, but after a couple years slowly declined into a place that we would leave. In this time, he and I parted ways in our internet affairs (he and I still visit somewhat regularly in real life, when he's not attending MIT) as he entered the Animal Crossing fandom community where I stayed on track in Rathnar and Kobras Realm... kinda.

Although I was well known in Kobras Realm, I was never terribly active aside from addressing the questions and troubles members had in creating their games. Kobras Realm took a back seat for a very long time. Rathnar Gaming took a dramatic turn all of the sudden, changing its name to Epiphany Gaming, and suddenly turning into a Final Fantasy fan site. Well, I had no interest in Final Fantasy, so I made a quick exit and didn't look back.

Instead, I found interest in a new forum called Cheatplanet. Cheatplanet was a large-scale gaming site, much busier and more chaotic than even Likwid. I mainly kept to only a single forum, the Video Gaming Help Forum, addressing question after question about Megaman Battle Network 3. [i]I[/i] had the strategy guide, so I was always right anyways~ But that's not important. Among the many newbs who failed to solve the game's riddles, there was another name I saw fairly often, Soulstrike96. He seemed to be a good deal more intelligent than most of the members of the site, and he and I got to talking somehow or another.

Eventually, he and I were both conned into joining another members' fledgling gaming site. And that site, as most new sites are, was pure disaster. If not for the fact that it died and was revived countless times in a period of months, then for the fact that, following his example, every other member of his site also wanted to make their own site, and did so. Another interesting thing about fledgling sites is they all want their own look, a custom skin. Unfortunately, most of them being about my age, still 11 at the time, none of them knew how to make it.
...Except me, because my father was a geek, and taught me HTML and CSS scripting when I was 10 (along with other things 10 year olds should know, such as fancy names for chess strategies and epistemological theories).

It was in this way that I became the co-admin of about twenty different communities all at once.
All of which died, all at once.
In the end, only Soulstrike and I were left, and I invited him to come to my own personal forum, which he joined under the name Maelstrom.

Hm. Looks like I'll have to finish later.

Huh, I had no idea Epiphany Gaming used to be Kobra's Realm. I had heard the name before but nothing more than that. =o
So I guess that's where I first met you since I saw no mention of Cedar Woods in your tale.

Also:
[quote]And Ghaleon became FEleonLodist became Cyberian became Euphorian became Engel im Der Regen became AmethystStorm. O hai.[/quote]
What about Euphorian and Dysphorian? =p

• Administrators
Yet.
I had to go before I could finish.
And you misread. Rathnar became Epiphany. Kobras Realm is stil KR to this day.

Somewhere during all of the chaos what with everyone wanting to make their own site, well, I did too. It was... intended... to be an RPG Making Site, but, um, wasn't. It was a site where various people I knew came together because I made them. Many of them I knew from school or otherwise IRL, others carried over from Kobras Realm, those other sites (such as Maelstrom) or various friends of friends. One such person was AZKnight, at the time, FoxKnight who joined as the friend of my site's co-admin, Sir Issac (who was a girl, despite the sir.).

My site, though, supposed to be a RPG Making site, was titled after the world of the game I was developing at the time. The game was called Second Reality, and the numerous hours I put into making graphics for it account for my spriting ability that allowed me to put the leaders together. The site was called World of Aryon... Because the world that Second Reality took place in was supposed to be called Orion. But, uh, see, I was 12, and failed at spelling, and uh, I originally made it world of Arian. ...Which apparently is a Nazi thing... So we changed the spelling a few times to make it, uh, better, and by the time I figured out how it was SUPPOSED to be spelled, it was too light. And thus, WoA existed.

Before too long, however, I got an email from Vash/Strife/MCR, one of the admins of the previous Rathnar Gaming, asking me what ever happened to me. We talked a little, and, well, he told me that the Final Fantasy stage of Rathnar's incarnate, Epiphany Gaming, had only lasted a couple weeks. They were back to being an RPG Maker site. And so I went back to being a member there. It turns out, Epiphany Gaming, in my absence, had merged with a site called Cedar Woods, run by one of Rathnar's members, Rei-. Well, that was all news to me, but it was okay, because from that merge, awesome people were introduced into EG, going by names such as Lara and StarstormVGN.

It didn't take long at all for me to become an active poster, because EG's community was much like the golden era of Likwid RPG Making- everyone was very close, and just had a lot of fun, did what they needed to, etc. Only a week or two after I rejoined EG, another member did, by the name of MonkeyDog (known on here as NoGoodBoyo). Monkeydog quickly became even more active of a poster than I was, and brought along some friends of his as well. Somewhere during this time, Wildcat Dave also joined the forums... He would be known here after his prized Nidoking though, as Manowar.

Meanwhile, back at Kobras Realm, which I continued to pop into everyonce in a while, Ashen, also had gone ahead with making her own site, called Omega Sanctuary. A number of its members came from KR as well, but there was one there who I didn't recognize. He went under the name of Rekaru, and, again, I don't remember this, but he says- he PM'd me because I seemed interesting to him.

Rekaru is the kind of person who naturally speaks in such a way that makes Florinia look uneducated... He got a full ride to a private college on merit, is super involved in Key Club, used to play football- is good at basically everything.. But he adores cuteness too. When choosing what Pokemon to use, he considers their moves, their stats, and how cute they are. ...Chikorita happens to be his favorite, hence a certain adoptable. But he's an interesting person, and he was my best friend for years.

I have said this before, but- It is for Rekaru that the League was created. How or why the idea arose, I can't say, but it was a very long time ago that I decided it would be done. Despite this... He refuses to participate... But that is his choice, of course. So be it.

These various sites that I was on now, World of Aryon, Epiphany Gaming, Kobras Realm, Omega Sanctum, as well as MonkeyPro, started by the aforementioned MonkeyDog, and whatever peripheral irrelevant forums I was on at the time, fluxed in and out of activity, both overall and on my part for several years... Parallel to those, however, anticipating the release of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, I set up a new forum, PokePlace, as part of WoA. PokePlace was never intended to get big... And the league idea only happened after Rekaru (and was going to be over wifi, lol.) mentioned it... But the site was created just to be a place for the people from those sites I mentioned to have a common ground to hang out if they liked Pokemon.

It really was never anything more than a side project, which accounted for its annual death...And come summer, when there were hours to be burnt, its eventual rebirth. Thus the name. This cycle continued on for many years, but as it went, we really gained fewer and fewer members back each time. Eventually, it was Ashen of Kobras Realm and Omega Sanctum who hosted us for a year, and went on to make her own Pokemon site... Which... seems to have gone down by now. Sadness; there goes my earlier idea.

Miss Kitty I later met, lingering in the carcas of Kobras Realm (Omega Sanctum never got off the ground, and everyone went back to KR), which I believe still clings barely to life to this day... Epiphany Gaming collapsed, merging into MonkeyPro, along with World of Aryon, wherein which this past year, the league started, and died with my own mental collapse from IRL events. Then in summer, I recrafted it with the fifth or so incarnation...

And the rest, they say is history.

[color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']can you tell i got tired of writing towards the end?[/color]

Oh Ame, you did it. You made me nolstagia and remember things so casually forgotten. >.>

While you had been on the internet a while it seems, CheatPlanet was part of my first real foray onto the internet. I remember it clearly now. At the time, I was marooned in my cousin's mansion up in Maryland. That summer saw myself spending four weeks on the opposite side of the country of my usual stomping grounds. The thing was... there was nothing to do. My aunts and uncles were always out early in the moring to work and came back late in the evening, most of my cousins were elsewhere doing whatever but none of which were remotely within walking distance. The one cousin who was there was my age, but we were too different to really get along all that well.

Usually, I spent my summers playing video games and swimming in the neighborhood pool nearly every day. The internet was something I used to AIM people while ostensibly doing my homework. Not something that ate up my free time- yet. Boredom overcoming my disinterest in spending energy to make accounts on things online, I ended up discovering myspace. Still, one could only wait around for intermittent responses for so long. Then I was saved by the release of something amazing. Megaman Battle Network 3. It was pure bliss for a few days. Then I got stuck at one part requiring a code and the game gave you some numbers and the most retarded hint ever. Stuck, I was back to lurking AIM where a friend of mine told me about cheatplanet. So I joined the forum as Soulstrike96 to get the answer I so desperately needed.

I got it, but I ended up staying because I enjoyed helping out others. Having sped through most of the game and yet still a thorough searcher, I was a pro at it. It was around there that I first met Cy (Ame), and my socially inept loudmouth friend, xcvb.

Tired of being flamed for being a noob (which he was, in retrospect), xcvb created his own refuge, the Gamer's Underground board. He invited me along and granted me authy as second in command. He invited a whole bunch of other people and a small community formed. As Ame said before, the forum died and revived a few times (technical problems, emotional breakdowns, hax... you know, the usal things). And then split into multiple forums, none of which I started but all of which I was invariably given some form of authy (I was nice, respectable guy back then). And during all that time, Ame was one of our tech guys, or so I thought of them. Doing banners and skins and buttons and smilies and signature banners and stuff. My strengths lying elsewhere, I frequented the video game and soap box discussion boards. At one point there was a GU comic made in which I was the main villain, to my surprise, but it would be much later when I would come to enjoy the role of the villain.

After a time, when the forums had died down to occasional whispers, Ame invited me to his site, World of Aryon. I knew Cy had barely been active on the forums for quite some time, a good look at all the activity in WoA explained his absence. It was at WoA where I really got to learn more about Cy and meet quite the collection of characters. Rhapsody, MonkeyDog, Sakura/Uxie, Tremor, SirIsaac, Knight, Lara, Ice, Starstorm, and others... Anyways, as Cy mentioned, it was here that my name changed to Maelstrom.

[color="#FFFF00"]Such interesting stories huh Len?!?!?![/color]
[color="#00FFFF"]Some are rather sad actually Rin....[/color]
[color="#FFFF00"]Like Geo's and Mashew's?[/color]
[color="#00FFFF"]Exactly....[/color]
[color="#FFFF00"]Should we tell our story Brother??[/color]
[color="#00FFFF"]No it's rather long and boring...[/color]
[color="#FFFF00"]Noooo Fun!!![/color]
[color="#00FFFF"]Sorry Sister!..[/color]

As not to bore you with fact I'll just make my story relate to the game and the current meta :3

I was born to the Hoen region back in 2003, at that time I was friends with a male trainer named Kody, who at that time was much better than me. My tenth birthday came up and i was to go off to the Professor's Lab, to my avail there was no one there. Disappointed I made my way towards Rout 201 where I herd a shriek from a male voice sounding like "HELP!". I ran into the Forrest only to see that a Poochyena was attacking the good professor. He gave me permission to go through his bag and search for a Pokemon. Kody always told me of this one Pokemon named Treeko. To my surprise the prof. had one. I sent it out and beat the Poochyena badly. Since that day I've had respect for Sceptile and the Grass type Starters (funny story on the other games I haven't picked grass since :P). Months passed and I got bored beating the locals around and about the Hoen region. Kody, who has been my friend since I was 8 (Poke years :P) came to me hearing that I have beaten the Elite Four and had gotten stronger. We battled.... I lost.... badly... his move sets were elegant, his team was well constructed, and I was out of my league. Shook up by the loss I began to question myself, I remember clearly asking "what is a Good Trainer?". "How do I become better?" Searching for these answers I went all over my country searching for people to battle competitively. I also progressed through Kanto during this time. Kody and I had yet another battle 1 year later and I had loss yet again. Yet a year later the battle frontier was initiated and I had collected all the symbols, only to be met by a battle eager Kody. I won this time but noticed a power loss. He told me about this wierd method called EV traininig, informed me about natures influence and such. With this newly found information I restarted my training with Sceptile and my team (Sceptile, Quagsire, Salamence, Metagross, Spinda (got droped for Blissey) and Gengar)

Four years passed, I finally beat my rival Kody and I still found myself asking the question. "What is a good trainer?". "Am I good enough?".
During my contemplation, Kody came over to hand me a ticket. The ticket was for the Sinnoh league he told me that there were different species of Pokemon there that we normally couldn't catch here in Hoen. Eager to challenge the new Champion, I set out and took the cruise to Sinnoh.I left Sceptile and my other Pokemon with my mother to set out on yet another journey. I got to Sinnoh 3 days after receiving the ticket, most of these days were waisted checking on my Pokemon and Talking to my mom and the Professor who told me to head to Twinleaf town where he would have me meet a boy named Lucas. Lucas was a nice, yet oddly dressed character. He asked his mother took look out for me and they took me in with warm hearts. I wanted to wander around for a bit and there I bumped into Kody yet again use heading over to the Lake I saw a brief case this caused a flash back that lead to my first Pokemon encounter. -fin later-

I'm pretty sure Epiphany existed for like the longest time. Just it wasn't Vashy who started it.

It was OD...and other guy I used to talk to all the time. Back in like 2001ish.

Oh. I know Bear. Bear started that Poke Place forever ago but I didn't have a DS so whatever who cares. He brought it to MP, I played out of boredom. He brought it here, I joined out of boredom.

I could make a super long story but meh.

-Saw tripfags on /v/ say PO was a good battle simulator
-Thought, "An online Pokémon thing that people actually say is 'good?'"
-Check it out
-Can't go into Beta with the name "Will" since someone probably already has taken it, but I'm not aware of this at the time
-Look for a server that sounds good
-See "Gardevoir" server
-[MEMORY FOGGY]
-Came to Reborn
-Looking for means of attention
-Start writing [u]+Infinitas[/u]
-Live on in server knowing that without [u]+Infinitas[/u], I'd be an absolute nobody

...Sounds about right.

-Google "Online Pokemon" out of nostalgic longing
-Look through bunch of generic Pokemon Indigo-like sites
-Found PO; Thought it looked cool
-Downloaded and hopped on Reborn Server; thought it was a cool name
-No one was really there, left to Mysidia to see what it was like
-Actually learned to play competitive Pokemon, became good (at least better) over time
-Became angry with Mysidia's auth; thought they sometimes muted server unfairly
-Met up with a guy named...Bryce...? Opened server: Eye Of Dragon
-After no success, left and returned to Reborn remembering the only day I spent there
-Stayed, over [a long] time was modded and became card-keeper-person

Probably close enough.

I guess it's time to actually ELABORATE on my story.

Way back when, I had Pokemon Blue. And Yellow. And Red xD. And they were awesome.
Then I got Silver, and I made friends with a kid from my grade who also had it, and we played against each other a shitton of times. His Feraligatr was way overleveled, I remember.
Got Sapphire, played it for ages against the same kid, but sadfaced stuff happened; his father had a job offer in Denver, so he moved to Colorado... bad day. I stopped playing for a while...

Fast-forward to a year or so ago. There was a Wired online article about Smogon, which I had never heard of before. Looked through the pokedex, realized that I was missing quite a bit, and grabbed SoulSilver. Playing through it gave me a helluva sense of nostalgia, and when I beat Red, which I had never done before, I resolved to join Smogon and see what was up. Joined the site under the same name as I have now why not.

I was okay, I remember. Nothing special, but a fair-to-middling battler. Still remember making it to the 4th round of the Mono Tournament II, then losing to Lesm46 because of a major type disadvantage (note to self: Steel beats Flying every day of the week). Saw this new thing called Pokemon Online, figured 'what the hell', and downloaded it. Pretty cool thing, I was around Beta for a while.

Saw Reborn having only a couple people on the server at the time, went on. Still remember admitting that I sucked, then proceeding to win a tourney. xD

Not much more to tell. I got my modship, then got it lost, then noticed that I had a penguin made of evil. And cuteness.

So here we are.