Whats your Story?

Geo

Would you like me to tell my story?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Really?

• DO EEET!!!
    • Don't waste your time bro.

That's "Omengate Sanctum," Ame. But you were close!

Hmm... Where to start... Well, I want to say I met Ame first on Epiphany Gaming, back when he was known as "Cyberian." Then he migrated over to Kobra's Realm, where as he already stated, I was a moderator, and then an admin. The head of the site and I got along really well back then, and we still kinda do - we just don't talk as much anymore. During that time, I tried starting Omengate Sanctum along with King Arthur from Lunatic Gaming (another site I was relatively active on; I think I might've gotten to mod status?). I was trying to make a lighter, more "pure-hearted" RPG making site, since all the ones I knew of were all dark and stuff. I still really like the theme I had going with Omengate, but I couldn't get the manpower, nor the content, so it fell through.

Then came my continuing Pokemon craze. I ended up joining Smogon for a little bit, participating in their "training program," but that didn't last very long. Then I joined a group called "Hive," with a bunch of people from this one IRC channel. This one guy keep hitting on me in there, and I responded to that, plus I was able to do work on the site, which is always fun... He was a drifter, though. No idea what's going on with that site anymore.

After that, I made my own website for just me, rather than a community like I did with Omengate. I called it "Healberry" after the item of the same name in Wild Arms. It was really just a glorified blog with a section for all my game making. But I also opened up my doors to other people, since I knew I probably wasn't going to use all the space that was allotted to me (plus unlimited bandwidth). So Ame (then known as "Euphorian") contacted me with his problems about his RP website. I decided to go ahead and host it. When that fell through, he asked about helping with a Pokemon website, since I was working on a Pokedex on my own site. I thought it would be fun, so I helped him with at least the forum stuff, from my memory, of Poke-Place.

I wandered here and there for a couple of years, and then Ame finally finds me again a couple days ago (yesterday, as a matter of fact), and asks if Healberry's still around. I told him it might be soon, but the actual domain is long gone (though I still have much of the material in my possession backed-up). So he asks if I want to help with Poke-Place again. I said sure, and here I am!

Don't remember not having any posts though... That's what happens when sites crash, I suppose.

Also hi.

• 2 months later...
[quote]I already lost the original third home, and lost contact with almost everyone I knew from there. It wasn't easy forgetting about all of them, especially since there was a couple of them who introduced me to PO. One of them suggested we battle in Nyu? Nyu! once and that's how I met Nyu and Kyu. I moved to Quantum when Nyu? Nyu! was down since Kyu told me about it, then I moved to Reborn and stayed there.[/quote]
Alright, elaboration time~

[size="4"][b]PART ONE[/b][/size]

I used to play a MapleStory Private Server called FarmerStory, which is... a few years ago iirc. Made tons of great friends, especially those who helped me get my first Rebirth(believe me, ITS THAT HARD when you're new). Some notable ones were DawnSora (CF), Darkex (LQ), x3CokeCola(Xavier) and Monsterdance(Gwen). We were all part of CF's guild "Disneyland", the guild ranks were based on Kingdom Hearts 1. Turned out that the first three were friends irl, got their emails and kept in touch, kinda... FarmerStory then went "Open Beta" I think, and everyone was reset. CF kinda raged coz he spent quite a long time training and setting up Disneyland. LQ took the opportunity to steal someone else's IGN, I forgot what happened to Xavier and Gwen though. I recreated "Disneyland" but under a new name of "Kingdom Hearts". I told CF about it and he wished my luck but I decided to make it a private group so it ended up being a 3-man group, consisting of me, my sister and my cousin. After a few months I decided to stop playing it for a reason I forgot. [b]Note: SOME OF THE DATES MAY BE EXAGGERATED, BUT I DON'T REALLY KNOW COZ ITS BEEN A WHILE[/b] (sorry for caps)

November/December 2010:
I got bored one day and decided to go check out FarmerStory again so I went to their website. They upgraded from v75 to v83 so I decided that it would be cool to play it again. I happened to see LQ online on MSN and told him about it, turns out he knew about it but stopped playing. I got on, made more new friends. Notable ones are "Auth Group", "Vendetta Group" and "Be Yourself Group"(names are made up by me for classification).

[i]"Vendetta Group"[/i] was made up of people I met and got to know in the guild "Vendetta", inspired by the movie "V for Vendetta". Notable ones were Tim, Ray, Spongegirl(idk her real name), Cococrunch(idk her real name) and probably some others too. Tim was the leader of Vendetta and had an outfit that resembled V. He's somewhat "philosophical" for an average Singaporean. He can be pretty proud at times but nothing I can't handle. I soon adopted his look since he said he was planning to make it the guild attire. Ray was from Malaysia, he's a really great guy and a great friend, I had a lot of laughs when I'm with him. When Tim went overseas, we spent more time chatting and training, we grew closer and our relationship were as close as real-life brothers. I don't even think I argued with him at any point. Spongegirl and Cococrunch were training friends that I met through Ray. I got Tim and Ray's emails.

[i]"Auth Group"[/i] had MANY people with connections to GMs, some notable ones are Jo, Kwon, Ken, Chloe, Ashley, Thai, Eddy, Rodrick, Kieran and some others I can't recall atm. Rodrick was one of the top GMs and was the local banhammer, Kieran was a GM too, but he was 1 rank lower than Rodrick. Jo became a GM a few months later, Kwon and Ken became Interns(players with some GM powers). Kwon, Ken, Thai were always going on about playing Pokemon and stuff. They were all going on about Rodrick being unbeatable too. I ignored the chat at first and then I got interested and asked them about it. Kwon and Ken gave me the link and I downloaded it. I battled almost every FarmerStory player I could find that plays PO. I was using my first Dragon Team though :P, Kwon then finally beat me after many tries(and with the help of Ubers). He continued to beat me with his Rain Team (it was actually thanks to Genesect). Kwon used the names "Kaito" and "Watarai", Ken used "Kenny!", Thai used "THAITRANIUM, THAITHAI, PATAPATA, QUILAVA", Chloe used "ChloeDesu and Ribbons.", Rodrick uses "Derwin". I was pretty close with Jo, Kwon and Chloe. My friendship with Ken soured ever since I kept "killing" him using a special command that is used commonly by almost half the server and he got pissed off and deleted me from his buddy list. I never got the courage to talk to him about it, much less apologise. We never really talked to each other after that. I tried to talk to him indirectly at times, but he just ignores me and goes to another map. I got Jo and Rodrick's emails.
My first loss to Kwon, breaking my 15-0 streak:

[spoiler]Battle between Dragonz996 and Kaito started!

Rule: Unrated

Kaito sent out Swampert!
Dragonz996 sent out Ace Knight! (Dragonite)

Start of turn 1
Ace Knight used Draco Meteor!
The foe's Swampert lost 56% of its health!
Ace Knight's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

The foe's Swampert used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Dragonz996's team!

The foe's Swampert restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 2
Ace Knight used Draco Meteor!
The foe's Swampert lost 29% of its health!
Ace Knight's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

The foe's Swampert used Avalanche!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Ace Knight lost 323 HP! (100% of its health)
Ace Knight fainted!

Dragonz996 sent out DORA!! (Sazandora)
Pointed stones dug into DORA!!

Start of turn 3
Kaito called Swampert back!
Kaito sent out Kyogre!

The foe's Kyogre's Drizzle made it rain!
DORA! used Dark Pulse!
The foe's Kyogre lost 32% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 4
DORA!'s Quick Claw activated!
DORA! used Dark Pulse!
The foe's Kyogre lost 31% of its health!

The foe's Kyogre used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
DORA! lost 286 HP! (87% of its health)
DORA! fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Dragonz996 sent out TyrantCrunch! (Tyranitar)
Pointed stones dug into TyrantCrunch!

TyrantCrunch's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!

Start of turn 5
TyrantCrunch used Thunder Fang!
It's super effective!
The foe's Kyogre lost 35% of its health!
The foe's Kyogre fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
Kaito sent out Swampert!

Start of turn 6
TyrantCrunch used Ice Fang!
The foe's Swampert lost 13% of its health!

The foe's Swampert used Aqua Tail!
It's super effective!
TyrantCrunch lost 294 HP! (72% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 7
TyrantCrunch used Crunch!
The foe's Swampert lost 19% of its health!
The foe's Swampert fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
Kaito sent out Flygon!

Dragonz996: wads musical chairs

Start of turn 8
The foe's Flygon used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
TyrantCrunch lost 60 HP! (14% of its health)
TyrantCrunch fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
Kaito: not sure
Dragonz996 sent out GyaraDragon! (Gyarados)
Pointed stones dug into GyaraDragon!

GyaraDragon intimidates the foe's Flygon!
The foe's Flygon's Attack fell!

Start of turn 9
Kaito called Flygon back!
Kaito sent out Uxie!

GyaraDragon used Ice Fang!
The foe's Uxie lost 18% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Uxie is buffeted by the sandstorm!
GyaraDragon is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 10
The foe's Uxie used Light Screen!
Light Screen raised Kaito's team special defense!

GyaraDragon used Waterfall!
The foe's Uxie lost 30% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Uxie is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 11
Kaito called Uxie back!
Kaito sent out Cresselia!

GyaraDragon used Waterfall!
The foe's Cresselia lost 25% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Cresselia is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Cresselia restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 12
The foe's Cresselia used Calm Mind!
The foe's Cresselia's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's Cresselia's Sp. Def. rose!

The foe's Cresselia lost 15% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 13
The foe's Cresselia used Calm Mind!
The foe's Cresselia's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's Cresselia's Sp. Def. rose!

A critical hit!
The foe's Cresselia lost 30% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 14
The foe's Cresselia used Psychic!
GyaraDragon lost 149 HP! (44% of its health)
GyaraDragon fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
Dragonz996 sent out Salamence!
Pointed stones dug into Salamence!

Salamence intimidates the foe's Cresselia!
The foe's Cresselia's Attack fell!

Start of turn 15
Salamence used Flamethrower!
The foe's Cresselia lost 7% of its health!

Salamence lost 195 HP! (58% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
Salamence is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 16
Salamence used Flamethrower!
The foe's Cresselia lost 7% of its health!

Salamence lost 34 HP! (10% of its health)
Salamence fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
Dragonz996: why does he still have choice specs
Dragonz996: i removed them
Dragonz996 sent out Garchomp!
Pointed stones dug into Garchomp!

Start of turn 17
Garchomp used Dragon Claw!
A critical hit!
The foe's Cresselia lost 13% of its health!
The foe's Cresselia fainted!

Kaito's light screen wore off!
The sandstorm rages!
Garchomp restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Kaito sent out Flygon!

Start of turn 18
The foe's Flygon used Outrage!
It's super effective!
Garchomp lost 354 HP! (98% of its health)

Garchomp used Dragon Rush!
It's super effective!
The foe's Flygon lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Flygon fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
Garchomp restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Kaito sent out Uxie!

Start of turn 19
Garchomp used Dragon Claw!
The foe's Uxie lost 27% of its health!

The foe's Uxie used U-turn!
Garchomp lost 26 HP! (7% of its health)
Garchomp fainted!

Kaito won the battle!
Kaito: -giggles-
Dragonz996: That was a great battle, I will beat you the next time!
Dragonz996: DAMN
Dragonz996: grats
Kaito: You
Dragonz996: 15-1
Kaito: are good.
Kaito: >.>
Kaito: srz[/spoiler]

[i]"Be Yourself Group"[/i] was the group where I could really be myself, and not act like someone I'm not. Notable people were Gwen(from v75) and SoShiYoona(forgot his name, addressed him as Yoona anyway), and some of Yoona's "fans". Gwen found me one day when I was hanging out with "Auth Group" and she immediately recognised me since I used the same IGN(Dragonz996. believe me, I use it in everything). I met Yoona through her and we really had a lot of funny moments and fun times. There was even one time where Gwen and I acted as if we were going to have underage sex at her place and thanks to my awesome acting, someone actually believe it and freaked out. I got both Gwen and Yoona's emails, but among the 3 groups, Gwen is the one that I'm closer to since we met in v75 and she's only 1 year older than me.

It was then revealed that FarmerStory was closing down because Nexon threatened to sue the owner, it was really emotional and you can literally feel it by the way people are acting. I can't recall much but everyone was really sad. I can't describe it but it made me feel like crying, losing contact with half my friends since they weren't online at that time... I got some of their emails though, but that small amount can't compensate for the large amounts of friends I made.

[size="4"][b]PART TWO[/b][/size]

Pokemon Online Story:
Late December 2010:
As stated above, I started out in Nyu? Nyu! when Kwon and I were finding a place to battle. We met Nyu and Kyu who were testing out scripts and it was pretty cool. Kyu then told me that he was usually at Quantum and Nyu scripts for Reborn. When Nyu? Nyu! was down, I went to Quantum and spent some time there, and in the process making friends with Striker. After a while, I found that Quantum was empty, then I remembered Kyu mentioning Nyu being at Reborn. I went in and Nyu was there, being the usual quiet person that he usually is on Reborn. I forgot about my earliest memory of Reborn, but I do remember Ame and Ashley coz Ame was helping Ashley make a league team since Ashley decided to challenge the league. I submitted my first Dragon Team but it failed so bad that I kept changing teams, switching from Dragon to Rain, and sticking to Rain but switched 1 or 2 Pokemon.

February 2010:
After FarmerStory shut down, I never saw anyone of them on Pokemon Online anymore. Except for Eddy, he used the name "withlove" and he was the last FarmerStory player that I battled. Out of everyone I knew in FarmerStory-Pokemon Online, Kwon had the greatest influence on me, being the person I battled most. As most of you know, I'm using a Rain Team for League now. That was out of tribute to Kwon, since I battled his Rain team the most times. I've been trying to find Kwon, Chloe and Thai on PO by checking with Ame/Ice, but it seems that they stopped playing...

Present Time:
I must say I'm proud of myself, I went from the "newbie in PO" to "The Trollin' Asian". From "the guy who has a losing streak to entry leaders" to "the guy with 5 badges". This was the place I learned how to troll, thanks to Neku mostly. I'm too lazy to think about what to type anymore and its midnight here as I type, so I'm just gonna end here.

Oh, the Dragonz you see on Reborn isn't the real me. I only act like myself when I'm hanging out with the "Be Yourself Group", so you guys don't really know me personally. Which is why I don't upload my photo and reveal many things about myself.

Well i met mael, a year later after me knowing him, he was like PLAY PO! and i was like, nah im good

a few months later mael was Play PO, and again i was like nah i'm good

then finally i was like "ok i'll give it a shot" i asked what server to use and he told me go to the reborn server and gave me a link to the forums...

after all that i met all you lame peoples, and somehow i keep comming back... leh sigh...

• 1 month later...
My story is a simple one.
You have probably noticed my realation with mikey as complete opposites correct?
Well... Ive known him for five years now.
he got me into pokemon, and damn Im glad he got me into PO

Reborn was the first place he took me and, frankly its the only server I like to come to, due to the very, very nice tiers. (seriously, almost every where are turning to trololololololol's rules)

and thats how I got here

[color="#9932CC"]No time to post my whole story. Quick Overview

(1. Started playing pokemon around age 3. (yup)
(2. My parents divorce forced me farther into pokemon
(3. Played on MANY battle sims, and is known as Dark_Swampert on many of em. (Srsly google it and I can point out all mai avatars)
(4. (skipping a couple years) I read about PO and decided to download it
(5. Hung around NA and quantum
(6. I bet the NA E4 that I could sweep all of them (and I did.)
(7. NA died, and got bored of quantum
(8. Came of reborn, registered and did the whole nine. (I challenged Fern my first time, and was close D:)
(9. I'm a regular and now enjoy calling myself a ninja[/color]

Hmm, here goes nothing:

- Have been involved in pokemon since I was nine.
- First game was Yellow when I was 10.
- Then came Gold/Crystal when I was 11.
- After that, I took a hiatus until I was 16.
- Pressure from my LAST EVER exam in high school made me resort to Crystal for relaxation XD
- Replayed Yellow.
- GBC breaks down, was sad (and obsolete, so no replacements available).
- One year hiatus.
- Read an incredible fanfiction novel, and got inspired to reenter the world of pokemon games.
- Finished Sapphire.
- Began writing fanfiction for pokemon again, and also battling on Pokemon Online.
- One day when PBC/Smogon/PO were overcrowded, happened to come across the Reborn Server.
- The rest is history.