[IC]TotMG:V2 - Hyperdimension: Return of the Four Felons

StormLord

Lyra

After catching her breath, Lyra stood up to check over the others... and realized something was wrong. Very wrong. Things tended to get quiet after fights, yes, but... nothing like this. Trying her best to conceal her fear, Lyra gripped her wrench tightly once more and...

Waited.

Even if whatever was causing this was something that could be hit with a wrench, what was she going to do? On monstrosities like Trick and the avatar of Greed, she'd barely done anything at all.

Well, Lyra mused, even if her attacks couldn't make a dent, she could at distract it for a few seconds at least...

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Are we being jammed?"  Saejik gives his commlink a solid whack, before clipping it to his belt sharply when this fails to make it work better, "Come on, Lyra, get up," He shakes the girl's shoulder, "I don't think we're quite done here."

Four silver spears drop out of nothing and embed in the ground at each corner of the Deity of Greed's 'corpse', each with a head that offered a blade on one side and three spikes on the other, fading from silver to red at the base.  The butt end of the spear formed a cross of three similar spikes again fading red towards their base.

Perched floating atop each spear appears a humanoid figure of silver and dark grey with dragon like features for its hands, feet, and head, a tail and wings, and belts of red cloth wrapped around its neck and torso.  A stark white emblem is emblazoned on its thigh of an inverted heart with a cross of three spike emerging upward from the point.  The figures warble and twist unnaturally as they float in place, defying gravity.

A thin vertical black line appears between the party and the corpse, it opens into an archway from which a figure wearing a heavily obscuring black coat and gloves steps before it closes behind them.  With only the jingle of a few chains the figure turns to assess the corpse behind it.  Glancing over it as they speak to the party in a low feminine voice.

"My you really did a number on this one.  Almost killed it, so to speak."

She, whoever she is, turns back around, offering no further hint of her identity behind the impenetrable hood.

"Any questions, complaints, objections before we take it from here?"

"Objections, I can think of a few.  Starting with us not being finished killing that thing," Saejik stands tall, hands clasped behind his back as he turns to face the new arrivals, "It's with the world-eating vermin.  It needs to be terminated.  It certainly isn't safe if we let someone else run off with it."

The figure shakes her head slowly.

"I'm afraid letting you do that isn't an option.  It isn't very useful 'dead'."

She reaches one hand out and waves it slowly in front of her causing purple and black flames to flare in the air immediately in front of her.  Sixteen large octahedrons with elongated points appear in the air there, seemingly made of stone about a foot across and two tall.  Each flat face is covered in intricate interlocking runes that form hundreds of bizarre shapes.  After a moment the stones begin to float on their own, socketing into place to form a wide ring around the Deity of Greed.

"You can try to stop me, if you want."

She shrugs slowly and folds her hands together in front of herself.

"We aren't worshiping them if it makes you feel any better though."

Mira

Once the first spear impacted with the ground, Mira spun around, taking in the appearance of the odd, draconic humanoids before switching her attention to the black line, and shortly after, the black hooded figure that stepped out of it. As Saejik objected to their demand/request, Mira simply stood where she was, taking stock of the new arrival and their creatures... Before simply tilting her head forward, as if glaring at the hooded figure, "Step aside, now. Unless you want to join that creature in the afterlife." she stated, welling up as much Magra as she could in order to distort the sound of her voice, returning it to the deep and distorted state that she generally reserved for out of combat situations.

Or, in this case, near-combat situations.

Lyra

"M-Mira, Mira, please... L-let's not antagonize them right away, all right?"

Lyra's words sounded hollow and desperate even to her. She knew it was a futile effort... but she at least had to try. Something about this whole situation seemed... very wrong, and immediately spoiling for a fight wouldn't help anyone at all. Quickly turning towards the figure, Lyra tried to think of something to defuse the situation with...

"P-please excuse her, all right? W-we've just had a big fight and we're all a little stressed out. Our employers didn't inform us of your arrival - you know how higher-ups can be, I'm sure. Can you at least tell us who you are and what your intend to do with the creature?

I-I'm Lyra, by the way. Lyra Concept," She added, almost as an afterthought. Voidmother, Lyra hoped that this wouldn't turn violent. If it did... Oh, her vow to not help Mira seemed so petty and stupid now. She couldn't do much to help, but at the same time, she couldn't just do nothing...

Perlita let out a looooooooooooooong sigh, and then a "Uuugggghhh..." as she puts her hands to her face and rubbed some of the setting exhaustion out of her eyes for a moment. Of course, things couldn't just be done when they were done. But it wasn't just the arrival of this Trespasser-harvesting(?) weirdo that frustrated Perlita. No, what really got at her more than anything else was that Perlita absolutely could not believe that she was about to side with Mira here. "I... oh, boy, I think Mira is actually right. There's no way she isn't being mysterious on purpose about this... I mean, saying "they" don't worship the Trespassers leaves the door open for a lot, and I'm sure she chose her words carefully."

Perlita brought a palm to her face again. This wasn't getting any odder the more she spoke, and she found that typical apprehensive tightening of her chest as she was about to launch herself into another vicious life-or-death combat. But... well... "We... can't really let people take advantage of all the death and destruction these things bring for their own profit, which I guess is really what this sounds like to me. 'specially because I guess that sort of thing also just... like... um... it strikes me as really risking the Trespassers in question being active again. But it's also... it's also just wrong to turn this into some sort of opportunity! Unless she has some sort of good explanation, but I think she's holding out on us because she doesn't really have that sort of thing."  

"It's likely she's holding out because her explanation is either unbelievable, or does in fact run contrary to our interests.  She's banking on us not being prepared for another battle so soon, and her jamming device preventing any outside forces from interfering.  And yet, the presence of such measures suggests that she is not confident an altercation would go in her favor, does it not?  If we needed any further persuasion, refraining from worshipping the Trespasser does not in my eye have any correlation to how dangerous the creatures are.  Correct me, my comrades, if in your experience this is a flawed assumption?"

Saejik's Stormtroopers none-too-subtly position themselves between the elderly officer and the new arrivals as he rests his right hand on his blaster's handle, "So...  Do we want to fight this woman now?  Or fight the inevitable results of her failure to contain whatever she plans to make of this creature later?"

The figure shifts to meet Mira's shrouded gaze with her own.

"If your employer has chosen not to inform you of my organization I'm not surprised.  They aren't well known for being open with information.  Regardless our ultimate goals align, even if our methods do not."

She raises one hand to her side and allows a fine sparkling gold dust to sprinkle out onto the ground.  An unfelt wind picks it up in large sweeping whirls that drift back to the Hedrons. 

"Truly I don't need your permission, and the 'jamming'? was to prevent my target from escaping, not you from interfering."

The coating of fine dust causes the runes on their surface to glow as they absorb it and come to life, spinning with a soft hum and emitting a pale field around the corpse.

"I don't really want to waste time fighting you, and eleven to five isn't exactly a fair fight.  But I'll give you this option, if you really want to try and stop me I'll fight two of you without my backup and if you win I'll answer one question and make sure you don't leave empty handed."

Aside from their slow sway the spear wielding creatures don't react to anything going on around them aside from to watch quietly.

Mira

"Fine" Mira stated simply, rolling the shoulder of her sword arm back in preparation. She was certain that they could take the figure and their posse, but a 2 on 1, even if it was still stacked against the figure, was acceptable enough. It would make things faster at the very least. Though, truth be told, she didn't exactly care about the offer of one question, she really only had her sights on the Trespasser itself.

She was ordered to kill the damn thing, and she wasn't going to half ass it.

Lyra

Lyra didn't say anything as she stood up, wrench in hands, and moved over to Mira's side. She knew next to Mira's sword her own attacks would be as nothing, but she could at least distract or hinder... whoever the figure was.

After being such a hindrance to the others, it was the least she could do.

With a flash of light in each hand the figure armed herself.  In one hand a metal shield painted blue with three yellow triangles pointing inward from the edge and a yellow triskele in the center.  In the other a mechanical double-crossbow loaded with distinctly purple-tipped bolts.  The edges of her silhouette blur, shake, and sparkle a faint yellow as she steps forward.

"Let's get this over with."

Init:

Spoiler

8 Lyra

6 Mysterious Figure

0 Mira

Spoiler

Lyra: Helathy,

Mira: Healthy,

Mysterious Figure: Healthy,

Theme:

Spoiler

Mira

In response to the flash of light, the dark shroud of Magra that hung around Mira began to thicken, swirling around her body as she took a step forward herself, sword still hovering just above the ground.

Mira begins the fight by using the Helmet of Judge in order to view the Mysterious Figure's HP, or at least attempt to. Then she'll use her actual action to attack with Black Heart, dealing 6d8+11 damage and gaining a stack of greed. She currently has 1 Magra, and will gain an extra bit of Magra in two turns.

Loadout

Spoiler

Perks

Magra
Mira specializes in using an energy she creates inside of her called Magra, which she specifically uses for attacks. She always starts with at least 1 Magra unless specified otherwise, but can carry over Magra from a previous fight if it was higher than 1, and can have a maximum of 8 Magra. At the end of each turn, Mira gains 2 Magra.

Rending Combination
Due to years of training and mastering of her own internal power, Mira both knows and is capable of using her talents in quick succession. Mira can use up to two separate Magra costing actions per turn.

Unstable (Flaw)
Mira is the carrier of the prototype Magra generator, which can become unstable if met with other instances of magic. Any magic attack that connects with Mira deals 50% more damage.

Stats:

Constitution: 12
Dexterity: 0
Intelligence: 0
Strength: 11
Synergy: 7+5 (12)

Action slots: 8/8

Magra Generator: Mira’s heart is a generator, one that creates energy known as Magra, which is something Mira can use as an offensive tool. Every two turns, Mira gains 1 extra Magra.
- Level 1: Every four turns, Mira gains one extra Magra.
- Level 2: Decreased to one Magra every three turns.
- Level 3: Decreased to one Magra every two turns. This frequency cannot be increased further.

Cell Repair: Mira uses some of her Magra to accelerate her healing process than what is considered normal. Heals herself for 3d6+Syn outright, and can use up to eight Magra to add 1d6 to the heal each, or cleanse a debuff.
- Requires 1 Magra minimum
- Level 1: Mira heals herself for (1d6+SYN) health. She is capable of using more Magra for healing, which adds another 1d6 for each Magra used.
- Level 2: Healing increased by 1d6.
- Level 3: Healing increased by 1d6.
- Level 4: Instead of adding an extra 1d6 by spending extra Magra, she can instead cleanse a debuff on herself for every Magra spent.

Lunar Stance: Mira readies for an enemy’s attack, preparing to counter the second they try to strike her. Cancels the first attack made against her in the turn, and deals (Equipment Damage+3d6) damage to the attacker.
- Requires 2 Magra
- Level 1: If Mira is attacked during the round Lunar Stance is used, she automatically cancels any damage from a single enemy and attacks them for (Equipment Damage+1d6). If Mira is not attacked, she still uses the Magra for this action.
- Level 2: Damage increased by 1d6.
- Level 3: Damage increased by 1d6.
- Level 4: This action now has priority, activating before other (non-priority) actions.

Half Moon: Crescent Slash: Mira drags her weapon through the ground, then slashes upwards, sending both parts of the ground and a wave of Magra out towards the enemy. Deals (Equipment Damage+4d6) damage to a single target.
- Requires 4 Magra
- Level 1: Mira deals (Equipment Damage+3d6) damage to a single target.
- Level 2: Extra damage increased by 1d6.

Full Moon: Restriction Release: Mira puts her Magra generator into overdrive. When activated, this action gives Mira unlimited Magra for 4 turns, but locks up Shattered Moon: Eclipse. After 4 turns, the effect wears off and Mira is unable to generate Magra for two turns.
- Requires 8 Magra
- Level 1: After activation, Mira is capable of using Magra indefinitely for 4 turns. However, during this time, Shattered Moon: Eclipse is completely locked. After 4 turns, Mira is incapable of generating Magra for 2 turns, but immediately regenerates Magra at the end of the 2nd turn cooldown. If the battle ends before Full Moon: Restriction Release is finished, Mira will start the next battle with only one Magra.
- If Cell Repair is used during Full Moon: Restriction Release, it is treated as if Mira had only four Magra available.

(Equipment) Black Heart (10 Weight): Mira’s personal sword, a rather long, one handed blade made out of black metal. Deals 6d8+Strength damage.
- Level 1: Deals 3d8+Strength damage to a single target.
- Level 2: Damage increased by 1d8
-Level 3: Damage increased by 1d8
- (Craft) Level 4: Damage increased by 1d8. Bonus towards Magra infusion on this weapon.
- (Craft) Level 5: Aura of Greed: Once per round when Mira lands a weapon attack Black Heart gains one charge.  Mira gains +1 Syn  and -1 global DR for every two charges Black Heart possesses.  Black Heart loses all charges at the end of each encounter.

(Equipment) Mira’s Armor: The armor of the “Dark One”, Mira. Rusted, old, and cracked, yet durable enough to continue protecting its user from harm. Gives +4 Damage Reduction against Piercing/slashing attacks, and gives a +1 Damage Reduction against all physical attacks, but lowers initiative by 4-Strength (to a minimum of 0).
- Level 1: +1 Damage Reduction against piercing/slashing attacks, but lowers Initiative by 4-Strength (to a minimum of 0)
- Level 2: Damage Reduction increased by +1
- Level 3: Damage Reduction increased by +1
- Level 4: Damage Reduction increased by +1
- (Craft) Level 5: Damage Reduction +1 against all types of physical attacks.

(Equipment) Helmet of the Judge: 
- Level 3: Once per combat as a free action Libra one target revealing their HP and a small blurb of information if able.

- (Craft) Level 4: Can be used twice in an encounter, but costs 1 Magra to use the second time.

Lyra

As soon as the lady finished speaking, Lyra dashed forward and struck her with her wrench. Mess up her attacks so they couldn't hit as hard. Simple.

Lyra uses Fiasco to perform Crush twice! She will hit for 4d4+10 damage twice and reduce the Mysterious Figure's damage output by LVL/2 points for two turns twice!

Adrenaline: Ready!

Blur: 0/3 Attacks

Fiasco: Ready!

Concussion: Ready!

Taunt: Ready!

Swapper: Ready!

Character Sheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jUJNdZRBFSjJKpAIqAFU4L1_UXf1qcSLfgr7KRJtwsU/edit?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Lyra's movements are swift and seemingly unpredicted, her first hit lands true, though her second is caught on the rim of a shield.  Lyra deals 25 and 11 damage, applying Crush twice.

The figure shifts her weight into her shield, forcing Lyra to back off just as she heard the sound of the mechanical crossbow cycling, she dodged the first hit, but still felt a sharp pinprick in her abdomen.
The Figure hits Lyra with Torpor Shot twice dealing [Dodge] and 16 damage.

Mira finds her helmet unable to get a true reading on the figure.

Spoiler

Error.  Error: Unknown exception.  Failure to complete reading.  Non-Euclidian movement detected.

Hp: 150?

Dashing in with her own blade Mira too catches the rim of the figure’s shield with her attack, only dealing 16 damage.

Spoiler

Lyra: 62/78,

Mira: 90/90,

Mysterious Figure: 98/150,

Mira does it again, attacking the figure with Black Heart to deal another 6d8+11 damage and gain another stack of Greed, reducing her DR by 1 but giving her +1 Syn. She now has 3 Magra, and will gain an extra bit in her next turn.

Loadout

Spoiler

Perks

Magra
Mira specializes in using an energy she creates inside of her called Magra, which she specifically uses for attacks. She always starts with at least 1 Magra unless specified otherwise, but can carry over Magra from a previous fight if it was higher than 1, and can have a maximum of 8 Magra. At the end of each turn, Mira gains 2 Magra.

Rending Combination
Due to years of training and mastering of her own internal power, Mira both knows and is capable of using her talents in quick succession. Mira can use up to two separate Magra costing actions per turn.

Unstable (Flaw)
Mira is the carrier of the prototype Magra generator, which can become unstable if met with other instances of magic. Any magic attack that connects with Mira deals 50% more damage.

Stats:

Magra Generator: Mira’s heart is a generator, one that creates energy known as Magra, which is something Mira can use as an offensive tool. Every two turns, Mira gains 1 extra Magra.
- Level 3: Decreased to one Magra every two turns. This frequency cannot be increased further.

Cell Repair: Mira uses some of her Magra to accelerate her healing process than what is considered normal. Heals herself for 3d6+Syn outright, and can use up to eight Magra to add 1d6 to the heal each, or cleanse a debuff.
- Level 1: Mira heals herself for (1d6+SYN) health. She is capable of using more Magra for healing, which adds another 1d6 for each Magra used.
- Level 4: Instead of adding an extra 1d6 by spending extra Magra, she can instead cleanse a debuff on herself for every Magra spent.

Lunar Stance: Mira readies for an enemy’s attack, preparing to counter the second they try to strike her. Cancels the first attack made against her in the turn, and deals (Equipment Damage+3d6) damage to the attacker.
- Requires 2 Magra
- Level 1: If Mira is attacked during the round Lunar Stance is used, she automatically cancels any damage from a single enemy and attacks them for (Equipment Damage+1d6). If Mira is not attacked, she still uses the Magra for this action.
- Level 4: This action now has priority, activating before other (non-priority) actions.

Half Moon: Crescent Slash: Mira drags her weapon through the ground, then slashes upwards, sending both parts of the ground and a wave of Magra out towards the enemy. Deals (Equipment Damage+4d6) damage to a single target.
- Requires 4 Magra

Full Moon: Restriction Release: Mira puts her Magra generator into overdrive. When activated, this action gives Mira unlimited Magra for 4 turns, but locks up Shattered Moon: Eclipse. After 4 turns, the effect wears off and Mira is unable to generate Magra for two turns.
- Requires 8 Magra
- Level 1: After activation, Mira is capable of using Magra indefinitely for 4 turns. However, during this time, Shattered Moon: Eclipse is completely locked. After 4 turns, Mira is incapable of generating Magra for 2 turns, but immediately regenerates Magra at the end of the 2nd turn cooldown. If the battle ends before Full Moon: Restriction Release is finished, Mira will start the next battle with only one Magra.
- If Cell Repair is used during Full Moon: Restriction Release, it is treated as if Mira had only four Magra available.

(Equipment) Black Heart (10 Weight): Mira’s personal sword, a rather long, one handed blade made out of black metal. Deals 6d8+Strength damage.
- (Craft) Level 4: Damage increased by 1d8. Bonus towards Magra infusion on this weapon.
- (Craft) Level 5: Aura of Greed: Once per round when Mira lands a weapon attack Black Heart gains one charge.  Mira gains +1 Syn  and -1 global DR for every two charges Black Heart possesses.  Black Heart loses all charges at the end of each encounter.

(Equipment) Mira’s Armor: The armor of the “Dark One”, Mira. Rusted, old, and cracked, yet durable enough to continue protecting its user from harm. Gives +4 Damage Reduction against Piercing/slashing attacks, and gives a +1 Damage Reduction against all physical attacks, but lowers initiative by 4-Strength (to a minimum of 0).
- Level 1: +1 Damage Reduction against piercing/slashing attacks, but lowers Initiative by 4-Strength (to a minimum of 0)

- Level 3: Once per combat as a free action Libra one target revealing their HP and a small blurb of information if able.

- (Craft) Level 4: Can be used twice in an encounter, but costs 1 Magra to use the second time.

Lyra

Upon seeing the results of her handiwork, Lyra grinned. They were making progress already. Now to put the enemy off balance.

"Hey! I thought you said we were going to fight! You're supposed to start doing that now!"

Lyra Taunts the Mysterious Figure, forcing them to attack her for 3 turns (though they don't have to attack)! This move counts as an attack for the purpose of triggering Blur!

Adrenaline: Cooling Down. 0/3 turns left...

Blur: 2/3 Attacks

Fiasco: Cooling Down. 0/3 turns left...

Taunt: Ready!

Character Sheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jUJNdZRBFSjJKpAIqAFU4L1_UXf1qcSLfgr7KRJtwsU/edit?usp=sharing

The Figure doesn’t directly reply to Lyra’s taunt, but she can see a slight shift in attitude as to who the crossbow seeks out this turn.

The Mysterious Figure cycles her crossbow again, this time a smoking bluish bolt fires out and hits Lyra, dealing 23 damage and reinvigorating the Figure for 11 HP.

Mira’s second attack slams through the Figure’s shield for 37 damage.

Spoiler

Lyra: 39/78,

Mysterious Figure: 72/150,

Lyra

Ouch. She was just a little too slow to dodge that one. No matter. Breathe in, breathe out. Stay focused, stay standing - the wounds can be treated after the fight's over.

Lyra uses Breathe, restoring 3d6+8 HP to herself and removing all debuffs from herself.

Adrenaline: Cooling Down. 1/3 turns left...

Blur: Ready!

Fiasco: Cooling Down. 1/3 turns left...

Taunt: Cooling Down. 0/3 turns left...

Mira, surprisingly enough, doesn't do the same thing again. Instead, she spends 4 Magra to use Crescent Slash, attacking the Figure for 6d8+4d6+11 damage. She now has 2 Magra, and will gain an extra bit in two turns.

Loadout

Spoiler

Perks

Magra

Rending Combination

Unstable (Flaw)

Stats:

- Requires 2 Magra

- Requires 4 Magra

- Requires 8 Magra

Lyra’s breathing exercise really does help to calm her nerves and restore 20 HP.

The figure’s crossbow cycles to load new shots, but she doesn’t fire yet.  Instead her silhouette gets increasingly unstable.

Mira’s Crescent Slash comes crashing down, passing straight through the figure with a splash of yellow dust.  Or rather where the figure had been, Mira could feel the hairs on the back of her neck stand up as she felt the figure rematerialize behind her and fire off two shots towards Lyra.

Lyra dodges the first attack but takes the second squarely for 29 damage.

Status

Spoiler

Lyra: 30/78,

Mysterious Figure: 72/150, Taunt(Lyra, 1)

Lyra

Glitching, huh? Two could play at that game. Perhaps not now, however - she could see Mira at the edge of her vision, preparing another swing. Lyra performed an attack of her own - this one not meant to kill, but to incapacitate.

Lyra attacks the Mysterious Figure with Concussion, dealing 1d6 damage and stunning her for one turn!

Adrenaline: Cooling Down. 2/3 turns left...

Blur: 0/3 attacks left...

Fiasco: Cooling Down. 2/3 turns left...

Taunt: Cooling Down. 1/3 turns left...

Mira

For an instant, Mira actually had to prevent herself from letting out a 'what' in response to the figure disappearing into yellow dust, but a momentary slip in her defenses was all she was willing to offer as she spun around, dragging her sword behind her before swinging it up at the figure once again, a mixture of Magra and earth being flung alongside the swing.

Mira uses Crescent Slash again, still wanting that 6d8+4d6+11 damage. She now has 0 Magra, but will gain an extra bit in 1 turn.

Loadout

Spoiler

Perks

Magra

Rending Combination

Unstable (Flaw)

Stats:

- Requires 2 Magra

- Requires 4 Magra

- Requires 8 Magra

Lyra’s wrench clatters against the Figure’s shield, rattling a glancing blow that deals 4 damage and reduces her action effectiveness by 50%.

Staggered the Figure loads another blue crossbow bolt and fires it at Lyra, dealing 9 damage and gaining 5 HP.

Mira’s second Crescent Slash lands hard this time, impacting the Figure’s shield hard enough to push her back several feet in the gravel-like wasteland they were fighting in.  Mira deals 32 damage.

Spoiler

Lyra: 21/78,

Mysterious Figure: 41/150,