A quest through the "correct path" [SPOILERS INSIDE]

ArcanaShift

Okay, everyone, I joined this community a few days ago because I had just finished Episode 8 and wanted to show my gratitude to Amethyst for creating such an amazing game. I'm a passionated Jrpg gamer, I completed about 60 games of this genre, yet I still find that Reborn is pretty amazing even compared to high budget projects and games that are considered masterpieces all around the web. It has everything I could ask from a game: monster training (Pokémon are the best at this, together with the SMT series), great characters, interesting NPC and a cool, dark plot. Congrats, again.

Actually, I enjoy the game so much that I decided to create a new save file to follow the correct path, that is created through choosing certain decisions throughout the game and will eventually lead to a possible True Ending, when the final release will come. My goal in creating this thread is to organize all the correct actions to follow this path in a list for everyone to consult, myself in the first place.

tl;dr what are the choices to take for the "correct path"?

Short of the officers, I'd like to think that there wouldn't necessarily be 'bad endings' or ones that are worse.

You can fight Sirius or Sigmund. I didn't know this but I'd still whoop Sigmund, the sadistic bastard, over Sirius any day. There's no varying text if you beat the Garchomp because Ame didn't expect anyone to beat it. You can apparently battle El too.

• Administrators

There's no bad ending or anything like that, just a normal one... and then one that might go a little bit further.

However, I'd suggest not aiming for that until the full release, as I won't be including everything necessary for it, until then.

All right, then I guess I'll drop the idea until then. Thanks to everyone for your answers.

By the way, just for the record, this is what we've gathered this far:

-Find the 5 policemen before the boss fight against ZEL and Taka

-Defeat Solaris and his Lv.75 Garchomp

-Refuse to fight Sigmund in the Yureyu Tower and proceed to fight Sirius instead

-Fight El before you face Bennett

Is that it, up until now?

Forget Sirius, please beat the living shit out of Sigmund :I

There's um... Ame could make a small choice in Obsidia Park, where you save either Rini or Amaria, that could have some small effect; not that I see it, but it's a thought.

All right, then I guess I'll drop the idea until then. Thanks to everyone for your answers.

By the way, just for the record, this is what we've gathered this far:

-Find the 5 policemen before the boss fight against ZEL and Taka

-Defeat Solaris and his Lv.75 Garchomp

-Refuse to fight Sigmund in the Yureyu Tower and proceed to fight Sirius instead

-Fight El before you face Bennett

Is that it, up until now?

I don't think beating the Garchomp would be a requirement given that the dialogue contines as if you had lost to him but it'd be awesome to aim for that anyway.

Also, does anyone know how you would even go about battling El?

Edited by Zer0

I don't think beating the Garchomp would be a requirement given that the dialogue contines as if you had lost to him but it'd be awesome to aim for that anyway.

Also, does anyone know how you would even go about battling El?

You speak to him before you battle Bennett, I believe.

• 6 months later...
-Find the 5 policemen before the boss fight against ZEL and Taka.
-Refuse to fight Sigmund in the Yureyu Tower and proceed to fight Sirius instead.
-Fight El before you face Bennett.
-After fighting Sigmund, go and protect the kids in the kitchen. ( I liked this decision more this way, Sigmund takes a Hyper Beam to the face!! ;D)
-Choosing between El or Radomus... I think there isn't too much difference on the results here.
-Defeat El's Ditto.

Well, those were the choices I made on my playthrough, so I guess I'm heading to the right way...

Hell yeah~ 0cFvZTz.png

Hmm I see, well I sided with Radomus, so... that means i'm a step closer to see Radomus becoming a bad guy or something? Because i'm more than ready to take that Amethyst pendant from him if I have to.
I love this game...

Near the end (right before you start the first chess puzzle i think) of the most recent episode, SPOIler Alert?!?!

reminds me of how in 'A series of Unfortunate Events' count olaf always managed to disguise himself to the children' new guardians, In regards to the new butler, I feel like Radomus is falling for this same mistake, (or maybe is complicit????)

-Find the 5 policemen before the boss fight against ZEL and Taka.
-Refuse to fight Sigmund in the Yureyu Tower and proceed to fight Sirius instead.
-Fight El before you face Bennett.
-After fighting Sigmund, go and protect the kids in the kitchen. ( I liked this decision more this way, Sigmund takes a Hyper Beam to the face!! ;D)
-Choosing between El or Radomus... I think there isn't too much difference on the results here.
-Defeat El's Ditto.

Well, those were the choices I made on my playthrough, so I guess I'm heading to the right way...

Hell yeah~ 0cFvZTz.png

Actually I believe fighting El before you face Bennett is no longer possible. I think that battle was taken out after episode 10, since you then have the choice to side with El or Radomus.

Actually I believe fighting El before you face Bennett is no longer possible. I think that battle was taken out after episode 10, since you then have the choice to side with El or Radomus.

Hmm... I battled him on Episode 9 if I remember correctly, so that's something I can't confirm by myself right now. ...But I don't understand why that fight would be removed, I mean you just talk to him 2 times before facing Benett, and he asks you if you want to do a battle with him, by he saying: ''To show the young challenger Arceus's true light'' or something, if I remember correctly. So I don't know how that fight is related to that future event to be honest. In that case, I think I am one of the lucky ones that discovered that you can fight with him before getting the 7th badge on older versions :/

Hmm... I battled him on Episode 9 if I remember correctly, so that's something I can't confirm by myself right now. ...But I don't understand why that fight would be removed, I mean you just talk to him 2 times before facing Benett, and he asks you if you want to do a battle with him, by he saying: ''To show the young challenger Arceus's true light'' or something, if I remember correctly. So I don't know how that fight is related to that future event to be honest. In that case, I think I am one of the lucky ones that discovered that you can fight with him before getting the 7th badge on older versions :/

I will look into that when I get that far

I will look into that when I get that far

If you read down the page on this linked topic you will see a quote from Amethyst saying she removed it.

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6620&hl=

I actually removed the Snorlax battle. It was replaced by other things that became part of the main story, sooo.

Her quote in the following linked topic explains it better.

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6659

The battle was kind of thrown in at the last minute because I had a sprite for Parson El which wouldn't have otherwise been used so I was like " ~kay, I'll just make a little easter egg"

But then I decided to expand the story of episode 10, splitting it into what's now 10/11 which created the whole arc with the Ditto thing and gave the player a reason to battle El as part of the story. Having done that, the easter egg was redundant.

Edited by Marissa

• 1 month later...