Possible Idea For Future Episode

Skullkin

I don't know where the board about the potential uses of shards in this game went, so I figured I'd just post this here.

Last night, I had a brilliant idea for what we could use the shards found during mining for. Then I got the idea for a potential Trade NPC, and an Easter Egg to go with the trade guy. So Imma just going to get right on it.

Imagine it: A pokemon black market. Maybe a few stalls selling rare goods, all fenced in and guarded by a couple of criminals and mightyena sprites. Maybe you have to defeat some of the criminals or prove that you're with the Magma/Aqua gang in order to obtain entrance or something.

Now, some of the other stalls could sell evolution items or rare berries or something, but the biggest stall could have this guy with four cages: inside each one the sprite of a shiny mew, a Celebi, a Jirachi, and a Victini.

If you have enough shards, you can purchase one of these rare, illegally caught legendaries from the sales man. Maybe he later goes and turns the shards into crack or something, I dunno, but for some reason, he'll trade you legends for shards. I'm going to set up a certain number of required shards here, but feel free to play with the numbers.

50 blue shards: Shiny Mew (Because shiny mew is blue. Regular mew for blue shards made less sense to me at four AM.)

50 green shards: Celebi

50 yellow shards: Jirachi

50 red shards: Victini

This idea got me thinking though: what about the last cute mini-legendary, Shaymin? Well, I came up with a good trading scenario for Shaymin.

So you find this guy standing around in the black market area. When you talk to him, you learn that his girlfriend dumped him, and in order to get back at the bitch, he kidnapped her beloved Shaymin and is looking to replace it with a worthless magikarp.

Now here's the creepypasta Easter Egg that you can throw in if you like: If you return to the black market after trading with the guy, you find that he is no longer there.

A gym leader or two later, you stumble across a little house in a town. Inside, you find a young woman at the sink and a Gyarados nearby. If possible (I don't really know what the extent of video-game making is. :P) you can make the floor and the Gyarados's mouth all red and stuff. When you talk to the girl, she welcomes you into the house, and tells you not to mind the mess. Then she gives you some made-up excuse about how she was making spaghetti, and the sauce boiled over while she wasn't looking and exploded all over everything. However, if you read her diary--which could be on the kitchen table, or on a table in another room or something--you can read her latest diary entry, which will go something akin to this:

"FINALLY! After weeks of training that magikarp, it finally evolved into Gyarados! It's not my precious Shaymin, but it'll have to do. I'm going to make that asshole ex of mine regret ever losing my precious Shaymie-waymie."

So yeah, that's the kind of stuff that goes through my head when I'm suffering from Insomnia at four in the morning. :P

If Amethyst reads this, thank you for making such an awesome pokemon spin-off game for us teens and adults, and Good luck with future episodes.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go pass out from sleep deprivation. =_=

That would kinda...Make the game a little more easier as all of them possess qualities that could make the game a breeze. In the older games I believe, the shards were used for TMs like Sandstorm, Hail, Sunny Day, and Rain Dance. Ame will probably do it that way and throw her own flare to it. It's not a bad idea though.

​But IMO, there isn't enough mine-able rocks to really have that. x_x

That would kinda...Make the game a little more easier as all of them possess qualities that could make the game a breeze. In the older games I believe, the shards were used for TMs like Sandstorm, Hail, Sunny Day, and Rain Dance. Ame will probably do it that way and throw her own flare to it. It's not a bad idea though.

​But IMO, there isn't enough mine-able rocks to really have that. x_x

The reason I made the shard amount that high was so that it would be more of a challenge to obtain a legendary, thereby making you have to work hard in order to get a pokemon that'll help make the game easier. :D

I'd keep said idea until AFTER you beat the champion; seeing as no legendaries are allowed in the league this is loosely based off of, I'd keep it for something endgame (possibly before however Ame renders X-League (if at all))

• Administrators

As much as I do enjoy a good death in a story line...

...I'm gonna pass on that one...

The legendary thing is also a no-go. However, I do like the idea of a black market in general...

Get those "Rare Candies" in circulation.

Hesitation there would be figuring out what kind of stuff they'd sell, what kind of stuff they'd buy. Like, from a game-play perspective, using the shards there is fantastic, but I have to ask, what would people in a black market want with shards?

Balls it, what does anyone want with shards? x.x

The legendary thing is also a no-go. However, I do like the idea of a black market in general...

Hesitation there would be figuring out what kind of stuff they'd sell, what kind of stuff they'd buy. Like, from a game-play perspective, using the shards there is fantastic, but I have to ask, what would people in a black market want with shards?

Ummm....Psh, I dunno. Maybe they break the shards down and snort them like crack?

DRUG SMUGGLING RING FTW?

xD

...What, they never say exactly what's in those rare candies. For all we know, rare candies could be like this:

Edited by Skullkin

Ask these guys. You could also ask why anyone wants Heart Scales?

Game-freak-logo.jpg

Edited by McMc

As an alternative for the Legendary Pokemon thing.. How about rare Pokemon? Like Dratini, Larvitar, Beldum, etc. Selling rare Pokemon on the Black Market is totally something a PokeCriminal would do! :P

As an alternative for the Legendary Pokemon thing.. How about rare Pokemon? Like Dratini, Larvitar, Beldum, etc. Selling rare Pokemon on the Black Market is totally something a PokeCriminal would do! :P

That's Plausible. :3 I could go for that. ^^

& thanks Joyrich~!

I like the idea of rare Pokemon with a for sale aspect to them. What could be interesting is if you had multiple arcs in this. I.E. You go in guns blazing, taking out the Pokemon dealers and having to fight your way through the market, or you can use it as a literal shop, just on the shady side. I like it!

That's Plausible. :3 I could go for that. ^^

& thanks Joyrich~!

Np. However, 50 shards seems to small for powerhouse pokes like those. I would say 75+ shards to get one of em. The Black Market fits in nicely in this apocalyptic world. It only makes sense for people to be making money in shady ways.

just replace the black market and put something like old house and put a old witch in it that she collect shards for rare stuff

Ehhh that's too boring. I like the whole black market idea with Mightyenas and even Houndooms.

• 2 weeks later...

What about if the shards somehow corresponded to changing your EV spread to something more ideal. Idk how it would work but it be pretty dope to control the EV on the pokemon.

Better yet, trading shards for an item that lets you view your EVs, since EVs can more or less be controlled by friendship berries and, well, killing stuff.