the next fossil pokemon

rustytengo

So I have been thinking of what the next fossil pokemon where going to based off of in x and y if they have any going off of how they are in the other games they started with some of the earliest fossils know with the horse shoe crab and the one thing that i wont try to spell areodactey or o how ever u spell that i think was more of a jurassic park thing well the other fossils have been early bug and plant then dinosaures and then some of the last things that lived before the ice age at least that's how I think any way just seeing what y'all might think i think is going to be something from the ice age like a saber tooth tiger that is if they go with the trend that they have with the fossils

if mamoswine wasn't a fossil, I don't see how the saber tooth tiger would qualify to be a fossil pokemon, but it could still happen.

I suppose bastiodon could be seen as a ceratopsian...

still needs a t-rex fossil.

I'd say there needs to be a brontosaurus but tropius exists, unless it's more of a banana tree than a dinosaur. In which case, fire the designers. Which they might have considering the pokemon that showed up after gen3.

rampardos= pachy

needs a stegosaurus

lapras= loch ness/ plesiousaur

omanyte= ammonyte

relicanth= coelacanth

plenty of fossilized bugs, but that's probably where ancient power evolved Yanmega comes in.

archeopteryx and pterodactyls are represented.

mudfish kind of represent an ancient transition from sea to land, but that's where mudkip comes in.

Abagoura is the ancient sea turtles...

what other classic fossils and dinosaurs are left?

Ooh, how about spinosaurus or dilophosarus, a poison type fossil revival...

I love fossil pokemon... and I always thought of Rampardos as a T-rex... even though its not...

Also, Tyranitar is kinda a T-rex...

You forgot to mention that Kabutops is based off of 3 different Animals...

The Horseshoe Crab, the Kabuto Beetle, and the Valocoraptor

• Administrators

I would be all over a sabretooth fossil Pokemon, that sounds super cool.

Like congrats, you've set me up to be hardcore disappointed by whatever XY fossil is not that.

Well for a posion type dilphosarus would probably be a good one for that

There's also a velociraptor is a good classic one

There also a duck billed dinosaurs that are really a classic

And the anyklosaurs

Kubtops really does not have much to do with the raptor other then being a preator really

Edited by rustytengo

Nah Godot, Archeopteryx is the closest to a velociraptor. Heracross was more the kabuto beetle, but it does get inspiration from it alright.

oh yeah, ankylosaurus with the club tail, I was gonna post that but I forgot about it while typing. it would learn all the tail-based moves and then some, then be armored as hell

The duck billed dinosaurs are pretty iconic, but they wouldn't make for great battlers, per se. Would probably be bulky as all hell and tank things. Probably would be like ludiculo, really.

Nah Godot, Archeopteryx is the closest to a velociraptor. Heracross was more the kabuto beetle, but it does get inspiration from it alright.

oh yeah, ankylosaurus with the club tail, I was gonna post that but I forgot about it while typing. it would learn all the tail-based moves and then some, then be armored as hell

The duck billed dinosaurs are pretty iconic, but they wouldn't make for great battlers, per se. Would probably be bulky as all hell and tank things. Probably would be like ludiculo, really.

That would make it fun for me though I like the bulky pokemon

And tyranitar is more like godzilla then the t-rex

Then again, Feraligatr is even more like Godzilla than Tyranitar.

Either way, Tyranitar's evolution line doesn't make sense.

That's true if pupatar was not part of it then it probably would make a bit more sense

Then again, Feraligatr is even more like Godzilla than Tyranitar.

Either way, Tyranitar's evolution line doesn't make sense.

Well, a togepi goes from being a walking egg, to gaining a neck, arms and wings, before throwing those away for bigger wings. Evolution is pretty dodgy in minecraft.

As to the topic of the next fossil, I think there'll be something pteradactyl-like, because it would be cool, and Game Freak like flying fossils. I also think there might be a simian-type fossil? Or a megalodon. That's cool.

A megalodon would be cool and I'd have one on my team in a heartbeat (nightmares of megalodons be damned) but the world already has sharpedo.

Closest thing to a pterodactyl is definitely aerodactyl, but there isn't that much resemblance to its namesake...

A megalodon would be cool and I'd have one on my team in a heartbeat (nightmares of megalodons be damned) but the world already has sharpedo.

Closest thing to a pterodactyl is definitely aerodactyl, but there isn't that much resemblance to its namesake...

True on both things though there are plenty of other sea dinosaurs and flying ones that could get used I can't really name any right off my head I need my giant book of dinosaurs to look them up but that's at home am I am in a forest so I won't have that tell tomorrow

There also plenty of ancient plants that they could use like the fern or others

Edited by rustytengo

well looking though my giant bool of dinosaurs and given that x and y are based off of france and Europe in general the dinosaurs that where found there are

plateosarus form the prosauropod (its a small version of apatosaurus)

iquanodon

hyaelosaurus which is an armored dinosaur though only one fossil has ever been found of it

megalosaurus which is in the same family as t-rex and allosaurus (and was teh first ever dinosaur named even before the term dinosaur was invented)

also the megalosaurus, iguanodon and hyaelosaurus where teh first three dinosaurs

theres also the procompsognathus which is a relative to the compsognathus the scelidoasurus which is a early cousin to ankylosaurus and stegosaurus

the halticosaurus on of the earliest large meat eaters saltopus a very small meat eater and camptosaurus an igianodon like dinosaur

water dinosaurs are protosuchus, placodus nothosaurus (all three are early ones) the liopleurodon (which was 20 times as heavy as the t-rex and it teeth where twice as big) and the ichthyosaurus and plotosaurus

flying theres with areodactayl and Archeopteryx cover most of the flying ones other then a pteranodon which lived all over the world when iit was alive

though with the ones that seem most likely form that list are the megalosaurus( for a t-rex like fossil) iguanodon, the pteranodon and icthyosaurus

whit a sabertooth they could give persian (or some other cat pokemon) a new evolution with ancientpower (or something) like for mamoswine and Yanmega

wow thats a long post well hopefully typeing it out is not in vain

so what do y'all think about those or any other ones

also as seen in a screen shot from x and y team flare is trying to make money off of fossil so most likely there will be some new ones

Edited by rustytengo

• 3 weeks later...

well its most likely that they will have more fossil pokemon given that fossils will be a plot point in the game with team flare and they have given us two fossil pokemon in every gen except 2nd cause they had the Unknown as that gens "ancient" pokemon but i doubt t they would make a new type for fossil pokemon though if they did the types would be at 19 and they stuck with 17 for the majority of the games though truth be told fossil type would be a cool type i would totally make a fossil team probably should that any way

Edited by rustytengo

I don't see how you could make a type out of fossils, considering fossils are mineralized bones- essentially rock has replaced the fragments of bone themselves. So yeah, all that rock typing is probably gonna stick.

I doubt we will see anything outside Light type... people specualated that one for a while.... except they didn't expect it to be called Fairy

yeah if any type where to get introduced it would be light but its Fairy for that

fossils will stay with the rock typing

though because of curiosity wonder what the typing would be for the new ones maybe rock/fire, rock/electric,or maybe rock/psychic

• 2 weeks later...

Just so long as there's no more Rock/Water types getting added. I like all the fossil types so far, don't get me wrong, but half of them fulfill the same purpose in the long run.

• 4 weeks later...