Mono fire team vs Amaria - Recommendations

Casaleggio

Hi All,

I am doing a fire monorun, and for the first time in the game I am really stuck with a gym battle: (Zekrom Route) Amaria.

I have all the available fire type pokemon according to the monorun availability list, and they are all close to the current level cup (including Blaziken obtained as a starter).

Is there any strategy you would recommend me? Until now, Talonflame with gale wings + fly seems to be a valuable member of the team for this fight. What else would you recommend? Please note that the fire memory is not available yet so I cannot use a pledgemaster Silvally to force a field change, and transforming it with sludge wave salazzle did not produce good results.

Thanks a lot for your recommendations!

Have two or more flying pokemon which can use Fly and escape from underground. Gale Wings adds priority to flying moves, so use it well. Give Focus Sashes to your team (how many ever) and have pokemons with Drought ability to maximize fire damage. You can alternatively use Disable on some of her mons, but, I don't really recommend it, since it's a waste of turns. You can also give any of your mons an Amplifield Rock to have field-effects for longer turns. Go for whichever terrain-changing move at your arsenal, once you surface. Best would be if you could breed a Delphox and Musharna (knowing Psychic Terrain), you can obtain a Fennekin with Psychic Terrain, use Psychic Terrain, change the field and destroy Amaria. Not as easy as said. If any pokemon survives a hit, you can make it hold a Custap Berry to move first at problematic situations.

First thoughts here:

If you're fighting in doubles, I guess using a Rotom with Discharge  and Choice Spec supported by Tailwind might work a little. Maybe in singles, it can work too. So, Talonflame and Oricorio should help you keeping speed control.

I think Talonflame is mandatory to get rid of Ludicolo. Acrobatics + Flying Gem should ensure the kill.

12 minutes ago, Teto said:

First thoughts here:

If you're fighting in doubles, I guess using a Rotom with Discharge  and Choice Spec supported by Tailwind might work a little. Maybe in singles, it can work too. So, Talonflame and Oricorio should help you keeping speed control.

I think Talonflame is mandatory to get rid of Ludicolo. Acrobatics + Flying Gem should ensure the kill.

I thought of the Rotom idea too, but it'll become slow once it transforms to heat forme. Maybe that's where your Tailwind idea comes. Good one.

Alternatively on water surface, you can cause rain or Amaria will do it herself. Mixing rain and sun will create a rainbow field, which doesn't do much for her and also for you.

What about a trick room + focus sash on chandelure, and then rotom discharge while keeping the underwater field - and then once the field runs out fly + tailwind with talonflame? 

The idea of going for a psychic field is definitely good, nice way to think out of the box for sure. Thanks a lot for your help boys

20 hours ago, Casaleggio said:

What about a trick room + focus sash on chandelure, and then rotom discharge while keeping the underwater field - and then once the field runs out fly + tailwind with talonflame? 

The idea of going for a psychic field is definitely good, nice way to think out of the box for sure. Thanks a lot for your help boys

Trick Room works well, but make sure your combos are decided beforehand. Discharging everything is pretty easy, except for maybe Lanturn, if it has Volt Absorb.

My most recent playthrough was fire mono... this gym hurt my soul but I beat it like so.

Step one drought vulpix- The level doesn't matter. If you want to train it up to be viable then you can use confuse ray which can help for this next part

Step two Volcrona with big root/giga drain and quiver dance- If confuse lasts long enough to fuck her over then consider this victory as giga drain with enough quiver dance destroys everything bar lapras. Sunny day plus the water resist berry means you should survive long enough to reach her last two mons.

Step three volcrona probably dies.- Lapras Special defense in this field is absolutely busted. the seed plus water plus its natural bulk means ohko even with critical is unlikely.

Step 4 doesn't matter we still golden- rotom fire is faster and with lightning you should be able to do massive damage and stun it, downside she will heal from the status. good side the trainer uses a health potion if low enough which means step 5 is the win

step 5 BLAZIKEN FTW- HJK will do absurd damage to this mon if trained properly and if you have black belt you should be golden. I managed to kill with two HJKs. Step one is the biggest step but if you can bring it down to everyone vs lapras you should do fine.

Mons needed

Vulpix or Ninetails with drought and confuse ray. focus sash if vulpix

Volcrona with giga drain quiver dance/big root or water resist berry

Blaziken with speed boost and HJK/black belt helps

Rotom fire with discharge and RNJesus to paralyze

This is actually an easy fight for the most part since volcrona will sweep the whole team after about 3 quiver dances. Even when I had 6 lapras lived and could one shot using dive which is physical and even with the berry its defense is so terrible it didn't matter.

Hope this helps and good luck sir. May the eternal flame guide you

p.s this battle was done in singles. If you try doubles as a fire team in this gym you might actually be insane.