Next Steps For My Rotation?

Seel The Deal

Looking for suggestions on what to add to my rotation. I'm sitting right before the Hardy fight, with my planned team for him at the bottom of the box. Everything's level 80+ and EV trained (except Bagon and Deino ofc). Unfortunately, some of them are starting to fall behind the power curve (Manectric, Sharpedo, Tauros, Houndoom, and Scolipede in particular, though in all fairness 2 of them just need a Mega Stone and Scolipede's just missing Poison Jab). My effective rotation right now is probably close to 15 'mons and going into the endgame of Reborn I feel like I need a few more powerhouses ready for battle. I'm probably going to grab the other psuedo-legends at some point (except maybe Goodra, I don't see myself using it); other than that, I'm open to any suggestions!

Screenshot (214).png

Spoiler

I think your team is already perfect since your other pokemon will probably get killed by Hardy's insanely fast and ridiculously strong Pokemon though I suggest switch your bisharp for a pokemon with Levitate so that your pokemon can just spam earthquake to destroy his whole team except aerodactyl and Archeops like for example I sent out my Flygon and swampert together and have them use earthquake,it doesn't affect Flygon and on this field earthquake gain and additional rock type damage so it doesn't hurt swampert that much you can also use X items if you want

using bisharp is risky since his gigalith have rock smash which is greatly boosted by the field not to mention his rampardos has fire fang

Edited by Angelkitsune

Spoiler

My excadrill actually fairly easily destroyed him without even setting him up, also a sandlash does wonder while his gigalith sets up sandstream. Other than that your team looks fine. Although indeed Bisharp is do-able but risky as is steelix for their natural weakness with fire & rock smash. Other than that looking at the rest of the rotation, Arcanine I can be seen to use as 'deathwater' with intimidate or some of his pokémon perhaps even Staraptor with intimidate.

10 hours ago, Seel The Deal said:

2 of them just need a Mega Stone and Scolipede's just missing Poison Jab)

The Poison Jab TM is in Teknite Cave. You'll need Power Gem, Earthquake, and I think Blizzard to get to it. Also, Manectric's Mega Stone is available through a side-quest in Agate City. There's a lady lookin' for a password.

Other than that, your Pokemon look fine IMO.

11 hours ago, Seel The Deal said:

Looking for suggestions on what to add to my rotation. I'm sitting right before the Hardy fight, with my planned team for him at the bottom of the box. Everything's level 80+ and EV trained (except Bagon and Deino ofc). Unfortunately, some of them are starting to fall behind the power curve (Manectric, Sharpedo, Tauros, Houndoom, and Scolipede in particular, though in all fairness 2 of them just need a Mega Stone and Scolipede's just missing Poison Jab). My effective rotation right now is probably close to 15 'mons and going into the endgame of Reborn I feel like I need a few more powerhouses ready for battle. I'm probably going to grab the other psuedo-legends at some point (except maybe Goodra, I don't see myself using it); other than that, I'm open to any suggestions!

Screenshot (214).png

Aegislash is a must in my opinion. Awesome design, set-up+destroy in single battles, wide guard in double battles. He basically single-handedly beat the three battles in the glass factory for me and Hardy is a pushover when you use wide guard. I also like Chansey - since you know what your opponent has, you can always decide if it´s useful or not (depending on if they rely mostly on special or physical attacks).

4 hours ago, wcv said:

The Poison Jab TM is in Teknite Cave. You'll need Power Gem, Earthquake, and I think Blizzard to get to it. Also, Manectric's Mega Stone is available through a side-quest in Agate City. There's a lady lookin' for a password.

Other than that, your Pokemon look fine IMO.

I knew about the Manectite, just have yet to get around to that puzzle since I literally just did the Agate City invasion stuff, but thanks for pointing me towards Poison Jab. Now Scolipede can be the mean bean cleaning machine it always wanted to be!

3 hours ago, LilyX said:

Aegislash is a must in my opinion. Awesome design, set-up+destroy in single battles, wide guard in double battles. He basically single-handedly beat the three battles in the glass factory for me and Hardy is a pushover when you use wide guard. I also like Chansey - since you know what your opponent has, you can always decide if it´s useful or not (depending on if they rely mostly on special or physical attacks).

I seem to have the terrible luck of never having spread moves used on the turn I select Wide Guard, but Aegislash does seem worth picking up. I could also potentially keep it as Doublade until Aegislash's extra power is needed for certain kills, since Doublade has better staying power while attacking. Chansey's an interesting one but I rarely encounter any special attackers which can break both Vaporeon AND Serperior, plus Chansey's really passive, so idk. I could potentially go with Blissey, since it's still more than capable of walling special attackers while having the ability to do some amount of damage outside of Toxic and Counter.

Also shoutouts to those who called me out on Bisharp, I sorta had him in as a filler. I'll probably keep him in anyway since he's got speed investment and can OHKO basically everything on Hardy's team, and I shouldn't need him too badly anyway with my double Curse lead + Hardy's primarily physical team. If that doesn't work out I might try Durant for more speed, attack, and no EQ weakness.

31 minutes ago, Seel The Deal said:

I seem to have the terrible luck of never having spread moves used on the turn I select Wide Guard, but Aegislash does seem worth picking up. I could also potentially keep it as Doublade until Aegislash's extra power is needed for certain kills, since Doublade has better staying power while attacking.

Honestly, Doublade has nothing over Aegis. Since he´s so slow, he will always attack (and change into blade form) last, and afterwards you just use priority King´s Shield to go back into shield form. Additionally, King´s Shield helps a lot against physical attackers, since the AI isn´t able to predict it.

6 minutes ago, LilyX said:

Honestly, Doublade has nothing over Aegis. Since he´s so slow, he will always attack (and change into blade form) last, and afterwards you just use priority King´s Shield to go back into shield form. Additionally, King´s Shield helps a lot against physical attackers, since the AI isn´t able to predict it.

That is fair, and I could always just breed it if I do need a Doublade instead.

6 minutes ago, Seel The Deal said:

That is fair, and I could always just breed it if I do need a Doublade instead.

I don´t know what your view is on using traded pokemon, but I have a few spare Honedges with wide guard as an egg move - if you are interested...

Trick room + wide guard completely counters anything this gym can throw at you. Aegislash and conkledurr (best wideguard users imo) along with reliable trick room setters like Slowbro or Eviolite Dusclops are great options if you have them. Send out Aegislash to use wideguard while dusclops sets up the trick room and then burns everyone with will-o-wisp. From there Switch in conkledurr and Drain punch everything to death. Gyro ball Ferrothorn under Trick room also works really well.