My starter doesn't obey ?

Quasar47

5 minutes ago, Quasar47 said:

You're kind to propose me that, but you don't have to. If I give up and ask for help now, even a little bit, then it means I won't be able to play the game by myself later, when I have to fight the next gyms ( and my pride would be a bit banged up ^^' ) .

And, even if that's already the case, I don't want to look like a capricious kid people give candies to appease his frustration. That would hurt my pride a bit ^^

Haha, i can respect that. Good luck with the rest of the game and I sincerely hope you'll have a LOT of fun playing it like the rest of this awesome community! 🙂

2 hours ago, CrossImpact said:

Don't be so explosive if you don't like something, haha. Not liking something is okay, but make sure to stay respectful when writing about it.

I haven't fully read the whole conversation but I do want to say one thing that kind of got overlooked. I feel like a few users had an, dare I say it, elitist mindset in which what people may not find a fault means that it isn't a fault when it really could be. The OP was clearly frustrated which isn't a bad thing in a video game (if everything was easy or a cakewalk it'd be boring) and how people handle it always varies. When I give feedback to Reborn, I have to take a good hour or so after I do everything to get my own thoughts straight. It happens. I just want to clear that up so that when people see this again they don't gang up on a guy. We do want to welcome and not drive people away.

And...I read it and nobody really explained what the level disobedience system is:

The level caps aren't really meant so much as a barrier but more of an indicator of around what levels you should be. So long as your Pokemon fall within about 5 levels below the cap you are usually fine. Sometimes the recommended level is more like 2-3 levels (some you can do 10 levels below theirs) but never do you need your levels really close to that cap. If a Pokemon is falling behind you should focus on catching that Pokemon up. Usually the balance is fine, but it certainly isn't faultless. Just work on a team and then make adjustments as you progress. I do understand your point of feeling like you are wasting experience due to using common candies which you are but if you really need that Pokemon in the battle, then it's better to lose some of that experience over having deadweight as the lost experience will balance itself out later. It happens. Also as a nice little note is that in later parts of the game you can find some really high leveled wild Pokemon to substitute in if you are having trouble against certain leaders with little to no grinding needed for them.

Now I do want to talk about the story a bit. I actually recommend reading it as there is quite a bit of charm to the main story. Sure it might feel a little boring at the start but it really picks up shortly after where you are. I also believe that the mechanics are explained in the readme (don't quote me on that) because the game kind of does need a manual to refer to with all the changes. If you are merely only interested in the challenge, that's fine too but you may need to ask for help from time to time. A lot of people around here are willing to give a hand or advice whenever you really need it. Believe me, we've all been there. We've all got mad at the level cap (cough *Poison Gym *cough) and had those roadblock moments. 

13 minutes ago, Commander said:

I haven't fully read the whole conversation but I do want to say one thing that kind of got overlooked. I feel like a few users had an, dare I say it, elitist mindset in which what people may not find a fault means that it isn't a fault when it really could be. The OP was clearly frustrated which isn't a bad thing in a video game (if everything was easy or a cakewalk it'd be boring) and how people handle it always varies. When I give feedback to Reborn, I have to take a good hour or so after I do everything to get my own thoughts straight. It happens. I just want to clear that up so that when people see this again they don't gang up on a guy. We do want to welcome and not drive people away.

I don't disagree at all, elitist thinking can be another side of the coin to make people feel unwelcome. But if someone comes charging in with their second post being a rant about how something is shit and terrible and garbage, I might advise to join another website's community I do not even wanna mention by its name as well.
Now, things cooled down just as quickly, but man, does it have to be so ugly at the start? Emotional control and not lashing out is a thing.
Obviously being human is also a thing, yet there's really no harm in asking for the former and I would not see how it drives people away.

13 hours ago, CrossImpact said:

I don't disagree at all, elitist thinking can be another side of the coin to make people feel unwelcome. But if someone comes charging in with their second post being a rant about how something is shit and terrible and garbage, I might advise to join another website's community I do not even wanna mention by its name as well.
Now, things cooled down just as quickly, but man, does it have to be so ugly at the start? Emotional control and not lashing out is a thing.
Obviously being human is also a thing, yet there's really no harm in asking for the former and I would not see how it drives people away.

As I said in one of my posts, I admitted that I overexagerated by making the disobeying system worse than it looked like. You're right, maybe I should have calmed down before posting this topic. It didn't please me (and it still doesn't) but I'm ready to give it a chance and see how it goes.

PS : I got wrecked by the second gym leader at least 10 times, yesterday. I only managed to win against her stall team by stalling her boss monster as well. How ironic...

1 hour ago, Trufa said:

@Quasar47 sorry if i got a bit harsh. anyway, now that you beaten Florinia and are giving the game a chance, wait for the Fire Gym MUAHAHHAHAHAHA

There's only one thing worse than stall : Stall and burn mixed together. I hope that next Gym leader is only fond of burn, then.

On 8/9/2018 at 10:23 PM, Quasar47 said:

Ok, so here is my team

- A lvl 8 Zigzagoon (just a slave)

- A lvl 21 Wormadam (currently griding to keep it at its best)

- 2 lvl 25 Noibat and Loudred

- A lvl 26 Prinplup

- A lvl 27 Kricketune

I only have one badge, and currently battling against all the second gym members before the champion.

So, you're basically telling me that if I want to continue playing the game without an handicap against a champion who already had beaten up my team for my first badge, I have to willingly handicap my pokemons so that they're not too overpowered for my future matchs ?

This is the most stupid way of introducing challenge I've ever seen in a Pokemon game. I mean, ok, maybe I am not supposed to grind in this game, but... Undoing all of my progress just to give a chance to a guy I'm supposed to beat... Heck, why should I give him a chance, I'm supposed to beat him ! And more importantly, if it's so easy to grind in this game, why not make that part of the game more difficult, or strengthen up my enemies' pokemons in gyms ? Why should I waste pokedollars and progress in order to give me a chance of loosing ?

I mean, look at my team! If I don't use a Common Candy to weaken them, none of them will obey me, and I'm gonna get destroyed again and again by the same guy over and over... and I'm barely at my second badge, so what is it going to be when I am halfway through the game ?

I don't want to use Common Candy. I don't want to do something I'm not supposed to do to play "fair". I've already sold each Common candy I've found to gain a bit of money to spend for pokeballs and potions. Is this system telling me all this progress was lost ? I mean, I'm still at the beginning of the game, so I haven't got that much progress, but is it going to be the same for all gym leaders ? And what if my pokemons aren't strong enough to beat them, even though they're just at the limit ?

This is not even bad game design, it's stupid. I want to hear the reason why this system was implemented, because it's ludicrous.

Sans titre.png

People enjoy it regardless. I have finished this game thrice in new runs from scratch in EP15, 16 and 17 (haven't started the new 18 yet) and I have yet to use a single common candy. You just need to grind less, and share XP between all your mons - like I tend to keep all my mons at the exact same level, if one of them levels up I swap it out from the front to another and so on until all 6 are the same level.