If Pokemon Reborn was made into an anime...

ShadeStrider

Then It should be animated by whoever animated SSB4's Palutena reveal trailer.

The main character needs to ditch the Silent Protagonist trope. This isn't a video game.

Or I'd even take Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children style cinematics. Advent Children Isn't a good movie, but one Thing almost unanimously Agreed upon, is that the Animation is amazing.

Who would you have write the script?

I wouldn't mind the animation being produce by either ufotable or mad-house production. Honestly, couldn't the script be written by Ame or one of the dev team themselves considering they made the game and how it's gonna start and end.

for the longest time, ever since the title theme came out i think, i've been imagining how an anime opening would work. Personally i believe animation would be well executed by ufotable, and i've just been imagining bits and pieces of it. The brunt of it coming up to a showdown on top of the Citae arc d'astrae, panning over every main character until you get to the top, where it's meteor vs. good guys, until it finally pans onto the leaders of both sides, being the PC & Lin. The panning up the tower starting at about 0:55 into the title theme. Very classic, i know, but it's cool to think about. 

I have so many Ideas for how the new, not-silent MC could be handled.

Like, at first, the MC thinks all Team Meteor people are evil. That changes when he/she/xe exposes Corey and learns his reasons.

Or, giving the MC a dormant fear of Drowning, that Resurfaces when... Reshiram Path.

Hey, nice idea, I was thinking about a comic a while ago using graphics gale, but it's too much work, I don't have time nor experience haha 

I do understand a silent MC, but if it's silent, why do you need a script? You have everything on the game, imo the only thing needed is to explain why he doesn't talk right?

I think an anime with multiple characters being a couple if not all of reborn's protagonists would be cool. I know the beginning of the game kills of at least some of the other protagonists but the anime could follow a couple of the survivors similar to the way xyz handled both ash and alain or similar  to how the manga handles each of the in-game player characters. 

ShadeStrider@ those are some great ideas. Like you I'm not a really fan of the silent MC route either. I have their own personalities and motivations for battling team meteor. Like for Example;

After the events of Black 2 and White 2, Losing his parents from the destruction left by Kyruem and team Plasma, Vero was sent to an orphanage to try a new start for the lonely child. Sadly, Vero wasn't normal child, never gotten over the death of his family, Vero became a loner never trying to make friends, never relying on others for help, people thought he was a cold person who has a disdain for people but, in reality he has fear of getting attached to others and losing them as he lost his parents. 10 years later, getting tired of living in the region of his family's death Vero earned a train ticket to far away region know as the Reborn Region.

19 hours ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

I feel like the MC would have a disdain or phobia of Garchomp, considering it nearly killed them, killed kiki, was Terra's ace and you always seem to end up on the wrong side of its claws.

That could be interesting. Then they can animate the MC doing the sidequest to get a Gible. And then the MC would take on the challenge and overcome his/her/xyr fear of Garchomp.

Although, I do prefer the Fear of Drowning, because it's slightly more realistic, and goes a small way to make our MC more relatable. Actually, screw it being a "dormant" fear, just make it a full on phobia.

• 1 month later...

I was always saw Vero as your typical trainer that comes to a region to challenge the league, being a previous champion of another region, only to find that reborn isn't your typical kid-friendly place. That illusion gets shattered after the train explosion, and the events make the MC change from a Red/Ash clone to a more genre-savvy character, considering how dark this game can get.