Team advice

Goldstin99

Hi guys, just started reborn a few weeks ago and am really loving it. However, I have some concerns about my team. I might be paranoid, but due to how difficult the game is right now (just got to the water treatment plant) I am scared they wont be enough later. Can anyone tell me how well they think this team will do later in the game?

Blaziken, Noivern, Luxray, Lapras, Metagross, Drapion (Might switch this to a Krookodile so I can have a ground type)

I dont have the Metagross right yet, but I plan to swap my current Meowstic out for one when I get to the point where it's available. I'm pretty partial towards this team and would like if I didn't have to change things, but if there's no possibility that this team can take on the rest of the game I'm willing to change some things. Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

You're team is pretty solid in terms of coverage, while i never recommend only using 6 pokemon in this game (I personally keep a squad in rotation). But I'd switch drapion for Krookodile just so half your team wouldnt be weak to ground attacks.

I also recommend having a solid grass type for a certain water gym leader, as she has strategies to counter electric more so than grass

Edited by Ethan Hunt

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You're team is pretty solid in terms of coverage, while i never recommend only using 6 pokemon in this game (I personally keep a squad in rotation). But I'd switch drapion for Krookodile just so half your team wouldnt be weak to ground attacks

This.

Also, I recommend looking into getting a fairy-type. Ribombee and Ninetales are favorites of mine.

43 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You're team is pretty solid in terms of coverage, while i never recommend only using 6 pokemon in this game (I personally keep a squad in rotation). But I'd switch drapion for Krookodile just so half your team wouldnt be weak to ground attacks.

I also recommend having a solid grass type for a certain water gym leader, as she has strategies to counter electric more so than grass

So, maybe replace Luxray for Mow Rotom? I'm not really sure where else a grass type could fit on this team, but maybe if not I can level up a seventh Pokemon.

1 minute ago, Goldstin99 said:

So, maybe replace Luxray for Mow Rotom? I'm not really sure where else a grass type could fit on this team, but maybe if not I can level up a seventh Pokemon.

You don't have to replace luxray..but it wouldnt hurt to have a grass type in the wings for them pesky water/ground types. Like i said, having more than 6 team members is gonna help you alot.

I personally don't like rotom but that's just me. A contrary serperior with leaf storm saved my bacon in the water gym

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You don't have to replace luxray..but it wouldnt hurt to have a grass type in the wings for them pesky water/ground types. Like i said, having more than 6 team members is gonna help you alot.

I personally don't like rotom but that's just me. A contrary serperior with leaf storm saved my bacon in the water gym

Is there any way to get Serperior besides starter? If not, any other good Grass types you recommend?

4 minutes ago, Goldstin99 said:

Is there any way to get Serperior besides starter? If not, any other good Grass types you recommend?

I can get you a serperior if you want one..I have a couple, whimsicott is pretty good with a fairy typing.  Or i could get you that too or both if you want them 

Edited by Ethan Hunt

37 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I can get you a serperior if you want one..I have a couple, whimsicott is pretty good with a fairy typing.  Or i could get you that too or both if you want them 

Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather not trade on my first run through so I can experience everything how it's meant to be. But maybe I'll track down a Whimsicott when I get out of this circus place. Thanks for the help!

well you team looks good. You should fair well in the upcoming battles. Prolly luxray can be swapped for roserade so u have grass and poison in the mix when u replace drapion for a ground type. Excadrill is a good ground and steel type. Also think u can exit agate since u already beat terra not very sure but think u might be able to exit agate. metagross is well hard to get and you cant breed a decent metagross cause it is genderless and the ditto we get is kinda rubbish unless u soft reset like a mad man. so yeah u might want to find another psychic type. Malamar might be a good choice i feel.

So basically my team recommendation for u is : Blaziken,Noivern,Roserade,Excadrill,Malamar and Lapras.

You have a well-rounded team with just the right mix of offense and defense. Imo I think your mons can get to the very end of the game with the right stats and movesets if you really want it to be your final team. Though I’ll also give you some tips if things get harder from here:

- Two of your mons are non essential naming Noivern and Drapion. Noivern for me lacks offensive power and is sadly frail. Blaziken can effectively fill its role as a flying type with access to Brave Bird alone. Whereas with Drapion, a poison and dark type is not needed anymore considering you have Luxray (Crunch) and Blaziken (Move tutor Knock Off) and poison isn’t as important like the other types. With this, I also recommend the mons suggested above. Roserade as a powerful Grass/Poison type and for the last slot since you want a ground type, Diggersby.

- Teach Lapras Blizzard. Blizzard is one of the most useful moves alongside Earthquake that can drastically change the course of field effects which is greatly helpful on your upcoming battles. 

- If you want a more balanced team, I suggest using Magnezone instead of Luxray and Gardevoir instead of Metagross. Both are one of the most OP mons of Reborn.

Lastly, I recommend you EV train your team so they will be more stronger than they usually are and give them their fitting natures. Goodluck and have fun!