Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Japan loves Villager and Greninja? Huh. Didn't even think of that for a while. I know that Renai is one of the top Villager players out there, and I'm just amazed. I'm not even saying anything against Villager being borderline top tier, because I've seen what that beast can do. He may be a little child, but there is a straight up demon inside. Not powerful enough to be top tier, but hey, I'm definitely convinced.

The last time I did For Glory matches, there were a lot of Cloud players. Probably because that was when he was released, but I don't know. I gotta check to see if people still play as Cloud frequently online.

The last time I did For Glory matches, there were a lot of Cloud players. Probably because that was when he was released, but I don't know. I gotta check to see if people still play as Cloud frequently online.

Yes.

One of Cloud's big selling points is that he is super easy to play. Even through the abundance of little nerfs that he got, he's still going to have a huge representation just because of that low skill floor.

as a corrin player, I don't even notice the difference, really. I don't even care if they scaled down the counter. I rarely used it and corrin still feels pretty fast on the ground.

the neutral air might have lost some damage, but it feels faster and safer to use.

I highly doubt mewtwo is sheik fast, but I haven't played around with post-patch mewtwo yet. I'm certainly not celebrating the fact that mewtwo is a MITE heavier. What would kill mewtwo at 115% now kills at 117%. Excuse me if the hairline difference doesn't make me jump up in celebration. Bad ankles you know.

If I was reading the smashboards list right, zss and others got minor damage nerfs but their knockback was increased quite a bit. Doesn't sound like much of a nerf to me.

as a corrin player, I don't even notice the difference, really. I don't even care if they scaled down the counter. I rarely used it and corrin still feels pretty fast on the ground.

the neutral air might have lost some damage, but it feels faster and safer to use.

I highly doubt mewtwo is sheik fast, but I haven't played around with post-patch mewtwo yet. I'm certainly not celebrating the fact that mewtwo is a MITE heavier. What would kill mewtwo at 115% now kills at 117%. Excuse me if the hairline difference doesn't make me jump up in celebration. Bad ankles you know.

If I was reading the smashboards list right, zss and others got minor damage nerfs but their knockback was increased quite a bit. Doesn't sound like much of a nerf to me.

I noticed Sheik got KB increase on most of her throws, but I think the reason for this is to prevent throw followups, so it is kind of a nerf in a way. Sure it'll send you farther, but it also means it's harder for them to get anything out of it.

It's on ground speed M2 is fast as shiek. And it's true, i saw a comparision of them somewhere in twitter which i forgot oops. But m2 have same ground speed as shiek.

damage nerfs automatically mean the KB also gets decreased, which in terms of comboing means it got a buff

i'm expecting the new top 5 for patch 1.1.5 in order to be: rosa, ZSS, bayo, sheik, cloud or sonic

Played my first local tournament today. Not so much players, like 16 players in the tour. My place isn't so much of people especially compared to melee.

I got into losers final and lost against the best smash player in the local tournament.

I was surprised that i got so long until i played against the opponents. The first round was pretty dumb.. Like the opponent play lucario, opponent spammed counter and couldn't recover. I won 2-0 pretty easily.

The rest of it was pretty alright. I got right into losers bracket against a lucario main....Feels bit ironic.

After that i won against people in the losers bracket until the losers final.

I'll say it was pretty fun being in the local smash. Feels good to play offline a lot. I got to play melee just testing by borrowing someone's controller.

Gamecube controller feels pretty weird. Didn't get used with it. Through i'll use it when i get a wii u someday.

I'll say it was a good time for the first tournament i have been. I need still to improve myself through. I did very hard mistakes on the matches like Sd accidently and such.

But yeah, i'll go next one gurranteed. Hopefully the opponents at the first round can do better than i fought.

I used Sonic mostly in tour, but falco sometimes because i get bored just playing sonic sometimes.

Word's been going around about this crazy-ass control scheme that allows you to make perfect pivoting and other smash 4 techs way easier. It's called Bidou and it's worth checking out. If you wanna try something new then I promise this'll take up some of your time.

The main reason it's only recently been getting attention in the West is because of the video made by My Smash Corner.

Worth noting that quite a bit of this works in Brawl as well. Only a couple of these tricks work in Project M.

That looks really interesting. My only worry about using this would be that it might mess me up in the other Smash games I play. Regardless, I might give it a try sometime. I'd love to see somebody good at using this control scheme play at high level.

Nah, you can do it with other mappings. It's just much more difficult.

Part of the reason it's so much harder on the GameCube controllers is that the analog L and R buttons really do you no favors whatsoever when trying to make quick executions. Short-stroke shoulder buttons, such as those on the Game Pad or Pro/Classic Controllers, make it quite a bit easier as far as timing goes.

ZeRo's last video made me cringe...I don't even wanna watch this one tbh...

This video is more different and serious than the last video. It's also edited well compared to his other video.

It's more of bayonetta herself begin so easy like "carring the player"/You can win a big tour by playing few days with bayo and is "toxicity" because you have to play pretty super campy to defeat her it makes both players and spectaros really not enjoy the game example.

I honestly reccommend watching it.

Honestly. Bayo should get a Luigi nerf. Increase both side b and up base knockback. Really, at this point, she is equally worse than the auto combos in Persona Arena 4. But this is getting to the point where she REALLY needs a nerf. **** learning the MU, she can throw everything out of the window if you aren't playing campy.

if you look back on how bayo was pre-patch, she probably was better then pre-patch sheik, but after the witch time nerfs, it's as balanced as it can be with the exception of that you can't DI out of it, which is kinda insane but it's not as bad as it was since you have a much shorter time to follow up out of witch time in general now

Honestly. Bayo should get a Luigi nerf. Increase both side b and up base knockback. Really, at this point, she is equally worse than the auto combos in Persona Arena 4. But this is getting to the point where she REALLY needs a nerf. **** learning the MU, she can throw everything out of the window if you aren't playing campy.

if they did nerf her b moves like that, it'd basically break the character in terms of combos, which is kinda what sakurai said she was going to be in the trailer, so they definitely wouldn't nerf her that way, you could nerf the KB growth on her b moves instead to keep her somewhat viable but still not a likely solution

overall i feel it's a bit of a overreaction from zero, bayo does have huge weaknesses in that her neutral is pretty bad, anyone with a better neutral can take advantage of her pretty easily and as long as you don't get swept up into a witch twist and get death combo'd she has a pretty hard time killing

I can't really say much on Bayo. To me she's just a pay to win character like Cloud, so I don't really use her that often and I don't really like fighting her, but I can understand why people like her and don't want her nerfed. She isn't too terribly OP, but she is not weak at all. I'll just stick to my original 48 + Roy & Lucas tyvm

She is overhyped atm imo. She is pretty predictable and can struggle getting in on people sometimes since she can be pretty easy to camp and punish.