Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

I know DDD can do some annoying defensive things with his Gordos where they bounce in place and keep him safe from rush down. He also sucks against ranged characters.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

man, now that zero is telling everyone how strong MK is, everyone's going to have a pocket MK now ;w;

I'm still focusing on link and doc.... i wanted to learn meta knight before it was cool to learn meta knight.... now i'll just be seen as a piece of shit if i do.

not that people don't see me as a piece of shit anyway....

I'm still focusing on link and doc.... i wanted to learn meta knight before it was cool to learn meta knight.... now i'll just be seen as a piece of shit if i do.

not that people don't see me as a piece of shit anyway....

only if you're shit with MK 8)

I really don't know if MK is as strong as ZeRo says he is. He's alright against Sheik and some other high-tier picks, which I guess is reason enough to pick him, but everyone else that has respectable range will give him a hassle. Marth, Zero Suit, Shulk and Ike will all do considerably well vs MK.

I really don't know about the strength of Meta Knight. He's good against Sheik and some others, which I guess is reason enough to pick him, but everyone else that has respectable range will give him a hassle. Rosalina, Marth, Falco, Shulk and Ike will all bend him over.

...MK is actually a pretty hard MU for rosa according to the boards, the only moves that don't knock away luma are Uair and Dair... and MK's Dair isn't very good...

There are people on both sides of the spectrum saying that the matchup is in so and so's favor. I personally subscribe to the theory that Rosa wins this matchup by playing passively and letting Luma do most of the killing.

MK has some really bs kill options like ZSS killing off the top of the stage, except MK has more options into these combos (d-throw/dash attack/up tilt) and most of the time you can't DI away from his upairs so even bad MUs are winnable if you're killing them from 40-60% to death

also i would think the rosaxMK MU would be more even, luma seems like she'd be able knock MK out of a lot of combos

man, now that zero is telling everyone how strong MK is, everyone's going to have a pocket MK now ;w;

Wait, seriously? I picked up MK as a main last month and now he's gonna be mainstream? My hipster swag is ruined... :(

DAMN YOU, ZERO!!!!

Don't care what Zer0 says, I'm sticking with R.O.B., Morton, Fox, and most recently, Geno.

And some tips for King DoodleDong, be very patient. You can't rush in like a lunatic. F-Tilt is a good spacing/poke tool because it's got perhaps the least recovery in his entire kit. And while his grab game is good, you can't be like Luigi with him and fish for grabs because he can't do as much out of them. His jab can lead into a few followups: First 2 hits into either rapid jab + jab finisher, down tilt, possibly a grab, or possibly a down smash. Mindgames.

Edited by Generalguy64

Geno? You dropped Reggie? Was his body too much for you?

No, but Feint Jump isn't his default Down B. It's actually the Head Slam move, which is the equivalent of taking away Bouncing Fish and giving Sheik her old Down B back. It's that bad. My local tournament scene doesn't allow customs any more, including on Mii. So, now I'm going with my original reason for having Mii as my most wanted: To wreck face with Geno to piss off everyone who wanted him playable. Gunner has the best Default customs and is still really fun to use.

No, but Feint Jump isn't his default Down B. It's actually the Head Slam move, which is the equivalent of taking away Bouncing Fish and giving Sheik her old Down B back. It's that bad. My local tournament scene doesn't allow customs any more, including on Mii. So, now I'm going with my original reason for having Mii as my most wanted: To wreck face with Geno to piss off everyone who wanted him playable. Gunner has the best Default customs and is still really fun to use.

Shiek's old down B was pretty bad. It transformed her into a lower tier character.

Shiek's old down B was pretty bad. It transformed her into a lower tier character.

I know. He's just that much worse without it. It's essentially Bowser's down B with none of the damage or kill power, yet the same amount of endlag.

Feint Jump is a fast, reliable escape, recovery, and attack all in one. Mii Brawler is significantly worse without it.

Went up against pyrrhon and my kd3 took one maybe 2 sets out of many sets. Yep, and originally it was supposly a luigi ditto matches but I failed, badly. Need to break one habit of me double jumping (ruins my down-b recovery) and practice some more combos.