Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Roy is lame in my book because he is a dated character who was put into Melee to advertise the upcoming Fire Emblem game... Which I heard wasn't very good. I would much rather see a character from a game people actually liked. I would accept Eliwood over Roy, despite the fact that they are the same character.

An all Pokemon Smash game would indeed be cool. Cyndaquil, Aggron, and Nidoking would be my homies, assuming they were in it.

In my opinion, Lucina should have just been added as a skin for Marth, and Chrom should have entered as a new character, somewhere between Marth and Ike in terms of speed and power. I think they could really do a lot more than they have with the recolors, something like they did with Olimar/Alph, but for more characters. I would still love to see my Myrmidon idea put into place. A generic Myrimidon character with recolors for different characters -- Navarre, Lon'qu...

Otherwise, I'm still pulling for Roy, like it or not. He may be outdated and a character from a game we never got (at least to my knowledge), but he does have a real fanbase in the States because of Melee. (It's not just a tiny fanbase, either.) I'd like to see Nintendo add the characters people have been asking for forever more than anything else. (Roy, Isaac, Ridley... At least they finally brought back Mewtwo.) Seriously, why do we get Bowser Jr. over characters like those...?

Roy...well the fan base could support him, but there's a number of things in his way. Namely his popularity, which isn't quite Lucas-level, and the fact that he's got a name conflict now, which may see a transition of the character to Eliwood, which wouldn't be the worst...

Isaac...I dunno why he isn't in Smash yet. I feel like there's a spot in Smash for him, so let it happen!

Ridley will never be a playable character in Smash Bros as fitting him in a Smash-like game would be extremely awkward and difficult, since he's flying, huge, and surprisingly one-dimensional. His role in Pyrosphere will likely be as good as it gets.

The only thing I'm putting my money on is the next returning character to be announced for DLC, that being Wolf. Such a boss in Brawl. I want him back...

An all Pokemon Smash game would indeed be cool. Cyndaquil, Aggron, and Nidoking would be my homies, assuming they were in it.

In my opinion, Lucina should have just been added as a skin for Marth, and Chrom should have entered as a new character, somewhere between Marth and Ike in terms of speed and power. I think they could really do a lot more than they have with the recolors, something like they did with Olimar/Alph, but for more characters. I would still love to see my Myrmidon idea put into place. A generic Myrimidon character with recolors for different characters -- Navarre, Lon'qu...

Otherwise, I'm still pulling for Roy, like it or not. He may be outdated and a character from a game we never got (at least to my knowledge), but he does have a real fanbase in the States because of Melee. (It's not just a tiny fanbase, either.) I'd like to see Nintendo add the characters people have been asking for forever more than anything else. (Roy, Isaac, Ridley... At least they finally brought back Mewtwo.) Seriously, why do we get Bowser Jr. over characters like those...?

Lucina was originally going to be like Alph, along side Dr. Mario and Dark Pit. When the game was first announced, I said several times that I would rather see Lucina replace Marth than see marth in the game. I even went as far as saying I wouldn't mind seeing Chrom replace Ike, but that sword and tomes trailer went up... I was so damn happy! I fucking love playing as Robin! I also wouldn't mind seeing Chrom being a faster more combo oriented Ike. One issue with Roy is that, his game WASN'T good.

I can see Bowser Jr. and the Koopa kids being in over Isaac and Roy for one major reason... the Super Mario IP is 1st Party, where as Golden Sun and Fire Emblem is 2nd Party. Sakurai also hates Ridley. I really really really want Isaac, and he is currently doing really well in the fan made Smash Ballot Census... so Isaac when? I am hoping to see him sometime next year.

Roy...well the fan base could support him, but there's a number of things in his way. Namely his popularity, which isn't quite Lucas-level, and the fact that he's got a name conflict now, which may see a transition of the character to Eliwood, which wouldn't be the worst...

Isaac...I dunno why he isn't in Smash yet. I feel like there's a spot in Smash for him, so let it happen!

Ridley will never be a playable character in Smash Bros as fitting him in a Smash-like game would be extremely awkward and difficult, since he's flying, huge, and surprisingly one-dimensional. His role in Pyrosphere will likely be as good as it gets.

The only thing I'm putting my money on is the next returning character to be announced for DLC, that being Wolf. Such a boss in Brawl. I want him back...

Yes to Wolf, Wolf please!

Roy is technically first party as Intelligent Systems and HAL Laboratory (Roy's creating studios) are exclusively Nintendo studios in a similar fashion to EAD, SPD, etc.

It's difficult to distinguish between first party and second party sometimes when it comes to Nintendo, so I'mma let that slide...for now. It also takes time to explain it, as far as Nintendo's concerned it's pretty strange anyway and it's too late in the night for me to explain.

EDIT: Talked to IRL friend. He says that the second-party characters in SSB4 are the Pokemon, Dark Pit, and Shulk.

When the game was first announced, I said several times that I would rather see Lucina replace Marth than see marth in the game.

PLEASE STOP SAYING THESE THINGS YOU MAKE ME WANT TO CRY.

Seriously though, Marth has been my main man since Melee. I don't ever want to see him go, even if he becomes as bad as or worse than he is in Sm4sh. Plus, being the star of the first Fire Emblem game ever is enough justification for him to keep his spot imo.

One issue with Roy is that, his game WASN'T good.

Well, he was also in Melee, and... you know how that game is. AMAZING

At a casual level, he actual is a very good character though. TONS of power in that F-Smash. Also, Ness, Pikachu, Kirby, and Ganon are also less-than-stellar characters in Melee (Ness especially), but after being adapted to Smash 4, look how great they're doing. I think if he were to make a comeback in Sm4sh, it'd be know problem to balance him with the other characters' levels. I'd actually love to see him get completely reworked so as not to be a clone, though imo he's one of the more creative clones. (Power in the middle of the blade to contrast Marth's tippers, while having very weak tippers himself.)

Let's not use melee as a standard. It was fun, but it was also broken as all hell.

I would have preferred that Lucina, Marth, and Chrom all been alt skins for each other because Chrom and Lucina literally have the same fighting style, so really the differences would only be nuances in speed and power. And besides, while Chom would be stronger, I don't actually see him as an actual rival to Ike in pure strength.

Isaac. It has to happen now. The fans have spoken. AND HE HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL AS A FIGHTER. There are so many ways to approach him as a character. He could have a move like shulk- he sets different djinni, which would boost his speed and knockback (jupiter/wind), attack and burn damage (mars/fire), defense and super armor (venus/earth), healing/slows/water pushes (mercury/water). His specials and smashes could be based on weapon unleashes or various attacking/field psynergy. His final smash could be any number of awesome attacks- Odyssey psynergy, Megiddo (sol blade unleash), Judgement (summon), Grand Gaia psynergy, Titan Blade unleash... Isaac can be so much fun if they really explore all the possibilities.

I'm just going to leave this link here for anyone interested in reading this. It's an article that talks through some of the differences and highlights of Smash 4 and Melee, and I think it does a pretty good job as a compare/contrast of the two. It's relatively unbiased, though the point of the article is to make a case for Smash 4, so there's always a little bias towards that, but it never gets hostile. While I may not agree with the opinion that Smash 4 should be the primary tournament focus, he makes some valid points. It just kind of shows that the two sides of Smash should be able to talk about things without calling out the other game.

http://kotaku.com/why-super-smash-bros-wii-u-deserves-to-dethrone-melee-1696512607

read it before, and I agree with a lot of what the guy says. However, there is a lot to defend the Melee side of the story. Part of it involves the fact that P:M is played more than Melee from what I have seen. Not only that, most of what Smash 4 has that Melee doesn't, is in P:M. You an still find and buy Wiis and SSBB. I saw it at my local WalMart.

Sakurai is hosting a pre-E3 smash live stream this Sunday at 7:40 PT and will be talking about smash DLC as well as show off Lucas.

Many of you have already seen the leaks...but did you notice the new stage? There was footage of a new stage to come alongside the new characters!

EUP1DHQ.jpg

Of course i did Shanco.

Here is ryu's stage looks full view.

CHXwO0vWgAA6WQU.png

If you want more info about the leak, here.

Mii Brawler costumes for Heihachi from Tekken, Jacky and Akira from Virtua Fighter.

Mii Swordsman Costumes for Zero from Megaman X, and KK Slider from Animal Crossing

Mii Gunner Costumes for Isabelle from Animal Crossing, and Megaman EXE

If you press QCF Special, Ryu can toss an ex Hadouken, he also has jabs and heavies which you perform by lightly taping the attack button or heavily pressing the attack button.

Ryu can also FADC like how he does in SSF4 (Focus Attack Dash Cancel)

Updated with more info about ryu