Pokémon X and Y! (Official Discussion Topic)

Nyrias

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is already looking to take my number 2 spot as far as Pokemon games go. As for the leaked Pokemon, I like them all, to be honest. Though, I hope there a more Pokemon you can ride other than that goat. Maybe it's a replacement for the bike? Something that allows you to ride a Pokemon to get places. Maybe a saddle? I love the box art too, and of course, the character customization is a very nice change. It may not be the greatest, but it's a good start. Also, I really hope that electric lizard looking thing evolves into an Electric/Dragon type. It would be nice to have a non uber one.

• Administrators

Honestly, the customization system in PBR was great and probably my favorite part about playing the game- but maybe that's just my shallow appearance-based habits in games. I loved the personal outfits and the titles on your cards and all the non-default stuff, really-

DSC_2330.jpg

good times

It's doubtful, but if they can pull something like this off again, consider me sold. New Pokemon are neat and all but without stats or evolutions or movepools or anything and (ironically, coming from me) only the appearances to base things on I can't really form a definitive opinion.

Honestly, the customization system in PBR was great and probably my favorite part about playing the game- but maybe that's just my shallow appearance-based habits in games. I loved the personal outfits and the titles on your cards and all the non-default stuff, really-

DSC_2330.jpg

good times

It's doubtful, but if they can pull something like this off again, consider me sold. New Pokemon are neat and all but without stats or evolutions or movepools or anything and (ironically, coming from me) only the appearances to base things on I can't really form a definitive opinion.

Considering the 3DS is actually as powerful as the Wii and you can store extra data on the SD Card more effectively now, it's not unlikely for them to do something next gen or so close to PBR's customization.

To be honest, though, I like the new trainer designs enough that I wouldn't even care about having the customization option, although giving the best looking femtag a tan and dark blonde hair is deliciously amazing.

@Ikaru

my pbr trainer actually looked a lot like me... but it had a lot to do with the fact that there was brown skin, medium black hair and fedora custumization options in the game XD

@Sven

I have preset nicknames for a lot of poke, dunno what I would name the robin, panda, or lizard yet... but I am leaning toward naming my Chespin Pachuco

^that

Also englis names and Kalos region map

Game freak also stated that you can unlock custom parts for your avy as you play the game

^that

Also englis names and Kalos region map

Game freak also stated that you can unlock custom parts for your avy as you play the game

Can't wait for this, to be honest. Character customization is one of the most pointless things in games but it's usually my favorite feature.

just like you can get accessories for them dance things. i don't want none of those things for my character.

Serebii says Outfits and Accessories

just like you can get accessories for them dance things. i don't want none of those things for my character.

Aren't optional features grand?

OHMYGODCHARACTERCUSTOMIZATION EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'm actually super pumped for this game now because after having to play through White 2 looking like a surfer who decided it was too cold out and that also he wanted to play tennis so he put on a visor and was kind of a hipster so he got a messenger bag I can finally look like an awesome person. Hopefully. Also, now there's the option of blond-haired blue-eyed pale male protagonist. Go me!

That electric lizard looks amazing and I want it. Also I'm hoping for that panda to become Normal/Fighting, but I doubt that will happen.

EDIT: My sig describes how I feel.

Edited by Jory

As long as they aren't as lame or as tacky as the pokemon accessories.

they need legit customizations like different hats and hairstyles like ponytails, etc. i have a vote of little confidence in their attempts at customization.

As long as they aren't as lame or as tacky as the pokemon accessories.

they need legit customizations like different hats and hairstyles like ponytails, etc. i have a vote of little confidence in their attempts at customization.

Even if they are lame and tacky, you don't have to even wear them. You can stick with the basic, canon appearences if you want, and those look really good on their own. Different outfits and accessories are optional.

Even if they are lame and tacky, you don't have to even wear them. You can stick with the basic, canon appearences if you want, and those look really good on their own. Different outfits and accessories are optional.

Having customization but choosing not to use it because it's so bad is an epic fail. That's worse than having no customization at all. The new main characters aren't bad, true. But nothing exemplary either.

Having customization but choosing not to use it because it's so bad is an epic fail. That's worse than having no customization at all. The new main characters aren't bad, true. But nothing exemplary either.

Not trying to be rude or anything, but how is it a fail to have optional features? The whole point of them being optional is if you like them, you use them. Same way if you don't like them, you don't use them. It's not really a fail, just adding potential variety. Some people enjoy the base designs, some want to change them and this fits that desire both ways.

It's not like they're removing development time for other features in the game to work on these, either, considering they've probably been working on a good chunk of XY since before BW2 were released.

Not using customizations because you like the base is one thing. Not using customizations because you don't like the options is another.

In one it just isn't there and in the other you're just pissed off that they missed the mark entirely.

But yeah, I'm waiting to see what else they do. Hair and eye color is a tiny smidge of an improvement. If that's all they have to boast about, then I'm not impressed.

tumblr_mn1ddmMe2a1rorjv3o1_400.gif

Diagonal movement was already confirmed, but for some reason some people were debating it, claiming it to be a case of auto movement to change the character’s direction with the camera or something stupid like that.

This gif shuts them up and pours hot was into their open eyes.

(Contrary to popular belief, yesterday’s episode of Pokemon Smash did have some new footage. just no new info