Version 10 Gym leader help

Tempo17

I am struggling so hard with this versions latest gym leader. Do you guys have any tips on beating the gym leader. Also are spoilers still in place? If so can someone remind me how to do them, its been a while since I've been on this site.

19 minutes ago, Tempo17 said:

I am struggling so hard with this versions latest gym leader. Do you guys have any tips on beating the gym leader. Also are spoilers still in place? If so can someone remind me how to do them, its been a while since I've been on this site.

To use spoilers, just use the darkened eye icon at the top of the box where you type in. Not sure what advice to give for the gym leader, their team is different based on the difficulty

Might help a bit if you post your team, so we can give substitution options and what not. Dragonite should be easy enough given there are a few decent to good Ice Types, I was able to shut it down completely with Slush Rush Beartic. Skarmory is a little trickier, but if you have something that hits with high SP. Atk and is neutral or better to steel it's fairly easy to take down. You'll want to plan for Mega Pidgeot, Hurricane will decimate you if you're not planning for it. It's a matter of shutting the weather down more than anything else once you have counters in place.

Honestly, any time i had any problem with leaders, i swallowed my pride and did 1 thing - change field. In most cases it just decimates the gym leader strategy. So i took my Sylveon from the back row for fly leader and just turned the field into fairy (or mist, whatever it's called).

Other than that, yeah, posting your team would help. 

• Veterans
8 minutes ago, Bearadactyl said:

Reveal hidden contents

Might help a bit if you post your team, so we can give substitution options and what not. Dragonite should be easy enough given there are a few decent to good Ice Types, I was able to shut it down completely with Slush Rush Beartic. Skarmory is a little trickier, but if you have something that hits with high SP. Atk and is neutral or better to steel it's fairly easy to take down. You'll want to plan for Mega Pidgeot, Hurricane will decimate you if you're not planning for it.

Spoiler

Wouldn't that just activate Dragonite's Weakness Policy after it lives thanks to Multiscale+Strong Winds and then just decimate you back with Hurricane? 

Aside from that though. Flying types such as Talonflame are your best bet here. The field is both his biggest weapon and his achilles heel. Flying types of your own can literally decimate him.

I caught a kling and evolved it to klingklang and it pretty much swept his whole team!

Spoiler

I set up with shift gear until I had max ATK and Speed and then I used charge beam until I defeated that skarmory so as to boost my SP. ATK.

This gym leader is a nightmare! It was the first time I had to train a pokemon so as to win a battle!

Spoiler

I believe a magnezone could prove really helpful against this gym leader.

Spoiler

You can get a magnemite when you finish the side quests in Tenrajuma island

5 minutes ago, Azeria said:
  Hide contents

Wouldn't that just activate Dragonite's Weakness Policy after it lives thanks to Multiscale+Strong Winds and then just decimate you back with Hurricane? 

Aside from that though. Flying types such as Talonflame are your best bet here. The field is both his biggest weapon and his achilles heel. Flying types of your own can literally decimate him.

I managed to one-hit Dragonite, so weakness policy wasn't relevant to the situation in my case. Beartic hits like a tank. Double super effective halved is still super effective, and Dragonite's lackluster defense is still beaten down by Beartic's Attack stat. Even then, with Hail going at the time I could have just switched to my sacrificial Pokémon and let them take a hit if needed; nullifying Multiscale with Hail damage. Lots of ways to go about it.

• Veterans
1 minute ago, Bearadactyl said:

Hide contents

I managed to one-hit Dragonite, so weakness policy wasn't relevant to the situation in my case. Beartic hits like a tank. Double super effective halved is still super effective, and Dragonite's lackluster defense is still beaten down by Beartic's Attack stat. Even then, with Hail going I could have just switched to my sacrificial Pokémon and let them take a hit if needed; nullifying Multiscale with Hail damage. Lots of ways to go about it.

Spoiler

Oh you switched it to hail. Yeah that makes more sense. Thought Strong Winds were still up, in which case it one shotting should be literally impossible.

Just now, Tempo17 said:

my team consists of mawile, infernape, greninja, noivern, gardevoir, nidoking. i trained a metagross, levanny, tyrantrum, chandelure, and amphoross on the side

Go get Metagross and Amphaross while boxing Infernape and Nidoking. That alone should help a lot.

Just now, Azeria said:
  Hide contents

Oh you switched it to hail. Yeah that makes more sense. Thought Strong Winds were still up, in which case it one shotting should be literally impossible.

I was able to change the terrain entirely, because I have a Beheeyem on my team with Psychic Terrain; after that, I set up hail and steamrolled his team save for Pidgeot, which threw me off guard, had to stall it out with Alolan Muk.

17 minutes ago, Tempo17 said:

my team consists of mawile, infernape, greninja, noivern, gardevoir, nidoking. i trained a metagross, levanny, tyrantrum, chandelure, and amphoross on the side

Noivern could potentially be your strongest asset here, imo, especially if it knows Hurricane; Tyrantrum would probably do well to replace Nidoking for this battle, Ampharos could do some serious damage dependent on what moves it has; Thunder and Thunderbolt can decimate most of his team, if you can get an Ampharos with Electric Terrain it's game over for him entirely. But, I would for sure put Tyrantrum on your team and keep it in reserve for after Skarmory and maybe Dragonite are dealt with. As for Ampharos? I'd swap it out with Infernape for the time being, given Infernape is really only good for dealing with Skarmory overall; and even then that can be iffy.

If you can set up some kind of damaging weather or entry hazard, it will go a long way. Other than that? I'd suggest training up a Talonflame, it's extremely useful with this field as long as it has Gale Wings.

Adding on to Azeria's suggestion, maybe swap Mawile for Metagross; and you should be pretty solid.

Spoiler

It took me atleast 15 tries to beat him. ima tell you what to do as somebody who struggled just like you. Get an electric type and teach him double team. Paralyze the skarmory and set up double teams and wait for his tailwind to go away. As for noivern ,heres something you may want to consider. Go to the market in Grand Dream City and buy a metronome and put it on noivern. This will make it so that the more you spam hurricane the more damage it will do

Swoobat for me did pretty much all the work....I mean with a little bit of support, changing the field at beginning (Misty Terrain)
Calm Mind + Simple (and attract to make sure I get my Calm Mind Boosts Safely).
at the end of the misty field I got more power in the original field... Spam Air Slashs.

Spoiler

Swoobat just Could not defeat Mega Pidgeot. Mega Pidgeot Outspeed and Finished with Hurricane + Field Bypassing My  Sp.Def Boosts.
I sent Magnezone And  it was able to survive the Pidgeot's heat wave and then countered with Mirror Coat

8 minutes ago, Zetto said:

Swoobat for me did pretty much all the work....I mean with a little bit of support, changing the field at beginning (Misty Terrain)
Calm Mind + Simple (and attract to make sure I get my Calm Mind Boosts Safely).
at the end of the misty field I got more power in the original field... Spam Air Slashs.

Hide contents

Swoobat just Could not defeat Mega Pidgeot. Mega Pidgeot Outspeed and Finished with Hurricane + Field Bypassing My  Sp.Def Boosts.
I sent Magnezone And  it was able to survive the Pidgeot's heat wave and then countered with Mirror Coat

I could have sworn that hurricane blows the misty terrain away. But if it works then maybe i should have tried it too

• Veterans
5 minutes ago, the red guy said:

I could have sworn that hurricane blows the misty terrain away. But if it works then maybe i should have tried it too

It's supposed to but that's bugged in the current version. SMH ppl getting away with winning because of bugs.

12 minutes ago, the red guy said:

I just went to know about this bug later... and no one ever used Hurricane in the Beginning.
unless you meant about the Tailwind Effect from the First Mon.

whelp finally did it with double team+charge beam cheese with ampharos. Nearly swept his whole team except for the dragonite. Got hit with 1 too many hurricanes. Also was it just me being unlucky cause I got hit with scald at +6 evasion 5 times.